September 2013 Moms
Options

Trouble with Ergo Infant Insert

Has anybody had any trouble positioning their LO with the Ergo Infant Insert? I have read the directions several times, watched videos, and I still don't feel like I have it quite right. No matter how tight (or loose) I try to make it, LO's head constantly falls forward and I start to panic thinking he is unable to breathe. Does anyone have any tips to keep his head and neck supported? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trouble with Ergo Infant Insert

• Options
    @auroraloo How does her head lay when you are just walking around like normal? Does it lean back on the carrier itself or does her head rest on your chest? With the actual insert it looks like LO's head should be somewhat reclined back on the padding but as soon as I move his head falls forward towards me and bounces around.

• Options
    My SO was trying out our Ergo today. Our son's head was a little floppy but he was close enough to SO's chest to where if his head fell forward it was resting on SO's chest, and he didnt have any problems breathing. What you may look at is where your LO's feet are and if he is sitting far enough down in the insert. If he's too far up, his head will flop around more.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine does the same thing. My Lo has control of his head, but he likes to lay on my chest. I worry about him suffocating too. But I feel pretty confident that if he was having trouble breathing he would change positions. If your LO can lift his head up pretty well I wouldn't worry.
    I also found if I keep his hands up by his face before wrapping him in it, it keeps him from leaving forward so much.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"