July 2013 Moms
Options

*FFFC*

124»

Re: *FFFC*

• Options
    @etoille, there is no SDT at USC, I was an AXO.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    TheLittleRedMTheLittleRedM member
    edited October 2013
    SASSY1JA said:
    I ran out of almond milk the other day when making a side dish, so I used part of my milk for it.  If it's good enough for DD why not me? Confessed to my DH yesterday and he was disgusted and said I better not ever do that to something we are both eating.  I now want to do this to him.
    After I told DH that I missed him messing with my boobs during sex, he admitted that he was afraid I wouldn't like it because (and I quote) "Noah is attached to your boobs all day. I just thought it would be old and not feel good anymore." After telling him it's a totally different thing, we DTD and he told me that he can totally see how LO enjoys it so much because it's sweet, which is not what he expected. No qualms about it after that Lol

Let's see, my FFFC...

1. DH and I went to a dinner party and another couple there had a little girl about a week or two older than Noah and I was having a dance party on the inside because Noah was WAY cuter. I always compare my baby's looks to every other baby we meet because I was secretly worried during pregnancy that he would come out looking weird like most newborns IMO.

2. DH's dog is probably the most affectionate and sweetest dog I've ever met. She's so affectionate she drives me flucking crazy. She always wants to give kisses and to have you pet her at all times and hold her. I love her, but I also can't stand her. I like affection that's less hands on. More of a "let's just be together but not have to acknowledge each other's presence except for some petting here or there." Her vice is that she barks at everything. If she's in the yard, she barks all the time if someone is within sight. She'd never do anything but she's so loud. DH thinks she's perfect but I just want to whack her when she licks me. My corgi loves to receive attention and will give it in the form of cuddles but she does it on her own time and not all the time. She's my obvious favorite....but I get jealous that she shows more affection with kisses towards DH than she does me. I'm a mess. I need cats.

3. I need mommy friends :/ I'm the first one of all my real friends to have a baby so pretty much no one talks to me anymore because either they think I don't have time to talk or they don't want to listen to me gush about Noah. Understandable, but I try to refrain from gushing unless someone seems like they actually want to hear about how he's doing. EDIT: They also think that we have nothing to say to help each other anymore because we are in different stages of our lives. Because apparently when you're a mommy, you only have kid problems. -.- It doesn't help that my one bestie (she's my soulmate) lives on the opposite side of the country from me. She lives north of Seattle, I live slightly south of Savannah. 

4. I hate how stressful it is for my husband right now as he's going through his classes to prepare him for getting out of the Army next summer. The stress makes him snappy and then all he thinks he can do to relax is play his games. Helping with Noah consists of just holding him while he continues to play his games. And he has no idea why I have been getting more and more irritated with him. I think we need a "come to Jesus" talk...
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @2012ames, yes we can. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

SASSY1JA said:

I ran out of almond milk the other day when making a side dish, so I used part of my milk for it.  If it's good enough for DD why not me? Confessed to my DH yesterday and he was disgusted and said I better not ever do that to something we are both eating.  I now want to do this to him.

After I told DH that I missed him messing with my boobs during sex, he admitted that he was afraid I wouldn't like it because (and I quote) "Noah is attached to your boobs all day. I just thought it would be old and not feel good anymore." After telling him it's a totally different thing, we DTD and he told me that he can totally see how LO enjoys it so much because it's sweet, which is not what he expected. No qualms about it after that Lol

Let's see, my FFFC...

1. DH and I went to a dinner party and another couple there had a little girl about a week or two older than Noah and I was having a dance party on the inside because Noah was WAY cuter. I always compare my baby's looks to every other baby we meet because I was secretly worried during pregnancy that he would come out looking weird like most newborns IMO.

2. DH's dog is probably the most affectionate and sweetest dog I've ever met. She's so affectionate she drives me flucking crazy. She always wants to give kisses and to have you pet her at all times and hold her. I love her, but I also can't stand her. I like affection that's less hands on. More of a "let's just be together but not have to acknowledge each other's presence except for some petting here or there." Her vice is that she barks at everything. If she's in the yard, she barks all the time if someone is within sight. She'd never do anything but she's so loud. DH thinks she's perfect but I just want to whack her when she licks me. My corgi loves to receive attention and will give it in the form of cuddles but she does it on her own time and not all the time. She's my obvious favorite....but I get jealous that she shows more affection with kisses towards DH than she does me. I'm a mess. I need cats.

3. I need mommy friends :/ I'm the first one of all my real friends to have a baby so pretty much no one talks to me anymore because either they think I don't have time to talk or they don't want to listen to me gush about Noah. Understandable, but I try to refrain from gushing unless someone seems like they actually want to hear about how he's doing. EDIT: They also think that we have nothing to say to help each other anymore because we are in different stages of our lives. Because apparently when you're a mommy, you only have kid problems. -.- It doesn't help that my one bestie (she's my soulmate) lives on the opposite side of the country from me. She lives north of Seattle, I live slightly south of Savannah. 

