TTC after 35
Options

intro (loss mentioned)

Hello, I am 41and married in February. MyDH had a vasectomy reversal almost a year ago. We got pregnant in February and lost her in June. So back to trying.
I had looked at IUI before his reversal and the Dr had me taking DHEA to protect my eggs. So I started taking it again, but dont have that Dr anymore. Anyone here have experience with DHEA? I saw a post elsewhere where it was mentioned she stopped taking it as soon as she got a BFP....
Also thinking about exploring Clomid. I just moved and don't have an MD here yet. Any suggestions/ advice?
Thanks in advance for any feedback. :-)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: intro (loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome- I am so sorry for your loss.  What testing have you had done?

I would find the best RE in your area.  Get any testing you may lack and talk to them about your history.  At 41 Clomid may not be your best option, so talk to the RE about your age, diagnosis etc...

DHEA isn't for everyone and my RE did not recommend it for me ( although I don't know why specifically) He did recommend Coq10.  Sorry don't have much info about DHEA.

Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Welcome and so sorry for the loss of your daughter.
    At your age I would suggest going right to a RE. They will run tests and point you in the correct path to conceiving again.
    I don't know anything about DHEA so I can't comment on that but when you find a RE that is something to ask.
    Good luck

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on DHEA for 3 months. My RE said it takes about that long to start working. They also had me on CoQ10 and aspirin. I also did Clomid. I had to stop the DHEA as soon as I got BFP. My Dr had to monitor my labs prior to starting DHEA and then again after being on it for 2 weeks. Don't take it without being monitored. Make sure you do find a good RE. Good luck
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for that :-) I'll start looking now. ...
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"