April 2014 Moms
Options

Findings on my Anatomy Scan - Im freaking out a bit

I just received an email from my OB that the US produced findings on the kidney and ureters. He advised he didnt know the significance yet and he is referring me to perinatology for a further US. I called and the earliest they could get me in is December 2nd. The nurse advised she didnt want me to get all worked up over this, she advised it could be an abnormal or variant of normal finding or worst case it will provide info that the Dr.'s will need at the babies birth.

I do not want to Dr. Google as I am terified of what it will say....

Does anyone have any experience with this or any info? Im freaking out a bit..

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image

Re: Findings on my Anatomy Scan - Im freaking out a bit

• Options
    I have no experience with it, but I wish you and the baby all the best. I'm glad you're seeing a perinatologist, it really does mean your baby will be under the best of care (even if it turns out to be an incredibly minor issue!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry you have to sit on this for so long. FX for some good news in December for you. Praying for a simple condition and solution for you. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    I dont have exp w. this specifically, but with DS#1 the anatomy scan showed that the left ventricle of the brain was on the 'larger side of average' so they were concerned and had to have an MRI to get him checked out more fully. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. Turned out ot be nothing, he is totally OK, the doctors just like to error on the side of caution. STAY AWAY FROM DR GOOGLE! It had me convinced that my lil guy was going to have a life full of struggle and its so the opposite. So until they say there is def something wrong, which is the lesser likely scenario, try not to worry, but I know how hard that can be, just keep telling yourself that the chances are actually in your favor!

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Options
    My advice: stay away from google! It will totally freak you out. I know it seems far away, but Perinatology will be super helpful and you'll be under the best care. My thoughts and prayers are with you that this is totally a minor issue.
  • Options
    I also go with the STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE girls. you will find nothing but scary information there!!!

In my job I see many many many "normal variations" daily! 

What a normal variation is: There is the text book version of what anatomy should look like/be and there is the actual reality. For example, most people are right handed, but a normal variation is some people are left handed. Means absolutely nothing in real life!!!

NO BODY LOOKS LIKE THE TEXT BOOK!!!! - needed to say that very strongly!!! because its so true!

Remember that Dr's LIKE to know all the information and even if everything is normal, if there is a slight variation, they want to know everything about it!!! They also prefer to err on the side of caution - so even though they know everything is fine they will do another look "just in case"

And something else to remember, and this is the biggest one, if they were really worried, they would have already called you back in for you scan. The fact they are leaving it for a month means they aren't that worried about it!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    thomas930thomas930 member
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for the scary news. Hopefully its something that can resolve itself. My DD had dilated kidneys found at our a/s and they wanted to keep and eye on it until it either resolved itself or birth. I ended up having u/s every 4-6 weeks until like 36 weeks because she just never released her bladder before every u/s, which eneded up being the reason for the dilated kidneys.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    (((Hugs)))

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had the same finding with my daughter...she had a 2 vessel umbilical cord. Her kidneys were the focus. It's a condition that usually corrects itself within the first few hours of birth. My daughter is very healthy now and she never had to spend extra time in the nursery. We both went home 24 hours after her birth. I hope the same for you.

Are you having a girl?
  • Options

Ladies you have no idea how much reading these messages mean to me. I am a mess here at work. My poor DH just keeps telling me to try and stay calm as it isnt good for the baby and me to be so worked up. I cant leave work as I am saving as much PTO as I can for Dr. appointments.

I emailed my Dr. asking if he can pull some strings to get me in sooner and he just replied basically saying what a few of you said. He said having the appointment in December is good as they are hoping the issue will correct itself in time. I also asked if I will get results at the appointment or if I will have to wait for results.

Charlyse  we are team green for now. If finding out the sex in this process happens I will be ok, as long is the baby gets what is needed to be healthy.

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"