Single Parents

Insurance?

Any thoughts on health insurance for a newborn baby. I have my own health insurance and would like my child to always have health insurance too. Any suggestions or experience you have had with getting a newborn insurance? Is the process similar to an adult? THX! :)

Re: Insurance?

• You should be able to add your LO to your insurance policy effective the day he/she is born.  You can also change your coverage at that point as it's a qualifying event.  You would normally have 30 days from the date of birth to make this change to your policy.
  • or, if you can't afford the increase in cost, check out www.allkidscovered.com, health insurance for ALL KIDS. I applied and am waiting to see what happens next...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, depending on your income, you can apply for Medicaid for LO.  I applied for DD before she was born and, for some reason, they put me on it too even though I already have insurance through work.  Medicaid is secondary but they picked up pretty much all of the extra birth expenses that my health insurance didn't cover. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"