4. I hate how stressful it is for my husband right now as he's going through his classes to prepare him for getting out of the Army next summer. The stress makes him snappy and then all he thinks he can do to relax is play his games. Helping with Noah consists of just holding him while he continues to play his games. And he has no idea why I have been getting more and more irritated with him. I think we need a "come to Jesus"
    talk...

Two things...
    1) by sweet do you mean he tried some of your milk?
    2) my h use to do the gaming while under pressure and only hold the baby while gaming. I finally had enough and his his power cord and told him thy he's cut off of gaming and sex. I also told him how his gaming made me feel and what I was wanting. It's helped a ton. Just a suggestion...

• Options

My FFFC:

I bought a 2 lb bag of Halloween candy earlier this week, the teeny Kit Kat's and Reese's. It's probably under a pound now... I've made a pretty big dent in it.

I regret nothing. :-\"

I bought a thing of Lindt trouffelss, six individually wrapped chocolates with caramel inside and a bag of candy corn. Over half of the corn and Lindts are gone and only 3 of the chocolates remian..... That's in one day.
    Also, DH doesn't know I bought them. I'm hoping DD does not go and show him my stash.
  • Options
    Bkuhman said:

SASSY1JA said:

Let's see, my FFFC...

4. I hate how stressful it is for my husband right now as he's going through his classes to prepare him for getting out of the Army next summer. The stress makes him snappy and then all he thinks he can do to relax is play his games. Helping with Noah consists of just holding him while he continues to play his games. And he has no idea why I have been getting more and more irritated with him. I think we need a "come to Jesus"
    talk...
    Two things...
    1) by sweet do you mean he tried some of your milk?
    2) my h use to do the gaming while under pressure and only hold the baby while gaming. I finally had enough and his his power cord and told him thy he's cut off of gaming and sex. I also told him how his gaming made me feel and what I was wanting. It's helped a ton. Just a suggestion...

1. Not intentionally. I usually wear a bra when we DTD because I leak like crazy. I thought he was just going to fondle the girls but I think since they hadn't started leaking yet he didn't think t the fact that stimulation gets the milk flowing lol

2. Oh, I feel like we talk about it all the time. Nothing seems to change for long. Like, he will stop playing for a couple days and then goes right back to doing the same thing and uses those days as his reason for needing to play all afternoon and night.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mermomo5 said:

Sunday is my mother's birthday and I'm considering not calling her.  She told me she would visit in September and didn't, told me she would visit in October and didn't and hasn't called me in over  month to see how LO is doing.  She also didn't send me and DH an anniversary card a couple of weeks ago and didn't get me a birthday gift this year (pregnant me cried about that for about 4 months).  I'm 30 and don't need gifts but my parents show their love through buying things so when the don't even get me a card, phone call, or a visit and my sister is living in a house they bought and driving a car they bought its hard not to feel unloved

I'll probably still call her but I will stress about it all day and probably cry about it for 2 ours after

That's horrible I'm so sorry! So your sister in essence is a kept woman on your parents dime? Well be proud your independent ! We have a rule in my house if we can do for one we can do for all, no one over the other.. I'm probably going to go broke with five college educations but so be it, well one wants to be a statue so maybe four :) I'm sorry for all they put you through!

Thanks - yeah my sister has it worse than me.  I've never had to ask my parents for money or need anything from them and I am grateful for that.  I just hate that they don't seem the least bit interested in me or LO and that pisses me off because I know at some point LO will realize it.. oh well

And your kid wanting to be a statue is adorable!  And will totally save you on college so bonus!!

• Options
    Thank you so much, @spartanmomma. It's comforting to know others have been through what I'm feeling. That's why I frequent the preemie board. Why was your DS early, if you don't mind sharing, and how was your second pregnancy? I really want to give it another try so I can have a full term pregnancy!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    emandia said:

I love the new Mylie Cyrus song so much I actually thought about buying the CD.

I DID buy it haha ;)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    etoille said:

Liz4444 said:

@etoille, there is no SDT at USC, I was an AXO.

orly?
    Seriously! I'm plowed... DH is waking up with mo tonight!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

I'm terrified of surgery. I was terrified I having a C too, so much to the point where I didn't do any research on it because I was convinced it wasn't going to happen to me. As we all know, birth plans don't go the way we want sometimes. I think it's being cut into and being able to feel it that gives me the creeps.

My problem is that I've seen a dietitian, exercised religiously, watched my calories, ate the right things... And six months later, I still haven't lost weight. And since it's just us girlzzz here, I'll be honest. I'm 5'9 and weigh 325. Yes, you read that right. It's disgusting and embarrassing, and nothing I do works.

I have an appointment with a new GP next month. The one DH and I have been seeing... Pretty much is one of those that you tell him what's wrong, and he prescribes you whatever. I need a long term fix, not a temporary patch. After getting the results of some blood work for the wellness program at work, my triglycerides are stupid high, and my glucose is borderline diabetic.

