September 2013 Moms
Options

Won't go to sleep without a boob in his mouth

edited October 2013 in September 2013 Moms
Has anyone been through this? I'm losing my mind over here! He refuses a paci now and won't settle down to sleep unless my boob is in his mouth. When he does finally fall asleep I can't move him to his swing or bed because he wakes right up and screams until I give him a boob. I thought it might be a growth spurt (he's 4 weeks today) but he's not really eating, just mouthing it. My baby is attached to me all freaking day and I can't get anything done or play much with my 2 year old. Ideas? Suggestions?

(Edited for spelling)
**Baby #3 is on the way!**
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Won't go to sleep without a boob in his mouth

• Options
    Mine usually won't go to sleep without nursing most of the time either. He is two months now and he is much better about going to sleep without having to be attached. He still needs it at night, but during the day he can be soothed other ways. I feel your pain though! DS has never taken a pacifier either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • Options
    At night in order to have even the smallest chance in hell of my little girl sleeping in her bassinet for more than 15 minutes I have to give her the breast for at least 30 minutes because only then will she eat herself into a milk drunk coma so I can unlatch her and lay her down without her waking up immediately. Anything less than 30 minutes (or 3 oz if my husband is giving her a bottle) and she wakes right up whn you try to put her down. During the day she'll fall into a deep sleep just being on my chest or on the Boppy. She's 3 weeks,1 day old.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started giving a passifier because this was my LO too.

• Options
    I could've written this post myself minus a 2 year old. (God bless you!) she needs to comfort nurse before going to sleep and after being attached at the breast throughout the day it makes me crazy town. I try wearing her and giving a paci, walking, rocking, nothing works but the boob. I hope she grows out of it!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Is your LO swaddled while you're feeding him? I find that if I feed on one side, then swaddle and feed on the other side, he's much easier to put to sleep without the comfort sucking. Or, maybe try a different kind of paci?
  • Options
    My LO comfort nurses allll the time and won't fall asleep without.. I've been having a hard time moving her also and refuses a paci.. I don't have any advice but you're not alone.
  • Options
    Needs paci... Both of my kids refused them at first but I kept with it and they both ended up taking it eventually. A total lifesaver.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Same boat here but mostly at night now only. I keep trying the paci every day in hopes...

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• Options

DD was the same way. While I was able to get her to nap in her bouncer at times, there was no soothing at all other than the boob.   At almost 11 weeks she is much, much better....I actually was able to stop the start of a worked up crying fit last night with a rattle!    I must have gone through at least 7 different types of pacifiers before finding one she'd take, and it was still only for a few minutes at a time and she had to be moving somehow to get the sucking started (bounced, rocked, in the moving car, etc).  Even now she won't take one during something like a diaper change, I've got to swaddle and starting rocking her before she'll accept it.  Avent and MaM classic shape are all she'll take.

Can you wear him while playing with your 2yr old? 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"