1st Trimester
Options

Negative home and blood tests, but...

I have pretty much every pregnancy symptom in the book. It started August 27th with nausea, a heat rash, frequent urination, and very slight (implantation?) bleeding, since then nausea has continued and gotten much worse the past few days, I have smell sensitivity-cannot stand the smell of seafood (which I used to love), alcohol, ketchup, and french toasts, among other things. My breasts have been tender and have grown-especially the left one. My veins are significantly more noticeable, teeth and gums are very sensitive.

I have been exhausted went from going to bed around 12 and waking around 6:30 to napping for a few hours after work and going to bed around 9 pm- still waking around the same time though. I have random sudden sometimes sharp pains in my breasts, ribs, stomach, and vagina. Heartburn, bloating, gas, constipation and indigestion. I get light headed and fainted 2 days ago, it happened when I was on the verge of throwing up on a subway, I had been perfectly fine then got nauseous, then the nausea became very intense and I became extremely light-headed and was out a few seconds later.

I'm also extremely emotional, sensitive and moody. I watched several movies the other day and cried during every one (even Argo and Cool Runnings?) and cried probably 10 times during a romantic comedy, I typically don't cry often during movies. I urinate all the time, It's 6 pm now and I think I've gone already 15 times today. Also sex feels different (better) for both my significant other and I, hard to explain the difference but it does feel much better.

I have taken 6+ home tests and 2 blood tests and all are negative, visited a dr today and she said it's "not possible" to be pregnant (though my partner and I have been reading a lot of forums of people who have had the exact same thing happen) the Dr ordered and EKG, ultrasounds, urine analysis and blood analysis but didn't come up with any suggestions of what she thought could be causing the symptoms but I did have an elevated heart rate and slightly high temperature during the appointment as well (my temp is normally around 97 and  it was around 99 today but I don't feel feverish) We had the ultrasound and the tech wouldn't tell us anything but my significant other is sure he saw what looks just like what we've seen for ultrasound pictures online and the tech asked while looking "did you take a negative test today?" and asked if we were trying to get pregnant.

Has anyone been through this or have any ideas? My gut is telling me that I am pregnant despite the negative tests.

Re: Negative home and blood tests, but...

• Options
    I do not have an ultrasound result yet, the results are supposed to come in tomorrow.

And as for having an unhealthy attachment to the pregnancy I was not trying to get pregnant,in fact I had been on birth control pills (but had antibiotics 2 weeks prior to symptoms starting). I didn't even know what implantation bleeding was at the time the symptoms started.

And congratulations Kaysa2! I have done the same thing and repeatedly told myself that I'm making it up and then right after something happens to make me think I couldn't be making it up-like the morning I fainted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going with "not pregnant". It isn't unheard of for PMS symptoms to be very much like early pregnancy symptoms--mine are. I wasn't like that til the cycle before I got pregnant with my daughter. It's likely that you're having a wonky cycle. If you want to keep peeing on things, then purchase some cheap hpts and use one once a week til you get a positive or hit 60 days without a period. At that point, I'd talk to the appropriate doctor for your situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Dr ordered the ultrasound test but the Tech wasn't allowed to give us any results because she is not a Dr. I expected to get results right on the spot...

My symptoms have been non-stop for 7 weeks so that would be some really crazy PMS especially since I normally have very easy periods with next to no symptoms. Does anyone have any other suggestions of what these symptoms can be?
  • Options
    I think that if the tech pulls up the image of a viable pregnancy (embryo with a heartbeat), you usually find out right then.  I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure they usually measure the heartbeat as soon as they find it, and you can't really miss that.

Again, take my opinion with a grain of salt.  I'm definitely not an expert.  Regardless of whether or not you are pregnant, I do hope all is well and that the symptoms are explained sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited October 2013
    Um, sorry you're not pregnant. She ordered and US and couldn't find anything. I would say that's a pretty accurate way to check if someone has a baby in their belly ... Blood work is a close second. Edit:sorry didn't see you haven't gotten US results back. But still voting not pregnant. Sorryyyy

It's a BOY

• Options
    I think it's prob safe to say u r not pregnant. If u say u had these symptoms for 7 weeks then by this point u wud b turning something positive. Maybe u just having a really wonky cycle?? What was ur "implantation" bleeding like that u think u had?? Any chance it was infact a light period maybe???
    I hope u get ur answers soon.
  • Options

And as for having an unhealthy attachment to the pregnancy I was not trying to get pregnant,in fact I had been on birth control pills (but had antibiotics 2 weeks prior to symptoms starting).

When did you stop taking your BC pills?

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options
    I have to agree with everyone else. And if you have had these symptoms since August 27th that would put you at maybe 10 weeks pregnant, and that is conservative considering many of those symptoms don't start at 4 weeks. I have had a lot of u/s and while the tech can't tell you anything they have always shown us the screen and said "there is your baby". When was your last period, you haven't mentioned missing one?
  • Options
    If you're pregnant enough to have those symptoms, you are pregnant enough to get a BFP, especially through a bloo test. You aren't pregnant. Those symptoms are not contained strictly to pregnancy. Furthermore, you want to be pregnant, so you might just be imagining them.its not uncommon. My advice? Get a grip and try again next month.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The Dr ordered the ultrasound test but the Tech wasn't allowed to give us any results because she is not a Dr. I expected to get results right on the spot...