I do want to have two more kids, but I'm afraid without doing something with my weight, it won't be good for me or the babies. And as it stood, I had to see an RE to get pregnant. So there's kind of a double edged sword, so do I do it so it will be better on my health and possibly easier to get pregnant in the long run, or do I not do it and attempt to have another baby in a few years and do it then?

Knowing my family, they will think that I'm doing it because I'm lazy and don't want to put forth the effort to lose weight. This is because everyone on my side of the family is bigger. My little sister is constantly jumping from fad diet to fad diet, and gets nowhere. My mom has just accepted it. My dad does South Beach, loses, then gains over again. I'm just worried that if I go that route, they'll give me so much crap about it. I'm worried that I won't be able to have another baby due to the nutritional complications. I feel awful for feeling so vain about it, yet I feel awful for not giving it a chance because I'm worried about any kind of surgery. DH says he loves me the way I am, but my irrational anxiety and inner fears knows that he deserves more.

TL;DR: I have issues.

Im so sorry your family sees surgery that way. Weight loss surgery is in no way easy. My mom had gastric bypass 4 years ago and it is a HUGE commitment. I hope that you are able to find the support you need for whatever decision you make regarding surgery.

• Options
    EagleWife said:

I'm sure a lot of you feel this way but apparently none of my friends or family do so I'm confessing it here. I hated being pregnant. I hated every minute. I was sick of being sick, my body being all funhouse mirror, being poked and prided twice a week. I love my bean more than life itself but I am seriously debating if I want to do it again. Everyone else I know "loved being pregnant". Are they all lying or am I the only one who doesn't shit rainbows that smell like cinnamon?

@abalhawk2009 I had a medium to tough pregnancy in that my hips and pelvis were pretty much in constant pain after 16 weeks and I had a very difficult time even walking. I didn't get morning sickness (Thank God) and I used to feel guilty about that, but then by the time May came around and I couldn't walk across the house without holding onto furniture and walls, I gave up on that. However, I can assure you that there were no rainbows or cinnamon.

Segue into my FFFC:

Even with all the discomfort, I still was so. damn. happy. to be having our baby that I loved it. I loved being pregnant and feeling the little wiggler in there and wondering what she would look like and be like. It was a freaking amazing miracle of biology and nature and it blew my mind that it was happening to my body. After 32 years of babies all around me and everyone ELSE being pregnant, it was finally "my turn." I still can't wipe the sappy grin off of my face when I think about it. I look at my LO daily and tell her that I can't believe she's really here. And sometimes I just can believe it. She's here and she's ours and I don't have to give her back to anyone. :D 

And holy shit, how has it been almost four months already?

@eaglewife that was quite possibly the sweetest thing I've ever read. I get so caught up in the chaos of having a newborn but your post just made me stop and look down at M and think about when she wasn't here as opposed to now. She has completely changed my life for the better. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Rmnam1, I always put flex first at work and if they flex me I act really upset and tell my husband my name was next on the list to be flexed lol
  • Options
    emmanemm said:
    I'm sure a lot of you feel this way but apparently none of my friends or family do so I'm confessing it here. I hated being pregnant. I hated every minute. I was sick of being sick, my body being all funhouse mirror, being poked and prided twice a week. I love my bean more than life itself but I am seriously debating if I want to do it again. Everyone else I know "loved being pregnant". Are they all lying or am I the only one who doesn't shit rainbows that smell like cinnamon?
    @abalhawk2009 I had a medium to tough pregnancy in that my hips and pelvis were pretty much in constant pain after 16 weeks and I had a very difficult time even walking. I didn't get morning sickness (Thank God) and I used to feel guilty about that, but then by the time May came around and I couldn't walk across the house without holding onto furniture and walls, I gave up on that. However, I can assure you that there were no rainbows or cinnamon.

Segue into my FFFC:

Even with all the discomfort, I still was so. damn. happy. to be having our baby that I loved it. I loved being pregnant and feeling the little wiggler in there and wondering what she would look like and be like. It was a freaking amazing miracle of biology and nature and it blew my mind that it was happening to my body. After 32 years of babies all around me and everyone ELSE being pregnant, it was finally "my turn." I still can't wipe the sappy grin off of my face when I think about it. I look at my LO daily and tell her that I can't believe she's really here. And sometimes I just can't believe it. She's here and she's ours and I don't have to give her back to anyone. :D 

And holy shit, how has it been almost four months already?
    @eaglewife that was quite possibly the sweetest thing I've ever read. I get so caught up in the chaos of having a newborn but your post just made me stop and look down at M and think about when she wasn't here as opposed to now. She has completely changed my life for the better. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Aww, thanks @emmanemm :) Every baby is such an amazing miracle and I don't think I ever really grasped the intensity of that miracle before having my own baby. I love taking care of her and seeing how happy she is to see me and DH. It doesn't take much to light her up and make her smile. It makes me melt. Aren't babies just the best? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"