1st Trimester
Options

Stretchmark Cream without cocoa butter?

TwiggymommyTwiggymommy member
edited November 2013 in 1st Trimester
Hey yall!
I have an allergy to cocoa. And because my moms philosophy was "expose her to enough of it and she'll be cured of her allergies" (which didn't work, by the way) just smelling cocoa butter, or a chocolate bar makes me itchy.

But for first time in my life I have stretchmarks. And tbh it's kinda scaring me lol. But all the mirical creams at my local pharmacy and Walmart seem to be cocoa butter based. Anyone have any recommendations on cocoa - free. Stretchmark creams that are relatively inexpensive?
Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)

Re: Stretchmark Cream without cocoa butter?

• Options
    You'll likely be happiest with your favorite lotion. There are a lot of "anti-stretch mark" products out there, but much of the marketing fails to mention that stretch marks can't always be prevented. Genetics determine skin elasticity so if you (like me) are unfortunate in that department, there isn't much you can do except slather on moisturizer for the itchiness/dryness and wait for them to fade away.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes it's true that it's genetic and you might get them anyway, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try anyway.  I would stay hydrated.  Drink lots of liquids and use moisturizer.  Burts Bees also makes an oil product that might help.  I like it a lot!

https://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Vitamin-4-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B002DPUY3S
    On our way to baby#2!  Praying for a healthy and happy delivery next June!
  • Options
    Just buy lotion to help with the stretching and itching. There is no such thing as a stretch mark prevention cream no matter what the bottle says.
    This.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nothing can prevent them, but yeah you can take precautions. Drink tons of water, moisturize, don't use a harsh body wash (the body shop makes soap-free body washes that are awesome). I've heard good things about bio-oil, which you can get online or at babys-r-us. I got some and it's pretty awesome, isn't greasy like you would think. And it has tons of uses. Worth a try and not expensive.
  • Options
    Try the unrefined organic shea butter. It doesn't smell very nice but it's great for your belly.

Or you could use the Baby oil from Burts Bees, it smells delicious and it's organic. Use it after shower on moist skin and then wipe it off with the towel.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! My mom is a tiny little thing (5', 87 lbs) and she has no stretch marks so i was hoping for the same. But my DH accidentally pointed them out on my boobs by saying. "baby you need to stop scratching you have bruises!" then I looked a bit closer and no there just giant purple stretchmarks!
    I'm thinking shae butter will be my best bet. I'm a Burts bees fanatic so i may go looking for their baby oil too!
    Thanks again for the really fast reply!
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Options
    I use vitamin E oil and coconut oil. I have had good results so far but I'm not that far along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"