My symptoms have been non-stop for 7 weeks so that would be some really crazy PMS especially since I normally have very easy periods with next to no symptoms. Does anyone have any other suggestions of what these symptoms can be?
    I'm sorry, but if you starting having symptoms 7 weeks ago, and they were truly pregnancy symptoms, you'd be 9 weeks pregnant-easily diagnosed by blood test, urine test, and an ultrasound which would show a heartbeat.  Keep looking for other causes, because you're not pregnant right now.
  • Options
    If you're that sure that you are pregnant go get a 2nd opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
    November 2012: D&C
  • Options
    I have to agree with everyone else. And if you have had these symptoms since August 27th that would put you at maybe 10 weeks pregnant, and that is conservative considering many of those symptoms don't start at 4 weeks. I have had a lot of u/s and while the tech can't tell you anything they have always shown us the screen and said "there is your baby". When was your last period, you haven't mentioned missing one?

I would have to agree with everyone, especially here, I am 4 weeks and some odd days and really the only "symptoms" I have had is having to pee excessively and taste aversion... but that's it, I was a day late and we have been trying religiously for 2 and a half years, and I honestly only took a test for shits and giggles just to see, and surprisingly, we are pregnant.

Isn't there a word or syndrome for wanting to be pregnant SO bad that you convince your body into thinking you are pregnant? I cant think of it right now, but really I would just accept what the doctor has confirmed, a blood test cannot be wrong, and as for the U/s, the only time I have ever had a tech say they couldn't tell me anything is when something was wrong.

DH & I 23
    Married: 3/23/13 Together since: 4/11/10
    DD born 4/19/09 after a summer fling after graduation. Not planned
    Dx with Endometriosis and Ovarian Cysts July 2010

TTC since July 2010

DX with unexplained secondary IF 2012
    BFP Oct 6, 2013
    Confirmation BFP at Dr. Office Oct 7, 2013

Miscarriage confirmed 10/19/13

CD 21 full panel blood work 3/18/14 to initiate fertility treatment

Psalm 34:18 "...The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit..."

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    AmyfromMI said:
    I'm sure I'm not as surprisingly short as people think or as fat as my jeans imply.  Unfortunately, rulers and scales prove otherwise.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

AmyfromMI said:

a 2nd, 3rd or 5th Dr will order all the same tests that #1 did.

pregnancy symptoms means nothing. there are many reasons for all those symptoms besides pregnancy.
    Yes, I completely agree. I was just saying get a 2nd opinion so she has someone else IRL tell her she no pregnant so she can stop applying all her symptoms to being pregnant.

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
  • Options
    elmoali said:

AmyfromMI said:

I'm sure I'm not as surprisingly short as people think or as fat as my jeans imply.  Unfortunately, rulers and scales prove otherwise.

Lol, I wasn't implying that she is pregnant. You misunderstood my post. Clearly she thinks her Drs are lying to her, so I said go get a 2nd opinion, because maybe if she hears she not pregnant from another Dr then she'll wake up from this fantasy.

BabyFetus Ticker 

• Options
    I remember when I stopped taking BC, I felt terrible for a few weeks. I felt nauseous, I had headaches, sore boobs, tired. A lot of "pregnancy" symptoms actually. If you stop taking a hormone, it's going to mess with your body and your cycle. My hair even started falling out.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I don't think an EKG is a normal diagnostic tool for determining pregnancy, but it sounds like the doctor was ordering tests to look for some other medical cause of the symptoms experienced. 
  • Options
    I do not have an ultrasound result yet, the results are supposed to come in tomorrow.

And as for having an unhealthy attachment to the pregnancy I was not trying to get pregnant,in fact I had been on birth control pills (but had antibiotics 2 weeks prior to symptoms starting). I didn't even know what implantation bleeding was at the time the symptoms started.

Wait - So you STOPPED taking birth control pills?  There is your answer, I'll bet.  Women who stop taking BC pills can have some *crazy* side effects for quite a while after they stop... Some women don't go back to normal cycles for months.  You're not pregnant, sorry.

imageimage

Baby #1 due June 5th, 2014

• Options
    Does your bf's farts stink really bad? Like really really bad? If so then you are totes preggo! That's how I knew I was knocked up...dh stunk up the whole room and I didn't even need a pee test to tell me I was preggo.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1) Most people don't show all the symptoms you are showing in early pregnancy, those symptoms usually come on slowly over time, or a few at a time.
    2) It would be possible to have a negative urine test and still be pregnant, but you would have to be VERY early and you would get a positive blood test.

So...basically, it must be something else. Maybe you have the flu, maybe something else is going on, but if you have a negative urine and blood test then sorry, you aren't pregnant!

