Parenting
Options

"What's your Excuse" Poster- Discuss.

Re: "What's your Excuse" Poster- Discuss.

• Options
    I say we have an @cinemagoddess @jack19 who can drink the most a1 without puking virtual contest.
    Remember the first season of Top Chef?

Remember the Junk Food challenge?

I would totally win that.  

Can I substitute my DH in the A1 drink off?  Dude can drink a pint of beer in about 2 seconds.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    kiraliz2 said:
    LaCally4 said:
    Sex burns calories.
    I don't think our sessions during the week last long enough for any substantial calorie burning. I think a blowjob will burn 100 calories in 30 minutes but my jaw can't handle that long.
    What the hell kind of blow jobs are you giving?!
    ?? I just read that somewhere. 

I don't think I've ever given a BJ that lasted more than 10 minutes so I wouldn't count on sexual acts for substantial calorie burning.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mmmmmmm dark chocolate covered, cheesecake-stuffed strawberries sound amazing.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    jorkz821 said:
    Mmmmmmm dark chocolate covered, cheesecake-stuffed strawberries sound amazing.
    I could probably eat a whole tray of that.
    -------------------------------------
  • Options
    What I don't understand is those of you saying you don't have time to workout because you only have an hour or so after work with your kid until they go to bed.  Well if your kid goes to bed at 7/7:30, that's like 3 hours that you have to exercise before you have to go to bed.  I would kill to have my kids go to bed that early.  They usually aren't asleep until 9pm and then I put in my workout DVD.  Sometimes I don't finish working out until 10:30pm, which sucks, but I do it because I'm not going to make excuses.  If you really want to be healthy and exercise, you'll make it happen,  While, I don't really agree with the line in her photo, because I think it comes off as bitchy, I do think she is right.

Sad that I'm the only love tit you got. It's even sadder that so few people make healthy eating and exercise a lifestyle choice considering 70% of Americans are overweight and/or obese. You can fill your kids plate with healthy foods all you like but your kids learn by the example you set. If you don't show kids the importance of healthy eating and regular exercise by modeling it the next generation is going to head down the same path. But you know pointing out the importance of that just means you're a self righteous asshole. :|
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You know what is really good with chocolate? 

Pretzels.
    so is popcorn.  chocolate covered popcorn is food of the gods
  • Options
    nixieknox3nixieknox3 member
    edited October 2013
    I'm really sad you guys aren't letting your tastebuds enjoy the delight of A1 covered steak.  
    seriously!  why do i always get stuck in the fucking text box?!  steak is best when drenched in worchestershire sauce.  A1 is pretty good, but for  dipping your steak into.
  • Options
    KC_13 said:

What I don't understand is those of you saying you don't have time to workout because you only have an hour or so after work with your kid until they go to bed.  Well if your kid goes to bed at 7/7:30, that's like 3 hours that you have to exercise before you have to go to bed.  I would kill to have my kids go to bed that early.  They usually aren't asleep until 9pm and then I put in my workout DVD.  Sometimes I don't finish working out until 10:30pm, which sucks, but I do it because I'm not going to make excuses.  If you really want to be healthy and exercise, you'll make it happen,  While, I don't really agree with the line in her photo, because I think it comes off as bitchy, I do think she is right.

Sad that I'm the only love tit you got. It's even sadder that so few people make healthy eating and exercise a lifestyle choice considering 70% of Americans are overweight and/or obese. You can fill your kids plate with healthy foods all you like but your kids learn by the example you set. If you don't show kids the importance of healthy eating and regular exercise by modeling it the next generation is going to head down the same path. But you know pointing out the importance of that just means you're a self righteous asshole. :|

I do agree with one part of your statement.

And do people really not get that using the word "excuses" to talk about someone's lifestyle is really obnoxious?

image image
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Zoeylucy said:
    A1 is delicious by itself.  
    My dad puts that shit on baked potatoes. Eeewwww. Andplusalso, aren't raisins an ingredient in A1?
    WHHHAAATT? Oh no you didn't!
  • Options
    Fucking "raisin paste"!
  • Options
    MonkeybabeMonkeybabe member
    edited October 2013
    SandyClam said:
    Zoeylucy said:
    A1 is delicious by itself.  
    My dad puts that shit on baked potatoes. Eeewwww. Andplusalso, aren't raisins an ingredient in A1?
    WHHHAAATT? Oh no you didn't!
    A.1. sauce includes tomatoes, raisin paste, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, salt, crushed orange puree, dried garlic and onions, herbs and spices, caramel color, and xanthan gum.

lol raisins
  • Options
    LauraT25 said:
    Oh good the lectures are back. I love talking about food, but I love debating over whether someone is being douchey more. People have REASONS not to make excercise their number one priority (which blog chick, kc, and moosh may disagree are valid, but I don't put much stock in twatwaffley opinions). Calling those reasons 'excuses' is a backhanded way to call people lazy fatasses for having different priorities. Furthermore, even when most people DO put a ton of effort into being healthy, that doesn't mean their goal should be to look like the blog girl. In fact, I would respect her a hell of a lot more if she had used a picture of herself working out instead of just looking cute in spandex. No one here is saying that it isn't okay to eat healthy and/or exercise. No one is saying it is a bad goal. What people ARE saying is that it is dickish to impose your ideal onto others and judge them for not conforming. OK, I am going to go back to 'liking' the anti-raisin/cream cheese/A1 posts now.

