Single Parents

BD Building a Nursery - Oy

So BD is a basketcase as some of you know due to his PTSD and such. I don't engage him, just minimal info so he can't hold that against me in court. Anyway, last I heard he had gotten an attorney but "wasn't trying to take her from me." Then he sends me a picture of us when we were married and a song, then yesterday a picture of her nursery in his house. He is still stuck on the belief he will be able to fly her here and there and back again after 3 months old. He is in for a rude awakening. I can't believe any attorney would tell him to go ahead and set up a full on nursery, but my mom pointed out it's possible if he is telling him to make himself look as good as possible. (I still don't believe he has one. Heard that before) The overprotective mom in me says UMM HELLOO.....you can't put her crib next to a window where she can pull the curtains down and wrap the cords around her neck and you can't use a bumper pad ya ding dong! DO YOU READ ANY SAFETY INFO? I mean...I know I'm going hormonal overboard here but the thought of leaving her with him unsupervised is just frightening. I don't think he truly gets the seriousness of safety with a newborn. I know he hasn't read any books, done any research, just expects to take her home and plop her in her crib and everything be perfect. When she starts screaming her head off for hours at a time and won't stop...that's when I worry he will not be able to deal and snap because of his PTSD. No sense in worrying now, even though I can't help it, but hope I can prove this case in court with all our back history and documentation. No doubt he loves her/will love her and wants to be a dad and is excited, but his mental health is what gets in the way of him functioning as a normal human being. So frustrating.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"