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    I have to agree with the PPs you are not pregnant. Sorry. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    sueann911 said:
    Negative test equals not pregnant. It's not possible for urine tests, blood tests and US to all be wrong. Accept it and move on. It sounds like you have an unhealthy attachment to this belief despite what every test is telling you.
    This.

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Options
    A very early miscarriage could cause some of the symptoms you are noticing. By the time you tested the hcg level could have declined to where they were no longer readable. When was your last period? If it was in late August you wouldn't ovulate until mid- September and with a prolonged implantation of 10-14 days, you possible could be pregnant and not putting out enough hcg to test. This did happen to me several years ago. I was feeling irritable and ravenously hungry for weeks. I took numerous pregnancy tests, all were negative. My implantation bleeding occurred around the time of my normal period, so I thought I must not be pregnant, I missed my next period.....but took a test or two in between as well. Both negative. I finally tested positive for the first time at 9 weeks pregnant, confirmed by ultrasound. It's a rarity. There is nothing you can do except eat well and wait.
  • Options
    OP, did you get your U/S results yet?  It's been more than a day.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Fische923 said:
    I find it ridiculous and completely insensitive that some of you feel it is ok to talk to this woman they way you are because you are hiding behind a computer. She came on here for advice, not to be ridiculed and called names like a "nut job". I'm going to take a guess and say 99% of you are not doctors so how dare you say such things. You have no medical background and no education to say she is or is not pregnant. How dare all of you cyber bullies acting like you know everything bc you have gone to a few ob appointments. Honey good luck and I hope that no matter what results you get you are prepared for them and I pray you get the results you want. If you never need someone to talk to I got your back.
    Cheese and rice.
  • Options
    ColeRose said:
    A very early miscarriage could cause some of the symptoms you are noticing. By the time you tested the hcg level could have declined to where they were no longer readable. When was your last period? If it was in late August you wouldn't ovulate until mid- September and with a prolonged implantation of 10-14 days, you possible could be pregnant and not putting out enough hcg to test. This did happen to me several years ago. I was feeling irritable and ravenously hungry for weeks. I took numerous pregnancy tests, all were negative. My implantation bleeding occurred around the time of my normal period, so I thought I must not be pregnant, I missed my next period.....but took a test or two in between as well. Both negative. I finally tested positive for the first time at 9 weeks pregnant, confirmed by ultrasound. It's a rarity. There is nothing you can do except eat well and wait.

I hate when people write this. If OP did not have a positive pregnancy test she did not have a miscarriage. At 9/10 weeks pregnant you wouldn't need a tech or doctor to confirm a pregnancy through an u/s, trust me you would know, it looks like a little gummy bear. Also you have a lot of symptoms, not saying it couldn't happen, but that is far more than I've had. Good luck figuring out what is going on but I don't think pregnancy has anything to do with it.
    Grrrrr. The pregnancy wasn't being confirmed via ultrasound, the crown to rump lenght, ie, gestational age was. My point was, that yes, it is possible to be pregnant and have numerous negative tests, when in fact, you ARE pregnant. I have my own personal experience with this (negative home pregnancy test at 8 weeks with a positive HPT at 9 weeks, with gestational age confirmed by ultrasound) as well as the experience of my patients. It is rare, but it does happen. And I am a Family Practitioner, so I do have medical education and experience. The rudeness gets to me as well, she's asking for advice, you may think she's being silly, but unless you have firm science to back it up, I see no reason to be rude about it.
  • Options
    Sounds like u are not pregnant. Hopefully you get the answers you are looking for and wanting
    *MartinezLove*
  • Options
    Jesus H. Christ people. I don''t think I'm blowing fairy dust up anyone's ass by admitting to the admittedly small chance that she may actually have a viable pregnancy (or non-viable). As an EXAMPLE I gave my own experience where I did not test positive until 9 weeks of pregnancy. I've also had a handful of patients throughout my career who presented similarly to the OP and did end being pregnant. My advice for her if she was my patient would be the same as that of her doctor...."I don't believe you are pregnant, however, if your symptoms persist, come back and I can do further testing. Continue with a weekly HPT until you start your period or test positive." I went to school for 10 years for this crap, however hard it may be for some of you to imagine that someone may actually know more about this than you do, it is still possible for women to be pregnant despite numerous negative tests. If you care to look it up PubMed maintains an excellent database of full text articles, peer reviewed (not bitchy forum member reviewed) articles. Is she likely preggo.....no. But is it possible.....hell yeah. Telling someone the whole story is just that, it's giving them all the info, it allows them to make better choices for themselves. If I diagnosed you with cancer but refused to tell you about the treatment with the 3% cure rate, because it fails 97% of the time, I would be remiss.
  • Options
    Omg ppl!! I feel like everyone is being harsh on the lady. Maybe it's just bc of emotions right now...anywho lol..

Ps: To the lady that posted this..I hope all is well.
  • Options
    JFC??

I understand all her test were negative but I'm not going to be rude & say she has a problem psychologically when it can be something hormonal. Geesh!!!! X_X
  • Options
    Someone fill me in: did the ultrasounds results come back yet?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"