Preemies

20-month old Hellion!

It's been a while since I've written an update on Adalyn.  There are so many new mommies on the board, I figured that it might be a good idea to do a quick re-intro and let you guys know how Miss Adalyn is doing.

Adalyn was born at 26w2days at 1 pound 12 ounces and 12 inches long.  I had been on hospital bedrest for 24 days before she came via emergency c-section.  I had pPROM, that they estimate around 21 -22 weeks.  It was most likely a tear since I never had a gush or anything.  She came home on oxygen, pulse ox, and an apnea monitor.  We slowly weaned off the oxygen--first she needed it all the time, then only during sleep and feedings, then only during feedings and overnight, and then just feedings.  We were finally able to stop that about 5.5 months after she was born.  She continued to have to use the apnea monitor only overnight, however, until she was about 8 months old.  It will actually be 1 year on Oct. 23 that I was finally able to have my "wi-fi" baby. 

Adalyn is now 20 months old and is just a little hellion!  She has closed the gap on her gross-motor skills and is very close at closing the gap on her fine-motor skills.  She knows that shoes and socks go on her feet, and she tries like hell to put on her shoes (but can't).  She climbs up the stairs at the playground and goes down the slide by herself.  This week she learned to climb up the slide by herself!  She runs and climbs up on things whenever she gets a chance. 

The part of her development that is still pretty behind is her speech.  She's getting 1 day a week with EI, but she is also getting 2 days a week of Speech.  We started Speech about a month ago and we have seen a big improvement.  She still doesn't have many words yet, but she says "Look at that!" or "Look!" when pointing at things (birds, helicopters, paintings, dogs).  She will also say "Was dis?" (What's this?) when she touches or holds something new.  She says "kitty" for cat and knows that the dog goes "ruff ruff".  She knows what a ball is, but doesn't say the word, and she can identify a pig.

We have entered the tantrum phase, and if she doesn't get what she wants, she does this little pouty lip and cry/whine.  It's just too adorable!

She loves Mickey Mouse and Little Einstiens.  She dances along and does the clapping/etc for the shows.  She loves going to the park and also playing with the dogs.  She loves it when we read books, and she is a great cuddler.  She takes my breath away whenever she does a new skill or task.  I am in constant awe that this little fighter doesn't quite understand the word "no".  :)

Here's a pic from our trip this past September to Rome.  I was worried with how she was going to do, and she did really well!
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: 20-month old Hellion!

• What an adorable little girl she is! I was bald, like completely until I was almost 2! My mother put ribbons around my head all the time to make sure everyone knew I was a girl! Now I have thick long hair.
    Keep being a little hellion little girl! That's what little girls do! ...coming from a mom who just had a little girl. ;-)
  • Your update is inspirational to me! It sounds like Adalyn is doing so well. Have fun with your little hellion!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww great story! I just gave birth to a 27 weeker after having PProm at 24 weeks! I know I have to be strong and your story is truly inspiring! He is doing great so far, a little fighter and stories like yours give lots of strength! Thank you for sharing!
  • Great update! Glad to hear you guys had a good trip. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • She's beautiful, and awesome update!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks ladies!! :)
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"