January 2014 Moms
Options

No Movement Today *UPDATE*

gracetegracete member
edited September 2013 in January 2014 Moms

Hi, I usually feel my baby moving every morning before I even get out of bed. In fact, that's when I feel her the most.

I didn't feel her this morning and I haven't felt her yet... I'm 23 Weeks and 5 Days and I know that the movements aren't consistent at this stage but I can't help but feel a little freaked out!

I left a VM for my doctor and am waiting for them to call me back... I tried drinking ice cold water but that didn't do anything.

Do you feel your baby move every day around the same time or does it vary?

*UPDATE*

So my doctor called me back and asked me when was the last time I felt the baby... I said it was yesterday morning. *I should have specified this on my original post, I had not felt the baby move since I woke up yesterday* My doctor asked me to go into the L&D for a sonogram and fetal monitoring. I didn't expect him to tell me to come in...I'm not sure what I expected but I left work immediately and headed over to the hospital (my doctor's office is located in the hospital's medical building).

My DH works 45 minutes away and I told him if I needed him to come I'd call him ASAP so I went alone.... 3 hours, 45 minutes of fetal monitoring, 1 sonogram and some tears later.... EVERYTHING IS PERFECT WITH MY BABY! I have to admit I feel kind of stupid that I ended up at the hospital and nothing is wrong ... of course I didn't want anything to be wrong but I know I'm overly sensitive and since this is my first pregnancy, everything scares me! My doctor told me he'd rather be safe than sorry and I agree.

The nurse told me I have a fundal placenta and my amniotic fluid level was a 13; two things I had never heard before. She assured me they were both perfectly normal and I had nothing to worry about. The only thing... my blood pressure was kind of high which they attributed to me being nervous and scared.  

My 24 week appointment is this Wednesday so I will follow up with my doctor in a few days. As for the baby... I haven't felt her kick yet but I did see her moving around during the sonogram and she had her hands near her face :)

Can't wait till January so we can meet our babies! Reading all of your posts made me feel better that I wasn't the only one who didn't have consistent movement. Thx for the well wishes.

- Nervous Nancy 

Married 10-20-12 | First Baby Due 1-22-14 | Team PINK | Me (29) Hubby (33)

BabyFruit Ticker 

January 2014 | December Siggy Challenge | Favorite Christmas Movie: "It Nearly Wasn't Christmas"

Re: No Movement Today *UPDATE*

• Options
    I usually feel her late at night. I wouldn't overly stress yet, but maybe have some juice or something with a little sugar in it. 
  • Options
    It varies a little for me, but I'm usually morning, before bed, and in the afternoon after lunch. My guy had a quiet day Saturday. I hope that's all you're having now, but it never hurts to call.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image   image   image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Movement is totally random for me. It's still a bit too early for movement to be consistent right now, so try not to worry too much.

Usually on the weekends when I'm busy running errands etc, I don't feel anything at all but I think it's because I'm so busy moving around that I just don't realize that I'm feeling movement. But I totally go into a panic and use my Doppler on the Sunday nights to check in on LO.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    It varies for me quite a lot. My LO is usually more active in the evenings, but lately I've been feeling strong kicks later at night. Then, this morning I felt a lot of movement which is quite unusual.

Keep us posted with what your doctor says, and I'm sending some positive thoughts your way.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    There really haven't been any set times that I'm more likely to feel him. It really has varied. This weekend, I didn't really notice him moving all that much, but like PP, I had a super busy weekend, so I don't think I was paying that much attention. 

I did pull out my doppler last night at DH's request and we found his heartbeat right away and then he started to jab at me at the same time. I think I interrupted him, lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    I have busy babies, so if I'm sitting still, they're moving. It just seems to be when I'm up and moving around they're quiet
  • Options
    I've got to say that this thread makes me feel a bit better lol I'm not feeling movement really consistently yet either, so there are days when I don't feel her so much and it always sends me into a panic. I feel her most later at night and super early in the morning, but it is still all over the place. It is so hard not to stress when you don't feel movement for a while ((hugs))

• Options
    About around that time, the kid turn towards my back and I couldn't feel him at all. I would just an occasional kick here and there. 

Drink some cold water and eat something sweet. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I had a mild panic attack last week, because the same happened to me (over a 3day period), where I barely felt LO move at all.
    I read online that sometimes our babies go through growth spurts between 23-26wks which in turn can make them less active.

For me, drinking cold water, eating sweets or coffee didn't make the baby move more in that 3day period. 

And for the pst 2 days, I have been feeling super strong kicks, rolls etc but still inconsistent in the time of the day it happens. Also, baby had a normal heartbeat on the doppler :)

Hang in there mama!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    Usually I feel him starting around 10-11:30am. Then I'll have nothing all day. Then he will be moving a TON at night.

I've gone days (I went 4 straight days with nothing) before with no movement.

I'm 24w1d and to still varies. However, if I drink something cold or nudge my belly, I get a small tap of a kick on response.
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Options
    I feel at different times. Try some OJ and resting to see if it will wake up LO.
  • Options
    I'll go through phases. It will be consistent for a while, then it will change. I wouldn't worry about a lack of movement for a short period of time like you described. It would probably take a solid 24 hours of no movement for me to start to be concerned, since movement could be happening at night.
  • Options
    I'm 23w1d and just now started feeling baby in the mornings; movement is still really inconsistent for me. If she's quiet, I'll drink some apple juice or water; I can usually feel something after an hour or so.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    goldenB said:

I had a mild panic attack last week, because the same happened to me (over a 3day period), where I barely felt LO move at all.
    I read online that sometimes our babies go through growth spurts between 23-26wks which in turn can make them less active.

