September 2013 Moms
Options

Spit up

I made a sad realization. I EP and supplement with formula. LO rarely spits up when given a bottle that is usually half BM, half formula.

This morning I had a pretty good pump, so I could give him a full bottle of BM. But now he is spitting it up! Is there something wrong with my milk?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Spit up

• Options
    Nothing wrong per se. You could have eaten something lo is sensitive to, like spicy food. Or, you could be over feeding bm. Babies need less bm in oz than they do formula.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • Options
    There are a ton of reasons for spit up and a lot of them have nothing to do with whether it is formula or breast milk. Just watch and see if you find a pattern that satisfy suggests it is the breast milk. It could have just been a fluke too and might not have anything to do with anything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kid is like a freaking volcano erupting. She spits up a lot. However, there are feedings that she doesn't spit up.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I EBF and my LO gained 10 oz when between weeks 2 and 3 despite what I thought was quite a bit of spit up.
    TTC since October 22, 2012
    BFP January 11, 2013
    Kellan James Patrick was born September 28, 2013
  • Options
    I ebf and dd spits up multiple times after every feeding. She gained 3 lbs I the first month so she gets plenty. I'm eliminating dairy to see if that helps. On day 3. I hear it can take 2-3 weeks to leave my system so I'm giving it time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"