Houston Babies
Options

suggestions?

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare?

when did your baby become fun?

what is your baby's favorite toy?

what do you have that you would not live without?

Re: suggestions?

• Options

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare? She slept in her crib, it wasn't a nightmare.  I mainly remember the glow from her video monitor keeping me awake.

when did your baby become fun? We are still waiting on big interactions.  I can get smiles now and some movement, but that is it.

what is your baby's favorite toy? She loves the Rainforest bouncer.

what do you have that you would not live without? I love the Swing N Bounce.  It is nice to have her in the swing and just be able to lift the seat out to put her on the table for dinner with us.  I also love our stroller, but you already knew that.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options

1. First Night Home: It was scary. Like, the scaredest I have ever been. Joe would make little squeaky sounds and noises, he'd burb, hiccup, stir around in his pack N play (which was beside our bed) and every little noise woke us up. We were panicked that he'd get hurt or stop breathing. He woke up every 3 hours for a bottle and go right back to sleep. After about 2-3 weeks, he stopped going right back to sleep and I'd have to rock him for 20 mins to get him to sleep after every feeding.

2. Around 4-5 months. He is the BEST now...I could play with him all day and never get bored (okay, that's an exaggeration.....but he's really fun!)

3. Favorite toy: As a little baby, his $3 maraca from Right Start was his absolute fave, loved his Rainforest Gym also. As a 6 month old, loved his plastic rubbery blocks (still does) and his Rainforest Jumperoo. 9 month old....loved his dump truck (still does) and his walker. 12 months: Loves just about any toy in the 12 month range....LOVES balls!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

woops, forgot the last one:

WHat can you not live without: RAINFOREST BOUNCER!!!

• Options

jOE
  • Options

This was his fave as a little baby and was fantastic for when I needed a shower or some down time....and he STILL uses it when he has a bottle.
  • Options

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare? Nope, it was easy, Amelia was still sleepy and we were still on a high.  Things got harder around 9 days for us...that's when the deprivation set in and the lack of help really hurt. 

when did your baby become fun? she's always been fun in different ways, but there's a turning point at 3-4 months when they roll and interact more and it's wonderful.

what is your baby's favorite toy? Her piggy...a piglet doll from the Disney store (SIL got it for her).  That's her favorite lovie...toy wise she loves her chicco play table with the piano on it.

what do you have that you would not live without? boppy...hands down the best thing for a nursing mom.

• Options

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare? Nah, it wasn't a nightmare, but it was pretty scary like MGR's first night.  I had her in the bassinet next to our bed, but I was anxious over all the little noises she kept making.  So, I ended up bringing her to our bed and she slept on my chest.

when did your baby become fun? There are great things about each age and stage, but I think she became fun around four months. 

what is your baby's favorite toy? She loves her Fisher-Price learning table a lot now as well as some soft blocks from Lakeshore.  As an infant, her favorite thing was her Whoozit.  I've also heard great things about the the Lamaze toys like Jacques the Peacock.

what do you have that you would not live without? DD wasn't a huge fan of her swing or bouncer, but she loved her playmat.  I loved having a nursing cover; I used it a ton for the first six months.

• Options

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare? not a nightmare, but it was very scary. she'd been in the nicu for 8 days with all kinds of monitors and wires and nurses around 24/7. we were so used to having someone/thing to tell us everything was ok.

when did your baby become fun? at about 2 months. that was when she first started to react more.

what is your baby's favorite toy? she loves her play mat

what do you have that you would not live without? the swing and bouncy chair.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare?  not bad at all..  My mom was here to help :)

when did your baby become fun? Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the "baby phase"...  now that he is older he is more fun.  I would say 9 months....

what is your baby's favorite toy? used to be the gym thingy...  now he loves anything he can push around or bang on..  his lawn mower is top of the list...

• Options

worst night of my life, well, that night and the nights for the next two weeks.  buuut, we came home to no power and no ceiling due to the hurricane.  and we had tons of BFing problems, so nights were just horrid until we got power back and got our feeding problems fixed.

since day one - she was probably the most alert newborn ever.  but fun for other people to be around started around eight weeks and it just keeps on going.  she's fifteen weeks tomorrow and oh my gosh, she's so entertaining!

right now, she loves her soft animals.  she has one that she rubs on her face whenever she gets all tired.  she also likes her wooden teething toys.  oh, and the FP aquarium crawl and kick (or something like that).  she spends up to thirty minutes in a time just playing her little heart out in it.

hands down, my moby wrap

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

not bad, but I went to sleep. DH stayed up with the baby all night so I could sleep. Plus my sister  was there to help. She's the one who insisted I sleep.

Around 4-5 months. could have been sooner but the first 3 are a blur in my memory.

when she was little it was some measuring spoons the dishwasher had melted. and this thing that hung over her that she batted. it was very simple and only had 3 things hanging down, but she played with it forever.

her bouncy seat or swing was my lifesaver. she slept in her swing the first couple months.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageopallover:

Not really a nightmare but scary.  and I had hormones going on.  SO the baby was crying, I was crying and DH couldn't figure out what to do with either of us.  There is a learning curve though and you all have to get used to each other.  

when did your baby become fun?  I have found different stages to be fun for different reasons.  I loved that early stage because I was just so in love... I could hold him and love on him ALL day long and that's pretty much what I did. 

what is your baby's favorite toy?  Now?  the vacuum cleaner.  :)  But, when he was little...  gosh, I can't remember that far back!!

what do you have that you would not live without?  Papasan Swing!  Boppy!  Mobi Wrap and then the Ring Sling as he got older.  Mother's Love Nipple Cream.  (joey hated Lansinoh)

• Options

You know most of this, so i will paraphrase... 

what happened your first night home?  was it a nightmare?  It was really tough because we didnt leave the poor kid alone enough to fall asleep, so we ALL stayed awake and he cried most of the night with us trying 8 million different things.  The second night B took over--he made me sleep and got the little guy to fall asleep in the swing which made my perspective a whole lot better and he finally began to settle down a bit.

when did your baby become fun?  This week he has started smiling like crazy and the reflux meds are starting to work so he isn't so fussy--in my book this makes him a much more fun little guy.  Makes me excited see there is a personality in there and can't wait to get to know him...

what is your baby's favorite toy?  He likes his rainforest gym thing that he can stare up at and do tummy time with. 

what do you have that you would not live without?  Without a doubt--the white noise CD and the CD player for his room.  Also, the lanolin oil spray has really helped for BF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"