June 2013 Moms
Options

Pack n Play or Hotel Crib?

jlml2008jlml2008 member
edited November 2013 in June 2013 Moms
So I am a total planner and I already started making lists and deciding what to pack/not to pack for an upcoming trip. We are traveling in a couple weeks and I am trying to decide whether or not we should take the pack n play or use the hotel crib. We are flying down there and then renting a car. What would you use?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pack n Play or Hotel Crib? 117 votes

Pack n Play
70% 83 votes
Hotel Crib
29% 34 votes

Re: Pack n Play or Hotel Crib?

• Options
    We always used pack n play with DD but the convenience of the hotel crib was appealing with all the stuff we need to take for both kids. But, I am totally a germ freak and that is why I was wavering on the hotel crib...maybe I will go buy a travel pack n play
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you asked this. I was debating the same thing myself
  • Options
    With all the bed bug problems def the pack n play.
  • Options
    hotel crib. bring your own sheets. I have stayed in the hotel probably 20 times and never had an issue with a single hotel crib.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options

If I was driving to my location I would bring the pack n play no questions, but since you are flying and likely have quite a bit of gear to bring already I would use the hotel crib.  I would bring my own sheets and Lysol wipes to give it a once over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Every time we have seen the hotel crib, it's a crappy old thing that looks like the mattress is never changed. I prefer my own pack and play, so I just pad the "mattress" of it with blankets, then put the pack and play sheets over it so it's not hard.
  • Options
    I would do the hotel crib IF y'all are staying in a nice hotel. If not bring pack and play. You can Always wipe down the sides and put two fitted sheets down. I mean only babies have slept in there so it can't be that bad right?
  • Options
    I agree it totally depends on the hotel. We are going to a pretty crappy hotel this weekend for a friend's birthday and I'm bringing the pnp. In December I am going to a spa for a night with my mom and I will use their crib and just being my own sheets. And yes, Alex is coming to the spa too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pack n play! My sister was going to use the hotel crib (which ended up being a pnp anyway) it was filthy! It was stained and dusty and just nasty
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your input! We're going the pack n play route
  • Options
    WasNotWas said:

hotel crib. bring your own sheets. I have stayed in the hotel probably 20 times and never had an issue with a single hotel crib.

Same here. And if for some reason it was gross I would call the front desk and ask for a replacement. But I've never had a problem with them and always just brought my sheets.

• Options
    See, I would do something ghetto like buy a PnP when I got there and return it before leaving. Lol.
  • Options
    We flew out of town a couple of weeks ago and for convenience factor we went with hotel crib. I brought my own sheets, blankets, etc. No problems and I'd do it again the same way!
  • Options
    I asked for a crib at a hilton and they set up a pack n play and gave me queen size sheets for it which was not ideal (if you go this route consider bringing your own crib sheet).  I also felt like there is no way to sterilize the padded board in the pack n play and who knows how many other babies slept on it.  
    TTC since 2/2009
    11/2010 - Surprise BFP - m/c @ 16 weeks - dx Lupus Anticoagulant
    1/2012 - Clomid & IUI #4= BFP twins! On Lovenox - m/c @ 16 weeks

9/2012 - Clomid & IUI #5= BFP! EDD 6/6/13

I may have to wait....I'll never give up.
    I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck. - Buble
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"