For me, drinking cold water, eating sweets or coffee didn't make the baby move more in that 3day period. 

And for the pst 2 days, I have been feeling super strong kicks, rolls etc but still inconsistent in the time of the day it happens. Also, baby had a normal heartbeat on the doppler :)

Hang in there mama!

Me exactly I few days ago. I would feel a nudge them nothing for 5 or more hrs then. Another couple nudges. Before then it had been super active for a few days. This sluggish ness lasted 2 days yesterday it was pretty active and I have already felt it a decent amount today.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Just as I think she has a more set schedule, it changes (23w today). I feel it in the morning before I get out of bed and at night around dinner time. Every other time is random. Definetly call your OB if concerned. I know at about 21 weeks after spending the day in the ER (bronchitis) and being put on antibiotics and a breathing treatment, I calked my OB to check in but also to say movements were missing that day He told me it was still really early so he isn't concerned unless it has been over 24 hours of no movements. He said to try eating or drinking something (he said sugary things are a myth but tell that to LO who seems to perk up), digestion is really loud in there and may wake up baby. He also told me to lay on the left side, extra blood flow helps. So just sharing that. Hope the soccer game in your belly starts up soon :)

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mine varies, I'm 23w5d, but I usually feel her pretty regularly throughout the day. Last weekend I had a scare like this though and LO didn't kick all evening and most of the next day, had some other problems going on so I rushed to the hospital. Stubborn LO had just turned around facing my back and I just hadn't been able to feel her was all. Just take a deep breath and wait for your doctor to call back. They'll get it all figured out, LO is probably just in a comfy spot relaxing for the day!
  • Options
    Definitely inconsistent.  When I realize that I haven't felt LO move for a while, I'll try to lay/sit very still and see if I feel anything.  If still nothing, I might have something sugary to see if I can get baby moving.  I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned with, but better safe than sorry!

Jan '14 Siggy Challenge: Things I've had to deprive myself of while pregnant:

imageimage

Rum & Coke...mmm!!                                              Laying on my stomach!  Can't wait!

• Options
    There's a reason why "kick counts" don't start until 3rd tri.  Although you may feel her the same time everyday, things change.  She could be going through a growth spurt and sleeping a lot right now.  Or you may just start feeling her later in the day from now on.

There is no need to worry about this at all.  If you go like a week without feeling her move?  Sure... worry.  But one morning?  Nope.  You're overreacting.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I'll be 27 weeks this Wed. I've really only recently noticed more of a regular active time for LO. Anterior placenta for me too probably influencing that. If you are really nervous, call your OB for your own comfort, but I couldn't be worrying until it has been at least a couple days of nothing. Your LO might be changing her pattern to be awake while you are sleeping.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    Very inconsistent for me too. I used to feel the baby at night and then last week I went for about 3 days being unsure if I was feeling baby or not...I got a little freaked out but about the time I did I started feeling kicks or rolls stronger than I ever had! Hang in there :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

• Options
    Around 23 weeks I had a few days with absolutely no movement.  I'm pretty sure baby had a growth spurt there, because when I started feeling movement again, it was alot stronger then it had been before.  It had also been pretty inconsistent before, but since then things have gotten alot more consistent.  Still not exactly the same time every single day, but in general more in the early morning when I wake up and more in the evening, with some spurts during the day at random times. 
    Try not to worry too much! 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Options
    Even in the 3rd trimester with DD my movement was inconsistent sometimes...but my sleep schedule was so messed up I would just figure she was moving while I slept. This LO I typically feel movement at least once a day but no consistent time or anything...I wouldn't worry about it!

• Options
    It is sometimes still inconsistent. I'd try not to worry, but if you want drink some OJ and sit down or lay down in a place where baby usually kicks and see what happens.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options

So happy everything is OK and you got good news! You must feel so relieved. Keep us posted after your doctors apt <3

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    I'm glad everything is ok! I had the same thing around 23/24 weeks And just so you're not too scared if it happens again, I had very little to no movement for a couple of days right at 26 weeks. I had just been through an hour and a half long ultrasound last Wednesday, and baby was perfect with no cause for concern. So of course all day Thursday and Friday she was quiet as a mouse. I naturally was a little freaked out, but since I'd just seen her the day before I figured she was just having a little quiet time. She's been kicking up a storm ever since Saturday morning! The growth spurt thing is pretty interesting, and I wouldn't be surprised if that impacts their movement amounts each day.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Options
    So lad everything is alright! I'm 22w6d, and I still only feel him moving every now and then (anterior placenta) yesterday was the first day I felt him move when I was standing up. Usually I only feel him when I'm laying down.

I'm glad your doctor was proactive for you!

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    I'm happy that everything ended up being okay! My LOs movement is pretty sporadic and inconsistent right now and I've had a few freak-outs myself. I'm glad you started this thread, it helped ease my mind since this seems to be normal at this stage of pregnancy.

• Options
    I'm so glad everything is ok! I am on the same boat as you. I have been feeling my LO since 19 weeks. I barely felt him this weekend until last night/this morning so I was freaking out as well. To ease your mind...your OB wont have you count Lo's kicks until week 28 and beyond.  Only because thats when the baby will be big enough to feel most of the movements. I keep reminding myself that every time I dont feel him. Babies have sleeping cycles as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"