August 2013 Moms
Options

Tahoe mirror

kaylarehkaylareh member
edited November 2013 in August 2013 Moms
Has anyone been successfull setting up a mirror to see baby in an SUV? I drive a Tahoe and my boy is in the middle back seat and there is no where to attach the mirror, only the middle armrest tucks in there. Am I missing something or ??

Re: Tahoe mirror

• Options
    I'm in the same situation. I really want to use mine, but can't..
  • Options
    I tried one for one of my DD's and it sucked. It never stayed in the right place and every little bump made it shift. Plus it's really hard to see anything even if the angle is right. I've also read that you should not use them for two reasons. First they are another distraction for the driver like texting and second they another object that can harm LO in a crash. It may seem lightweight but even at a 30 mph crash it can cause serious damage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try to angle from one of the side headrests? We had a mirror w the big one and I really liked it and bought another one (a different brand) to use w it for the twins and it sucks. So not all mirrors are created equal.

• Options
    So we have a Subaru Outback, and I recently purchased the Brica Baby in sight mirror from Amazon.  DH installed it in about 5 minutes, and I haven't had any issues with it getting jostled around from driving...may want to check it out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image mother quotes photo: love mother 132.gif

• Options
    I don't have any tips on what to use, but I do know a lot of reviews strongly suggest against them. They are a safety hazard if you were to get in an accident. Just be careful with whatever you get and try to find one that can physically attach to the seat instead of just hang.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I can't get my mirror to stay put it either. I have the Brica mirror
  • Options
    MrsLaurenAshMrsLaurenAsh member
    edited November 2013
    I drive a suburban. I'm a nanny and currently have 4 car seats in the vehicle at all times. I have our mirror (not sure the brand - bought it consignment) attached tightly to the headrest. It doesn't shift at all and works fine. I actually think my husband put a few stitches in it with a needle and nylon camping thread that they use at the firestation to keep it secure in case of an accident. But it wouldn't have moved just from standard car vibrations or anything. I can see LO's face perfectly in the rear view mirror..

ETA: My husband drives a big Dodge Dually truck and uses the same mirror with no issues and has great visibility with it. It's attached tightly directly to the headrest, as well.
    The Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"