Food Allergy
Options

Disney With Food Allergies

Any suggestions or tips? Hotels in the park with kitchenettes that you would recommend?

Thanks!

imageimage

Re: Disney With Food Allergies

• Options
    Disney was AMAZING with food allergies! It was so nice to be able to eat and not have to stress over every little ingredient. The chef or manager would come to our table at every meal. They would ask for the allergies, then go over the menu or plan a special meal based on my DD"s preferences. I think the best hands down was when we did Chef Mickey's and the chef went in in the back and whipped up a batch of dairy-free Mickey-shaped waffles for DD. I seriously almost wanted to cry. For once my DD was able to eat the fun foods like all the rest of the kids! At Boma at the Animal Kingdom lodge the chef walked me through the entire buffet not only telling me which foods were safe, but also giving me the history of a lot of the African foods. Very cool! When you make your dining reservations, just be sure to indicate there is someone in your party with a food allergy and Disney takes care of the rest!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Oh, and if you get a chance go to Baby Cakes NYC in Downtown Disney. They had a SLEW of gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, etc. desserts. I may or may not have accidentally eaten more of DD's dairy free donut than she did. YUM!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the info! I'm glad to hear you had such a good experience.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sent you a PM, Disney is amazing with allergies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same experience as pp.  DD was technically not even a paying customer since she's under 3 and they made her a special dairy free meal at the buffet we went to.  We were just there for the day but based on my experience I'd feel comfortable staying there and using the dining plan for her.  Usually when we travel or eat out we bring our own food just to be safe but they really went above and beyond at disney.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is great info.  Thanks for asking....I was wondering the same thing!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    This is great news!  We're going to disneyland in a week and a half!  
  • Options

I just returned from Disney World with my PA son.  Disney is the best when it comes to food allergies.  They take it seriously and they are the only ones who always send the chef out to talk to you about the food.  They genuinely care. 

I wish I could live there.  It was so nice to go out and enjoy a meal without worry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"