I admit her delivery could have been better and it should have focused on getting healthy, not just getting a six pack though I think a mom lifting weights at the gym fully clothed would have gathered about five likes from people on her friends list. It is bringing light to a huge issue (no pun intended) in this country. I'm not saying that exercise is my number one priority or should be anyone's and I'm not saying the goal of fitness and healthy eating is to be the cookie cutter image of her (I'm sure as hell not). Moms not making time for health and physical fitness is not like choosing whether to bf or ff--their choices not only impact their own life but their child's life and society as a whole as well. People shouldn't try to sweep the issue under the rug.
  • Options
    Know what's more of a motivator to exercise than this woman's abs? My dad having triple bypass surgery in April. That will motivate me more than this will.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    KC_13 said:
    LauraT25 said:
    Oh good the lectures are back. I love talking about food, but I love debating over whether someone is being douchey more. People have REASONS not to make excercise their number one priority (which blog chick, kc, and moosh may disagree are valid, but I don't put much stock in twatwaffley opinions). Calling those reasons 'excuses' is a backhanded way to call people lazy fatasses for having different priorities. Furthermore, even when most people DO put a ton of effort into being healthy, that doesn't mean their goal should be to look like the blog girl. In fact, I would respect her a hell of a lot more if she had used a picture of herself working out instead of just looking cute in spandex. No one here is saying that it isn't okay to eat healthy and/or exercise. No one is saying it is a bad goal. What people ARE saying is that it is dickish to impose your ideal onto others and judge them for not conforming. OK, I am going to go back to 'liking' the anti-raisin/cream cheese/A1 posts now.

I admit her delivery could have been better and it should have focused on getting healthy, not just getting a six pack though I think a mom lifting weights at the gym fully clothed would have gathered about five likes from people on her friends list. It is bringing light to a huge issue (no pun intended) in this country. I'm not saying that exercise is my number one priority or should be anyone's and I'm not saying the goal of fitness and healthy eating is to be the cookie cutter image of her (I'm sure as hell not). Moms not making time for health and physical fitness is not like choosing whether to bf or ff--their choices not only impact their own life but their child's life and society as a whole as well. People shouldn't try to sweep the issue under the rug.
    You realize she has a mass of followers and did prior to this, right? 

And I get way more than 5 likes on my weight lifting pics, fuck you very much.

Perhaps. I don't think a picture of her fully clothed at the gym lifting would be circling the Internet right now and we wouldn't be talking about it. That's a fact.
  • Options
    So basically she's getting all the attention because she's mostly naked?

FANTASTIC.

Only mostly naked women are worthy of internet attention.  That's not misogynistic AT ALL.

I never said who was worthy/not worthy of receiving attention. You're more than welcome to go to the gym, take a picture of yourself working out with a slogan above it, post it on facebook and see if it makes national news.
  • Options
    Cream cheese is the devil's cheese.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

Cream cheese is the devil's cheese.  

I'm really sad because in the short, short time I've been here, you've been one of my favorites. I like and agree with most everything you say. But this just breaks my heart. Cream cheese is wonderful.
  • Options
    Ursulala said:
    Carrot cake with lots of raisins & cream cheese frosting is one of the most delicious things ever. So is cheesecake.

White chocolate is the American cheese of confections.  Maybe it shouldn't really be called chocolate, and maybe it isn't so tasty on its own, but it shines in the right setting, like brownies, cookie, and mochas.
    It's also an excellent vehicle for certain ganaches.
  • Options
    Carrot cake should not be considered cake because well...carrots.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    So basically she's getting all the attention because she's mostly naked?

FANTASTIC.

Only mostly naked women are worthy of internet attention.  That's not misogynistic AT ALL.

I never said who was worthy/not worthy of receiving attention. You're more than welcome to go to the gym, take a picture of yourself working out with a slogan above it, post it on facebook and see if it makes national news.
    Making national news doesn't mean she's making a difference or starting positive discussions about fitness/diet/obesity that will motivate people to make changes. Instead she's made people angry and she's come across as very judgmental. This image doesn't make me want to work out and get fit. This makes me roll my eyes at her. Talking about "excuses" doesn't make me work out at night. Offending people and implying (or straight up saying) that they're making excuses and setting bad examples for their children and screwing their children for life because they'll imitate their mommy's bad habits isn't starting a productive conversation about obesity and health and fitness.

Maybe that doesn't motivate you and i can certainly see why some people would be put off. The truth of the matter is she has nearly 200k people following her so obviously the "no excuses" message does motivate some. If she offended a million people but motivated 1% of her followers to take a look at themselves and make some positive changes, then its worth it.
    I see so many people trashing her approach. What do you think is a better way to bring to light how few moms are fit? What do you think will motivate moms who have poor eating habits and little to no exercise in their life to make positive changes?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hawkward said:
    I had really long response typed up, but then I realized my story won't change KC's mind. It can be summed up in this: my "excuse" may keep me from ever having six-pack abs, but it doesn't stop me from demonstrating a healthy lifestyle to DS.

That, and golden raisins soaked in rum are the only acceptable raisins in raisin oatmeal cookies.
    Sorry to keep bumping this post but I really like this reply. I would rather my daughter see me run a marathon and be proud of that rather than six-pack abs.

If you think I'm talking about six pack abs here you should probably reread what I've written.
  • Options
    Remember when everyone forgot what a douche KC was for a few months?

Lolz.

I think I got overlooked for a while because there are a few bigger douches on the sahm board. :P
  • Options

Carrot cake should not be considered cake because well...carrots.

I'm done with you, CG. DONE.
    ::flips hair & stomps off::
    DS1 November 2009
    DS2 August 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"