Options

UO

13»

Re: UO

• Options
    HollisW12 said:

KFED103 said:

Loolaide said:

I don't get why people think they need to keep their babies inside all winter. A little fresh air won't hurt them. Throw a nice heavy blanket over them and you're good to go.

Just don't let people touch them and don't keep them outside for too long not properly dressed.

I just don't get it.

I agree with this.  Maybe people think cold = illnesses?  We will be going out.
    Me three. I've never once seen a mother pushing a covered up baby in a stroller be attacked by a bunch of strangers. They don't come up to your baby, take off the blanket, pull back the car seat canopy, sneeze, and then pinch your child's cheeks. Lol I have a feeling this is what some people envision :)

Old women do this ALL THE TIME in Korea and never could speak english so you couldn't ask them to stop. Reason number 500,000 why I moved home to have the kid. Talk about overwhelming!

---------
    Lol ok this made me laugh thinking about seeing this. But it's only funny since you won't have to deal with it though. I swear it's not the norm anywhere I've ever been :)

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KateMW said:

I don't get the princess hate. It just sounds so stupid. Girls like princesses. You're not a better parent bc your girl wants to be a pirate or a bird vs a princess.

Seriously. I loved me some princesses as a kid and I've never dreamed of having a man rescue me from anything.

• Options
    KateMW said:
    I don't get the princess hate. It just sounds so stupid. Girls like princesses. You're not a better parent bc your girl wants to be a pirate or a bird vs a princess.
    I don't hate princesses. I just find it refreshing when I see little girls who want to be different things, based on their interests. I give those little girls a silent cheer, but I certainly don't look down on the little girls or their parents who dress as princesses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Also, have we talked about this letter yet? The whole idea of shaming little kids who are overweight disgusts me. I just don't think that is the way to help the obesity epidemic.

Obese Halloween Letter

• Options
    MissyC979 said:
    Also, have we talked about this letter yet? The whole idea of shaming little kids who are overweight disgusts me. I just don't think that is the way to help the obesity epidemic.

Obese Halloween Letter

If someone gave that to my child I would punch them in the face
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    esf60 said:

KateMW said:

Seriously. I loved me some princesses as a kid and I've never dreamed of having a man rescue me from anything.
    I was all about princesses and Disney when I was little. And hey I found myself a prince :D (no really SO was one of the Princes at Disney World when he was in college). I just didn't know him back then. I've seen the pictures it's hilarious!

FWIW... The princesses never made me a brat, cheerleading did for a couple years though. Then I grew out of it. So there's hope even if a girl goes through a brat/entitled phase ;)
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

MissyC979 said:

Obese Halloween Letter

This irritated me when I saw it on the news. Honestly, no child needs to go home and eat a pillow case full of candy, but surely most parents will monitor how much they eat at a time. However, if she really feels that passionately about leading a healthy lifestyle she should pass out shit like boxes of raisins (to EVERYBODY) or just not participate at all. 

Maybe I should save this for FFFC, but my mom is the raisin box lady. She gives out the bigger size, that's how raisin passionate age is.

Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    I never got to do Halloween growing up. My dad was a very strict pastor and Halloween was the debil. I already have Cam's first Halloween costume planned and he will eat all the candy! (Well no, not really. All the candy in moderation.)
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    I loved the crap out of Halloween as a kid, and still do. That said, I haven't been able to do anything for it the past couple of years, and I miss it. I realize DD doesn't quite know what's going on and all, but I feel bad that I can't take her out or anything. I'm hoping next year, things'll be different enough that we get out, but as it is right now, today's just a lazy day at home for us.

Of course, DH doesn't care because his family were in the camp of 'Halloween is the Devil's Holiday blah blah' so he doesn't get the big deal, especially now that he's in bed before kids start Trick or Treating.

...so I guess, tied into this, my UO is I'm freaking jealous of my sister for getting to go out trick or treating tonight. The closest to doing anything Halloween related I did this year was help her to make a pirate costume out of clothing she had at home and a couple of pillow cases.

• Options
    Eggerkr said:
    Halloween sucks everywhere else but Anoka, MN. I grew up in Anoka "The Halloween Capital of the World" and the entire town has festivities the entire month of October. This past weekend I was home and realized how much I miss all the October activities and decorating of the town.:( I now live in the middle of nowhere where they have special trick or treating times and a curfew. Dumb! These poor Iowa kids don't know what a true Halloween is like.
    @Eggerkr - Anoka is like 20 mins from my house! DH grew up in Coon Rapids. We were just there a couple weeks ago while grandparents watched DS so we could go have a lunch date. We ended up at Billy's in Anoka! Really is a cute town. DH just told me how we missed the Halloween parade last weekend. :(

My 2 December boys

• Options
    I never trick or treated as a kid, neither did DH. We both grew up in religious homes...we always went to the church festivals and I never felt cheated or like I missed out. With our kids now they dress up (as non-scary or non-evil things), we take them to the church festival, take them by our friends houses (in our neighborhood) and then it's home. We do hand out candy to other kids and let our kids pig out on candy while we do it. So I guess we partially do Halloween...we just don't totally embrace it. Personally I'd rather skip right over it and move on to Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Loolaide said:

I've held my tongue through most of the ridiculousness of people claiming Halloween celebrations are Satanic.

And yes it's from Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallowmas).

On All Hallows' Eve, Christians traditionally believed that the veil between the material world and the afterlife thinned.[19] In order to prevent recognition by a soul, "people would don masks or costumes to disguise their identities"; in North America, this tradition is perpetuated through the practice of trick or treating.[20]

It's a religious holiday. Therefore, your argument is invalid. IDGAF if you celebrate it or not, but it's not because the holiday is pagan. Unless you don't celebrate any of the other so-called Christian holidays.

I'm not savvy on how Halloween began but in the years since it has become associated with things that are definitely not associated with Christianity. That's why my family never celebrated it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"