Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Car Seat Help

DD is 6 weeks old and she cries nearly every time we are in the car. I thought she just didn't like being in the car seat. Turns out, she just doesn't like HER car seat. We took an hour long trip in which she used a different car seat and she didn't cry at all. She didn't even cry when we got stuck in rush hour traffic for a couple hours or when she was sleeping in it when the car wasn't moving. She was having a blast. I would be able to buy her this different car seat in the beginning of December. However, it is a Graco Snugride 35 so I'll just be buying another infant car seat. It also won't fit into her stroller...which may not even be that big of a deal since she usually ends up being carried when we go somewhere.

I don't know if I should spend $170 on a new car seat or not...but she was just so much happier in it. 
What would you ladies do? Buy a new infant car seat or wait it out until she grows out the one she has now?
imageimageimage

Re: Car Seat Help

• Options
    Also, her current car seat was my choice, but it was a gift from her Papa. I would feel a little guilty buying a new one. But at the same time my baby girl isn't happy in her current car seat.

I have too many feelings. haha
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Why not try a convertible instead of another infant seat? DD1 HATED the car. Screamed every time she was in it. When we switched to the convertible it was like she became a different child. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alexis hated her car seat until she grew into it. She was/is a peanut and around a month she started liking it. What car seat do you have now?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I have the graco snugride 30.
    I am going to adjust the straps and see if she is happier that way. I also have the seat reclined as far as possible now. Thanks!
    imageimageimage

• Options

I have the graco snugride 30.

I am going to adjust the straps and see if she is happier that way. I also have the seat reclined as far as possible now. Thanks!
    An fyi- the straps should only be adjusted to a higer setting once their shoulders are above the next one. This is unlikely since your lo is only 6 weeks (my ds is very tall and is still on the lowest setting). Do you have the infant insert in? You could try taking that out. I agree with pp about seeing if it can recline more and still be level.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    Her shoulders are above the next one. She is 23 inches. 
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I have the chicco keyfit 30 and I have twins.  They absolutely HATE the carseat and the car.  Cry as soon as I put them in it.  I was about to go to Babies r us and exchange them.  But they're going to be 3 months old next week.  I was looking into the maxi cost mico.  The only thing is it only holds up to 22 lbs.  My boys were 12lbs each 3 weeks ago at their dr's appt.  I don't know if it's worth it either to buy two new ones.  Also the stroller I have is not birth rated so I cannot even use the regular stroller seats until they're six months old. other wise I would have bought the convertible seat and used the stroller. 
  • Options
    The snugride 30 and 35 are essentially the same seat with different weight limits.  Are the fabrics on the covers the same?  If not you could call graco and see if you could get another cover for the seat you already have that has a similar fabric to the one you tried out.  Or just get a convertible seat and ditch the infant carrier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"