July 2013 Moms

UO

C'mon ladies lets have a great UO Thursday!

Bonus: 

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Erinm278 said:

List of things that are not sports:

cheerleading

bowling

pool

These are activities.

I was in cheerleading in middle school and poms in high school and people would literally be in tears about how they were sports and how could people not know they were sports. They are NOT sports. There's a big difference between jumping around in a short skirt singing " A W E, S O M E, awesome awesome TOTALLY!" and the intensity of training someone in basketball/baseball/football/etc goes through. I was obviously not very popular on the squad but I loved to dance so there I was.
    When I think of cheerleading, I only think of competitive cheering, which is definitely a sport.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Do 50 standing back handsprings... then let me know how hard that training is ;)

I agree though... cheerleading is unsportish. I've never been one to argue that point because I just don't care enough. However, it was much harder than some other sports I've played and I got a kick ass body every cheer season.
  • missymr said:
    In honor of the holiday, I think that multiple scheduled trick-or-treating nights are dumb.  You trick-or-treat on Halloween.  Yup, I was one of those houses who didn't turn on their porch light last night.  Come back tonight.
    Say what? There is more than one trick or treating night now?
    In some neighborhoods/towns there are.  My husband grew up in the area where we live and said that it was always that way. 
  • missymr said:
    This may or may not be an UO but I think dressing up your pet is dumb. Halloween pet costumes especially.
    I don't know - I kind of like it.  Before I had E, I bought a costume or two for my cats.  It entertained me.  I had a cat who was more dog in personality than your typical cat and he loved trick-or-treaters.  He definitely deserved his own costume.  As a kid, I used to dress my dog in baby doll clothes...guess I never grew out of that.  LOL.
  • Asbromle said:

My UO. A cheater is a cheater. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

I'm not sure about this. I genuinely hope you're wrong. Otherwise, SO would break my heart again
    :-S

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• By definition a sport is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

That's why I consider cheerleading a sport when it is a competitive squad.  If you're just jumping around at a football game, I consider it a club activity.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Erinm278Erinm278 member
    edited October 2013
    missymr said:
    If car racing and golf are sports, cheerleading is a sport.

I don't consider car racing a sport. 

ETA: I also don't consider shooting a sport.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Ok I'll start...I know this is a sore spot for many people on here and I'm sorry. BUT...I loved high school! I graduated in 1997. Best years of my life up until I met husband. College and grad school paled in comparison to the fun and awesome memories I have of high school.

I could take or leave High School, but I freaking loved college!  Grad school is completely different though. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• valstulas said:

Asbromle said:

My UO. A cheater is a cheater. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

I'm not sure about this. I genuinely hope you're wrong. Otherwise, SO would break my heart again
    :-S
    I hope not! I hope not for my sister, as well. If my SO cheats... he's out the door. We had that convo when we first started dating and I meant it. I've been in a cheating relationship and in my experience my mind doesn't allow me to look past it. Unhealthy, I know. It's just my opinion :)
  • @kdasr hahaha same here!
  • etoille said:

Flame on -

This whole Rand Paul "plagiarism" thing is epically stupid.  And Rachel Maddow should be embarrassed to be giving it air time, let alone the amount of focus she's giving it.  Its like she's trying to make fetch happen.  The man repeated 4 sentences of a movie plot summary found on Wikipedia during a SPEECH in which he talked about a movie.  Speeches don't have footnotes.  I don't like Rand Paul whatsoever but Christ this is a dumb fucking point they are trying to advance.

I love Rachel Maddow like 99% of the time but I had to leave the room last night I was so annoyed.

You know the whole "naming your child a weird name" or "changing the spelling of a name" looks bad for the child later on in life when trying to get a job issue? He is one of those issues. It looks like someone got confused in the hospital and wrote his last name first on the birth certificate. I won't listen to him because of his dumb name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I also loved high school. I have so many great memories. I started dating my husband junior year and I love looking back at pictures at all the stupid/fun stuff we did.

Ok I'll start...I know this is a sore spot for many people on here and I'm sorry. BUT...I loved high school! I graduated in 1997. Best years of my life up until I met husband. College and grad school paled in comparison to the fun and awesome memories I have of high school.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I honestly don't know what I would do in the situation. My husband is the only guy I've ever been wit so if he cheated I would have a hard time throwing it all away. I think it is also situational. If he was having an affair and living an entire second life that's totally different then fucking up one time. Honestly it makes me sick to think about.

I'd stay with DH if he cheated. It has nothing to do with low self esteem on my part, but rather an acceptance of the fact that monogamy is hard for humans. I don't think cheating would mean he loved me any less. And I agree with Dan Savage that there's something to be said for staying together for your kids, as long as staying together isn't making your home a toxic environment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I don't think that anything that had an outcome determined specifically by a judge is a sport. But that doesn't mean it doesn't require great physical feats. And some sports don't require physical fitness at all. I don't know why I have things classified this way, though.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • KikiCohen said:

Erinm278 said:

List of things that are not sports:

cheerleading

bowling

pool

These are activities.

I was in cheerleading in middle school and poms in high school and people would literally be in tears about how they were sports and how could people not know they were sports. They are NOT sports. There's a big difference between jumping around in a short skirt singing " A W E, S O M E, awesome awesome TOTALLY!" and the intensity of training someone in basketball/baseball/football/etc goes through. I was obviously not very popular on the squad but I loved to dance so there I was.

Well it looks like I just need to stay away from this thread today. 

ETA: My squad went through plenty of training.  You can't just walk onto the floor and do stunts.  I was 20 times sorer from cheerleading camp than I ever was from volleyball camp.  

By this logic I guess gymnastics isn't a sport either.  That's a load of crap. 

I think gymnastics is a sport and dance is an art. Cheerleading is a combination of the two.

• Okay I'm ready to be super flamed

I hate chocolate and peanut butter together, I wish I could enjoy it but it grosses me out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• etoille said:

I still refuse to eat at Chik-fil-A.
    I do to, but because it gives me indigestion.

imageimage

• skleigh said:
    Car racing is definitely a sport. I can't imagine how physically demanding and exhausting it is. And racing takes a LOT of skill. It's not just driving a car around a track over and over.
    I know that car racing takes a lot of endurance.  I have been to several nascar races and I know they take a very long time. 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• AiylinAiylin member
    edited October 2013
    Car racing may be a sport, but it gives me crazy vertigo and I think it's stupid to watch.

I wouldn't buy Lululemon yoga gear because I think it's overpriced yoga gear. It's mostly to satisfy the labelwhore in you that most of the woman buy it (IMHO). You can find quality yoga gear of other brands that aren't as ridiculously priced and they serve the same purpose.

UO; I am super excited the Red Sox won the world series. I'm a White Sox fan, but none the less a Sox team won! woohoo! lol.

imageimage

• Erinm278Erinm278 member
    edited October 2013
    skleigh said:
    Car racing is definitely a sport. I can't imagine how physically demanding and exhausting it is. And racing takes a LOT of skill. It's not just driving a car around a track over and over.
    bump burp

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"