Breastfeeding
Options

milk storage bags

Hi Ladies,

I have been cycling through some old freezer milk the past few days, and been disappointed to discover upon defrosting -- holes in the front of 2 bags! My precious pumped milk leaking out of the bags!

Anyone know why this might have happened? I definitely want to avoid it in the future!

Thanks!

Re: milk storage bags

• Options
    I"ve heard it happens if you over fill the bags.  Anything near the bags in freezer that could poke holes?
  • Options
    I had this happen with a couple of the lansinoh bags, but most of them were fine.  I have no idea why it happens!  Maybe something in the freezer pokes them?  I started putting them in a large coffee cup in the fridge to defrost so that if they leak, it goes into the cup. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hmmm ... a great mystery! I have them sorted by date in plastic grocery bags in the freezer, and then when it's getting closer to their time, I move them into a milk organizer thing. Are the other bags poking enough to cause holes?

I only fill bags to 4 oz. Surely that is low enough?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"