Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby daddy, where are you?

So, my child's father was in jail for my entire pregnancy... He got out when MY daughter was 3 months old. He has seen her 4 times and she is now 7 m/o. I've officially given up on him. He doesn't call, doesn't provide for her. We are teenage parents. Some people say that 'teens are too immature to raise a child'. I disagree. I grew up. I'm graduating HS 2 years early and headed of to college. BUT my BD hasn't matured one bit. He was held back a grade AFTER our child was born.... He runs around with girls and doesn't be a hoot about us. I'm just so hurt by what he does. I'm terrified that in a year or so my daughter will ask me where her father is... I have no earthly idea what I'll say to her. Any advice? HELP!

Re: Baby daddy, where are you?

• Thank you so much britt1430!!!
  • She's been posting around for a few weeks, but I have seen weirder things here than an AE that posts a bit before rolling out the MUD.

However, there is a single parents board for this sort of thing and Babygaga.com has a teen parenting community.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to try that sight out. ASAP!
  • What is MUD?

Made Up Drama
  • boring mud is boring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I don't know what anybody is talking about MUD on my post... I just got on 'The Bump" 2 days ago so that I could get advice about this specific situation.

• Sorry. No one will take you seriously by using the term "baby daddy". It's a silly term that doesn't even use proper grammar.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • britt1430 said:

Sorry. No one will take you seriously by using the term "baby daddy". It's a silly term that doesn't even use proper grammar.

I thought she said that because she was a teenager. Guess I got duped :(
    What? Who cares if she's 40? That term is silly.
  • Nicb13 said:
    britt1430 said:
    Sorry. No one will take you seriously by using the term "baby daddy". It's a silly term that doesn't even use proper grammar.
    I thought she said that because she was a teenager. Guess I got duped :(
    What? Who cares if she's 40? That term is silly.
    No, I'm agreeing the term is dumb, that's not what I was saying. I meant that I mistakenly believed her to be a teenager because she used that ridiculous terminology and then wasted time responding to MUD.

I can totally see a teenager using that term, even though it's awful, and I would sympathize with her situation....if it were real. Hell, my husband had a kid when he was 17 so I'm not hating on teen parents but this post was "off" a bit.
    I was a teen mom at 18, but even baby-daddy seemed to "ghetto" and whorely for my taste.
    I preferred "the father", or "my boyfriend", or "mustache wonder".

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • edited October 2013
    What is going on? i am 15... Why are y'all acting as though I'm not. MUD? This is real. If y'all doing believe this then quit messaging on my post. This hurts... I don't understand why I can't get any simpathy or advice on any of these pregnancy or parenting websites. I'M 15 years old. I said 'baby daddy' GOD FORBID.  Please, this was my first post ever on 'The Bump'. Y'all act as if I'm some freaking 50 year old faking on here. No, I'm not. I'm, like I've said mutliple times, 15! For pete sake..
  • Don't worry about people like the mean ones on here. Look toward the ones on this post who are positive toward you and support you "LovingBrooklynn" Shame on the rest who make a 15 year old cry.
    I love you!
    Your mother
  • Wowww. People are so stupid. She just wants some damn encouragementt. She's a teen, they all use the term baby daddy for unsupportive fathers of their children. They're surely not gonna be calling them their husbands or boyfriends and " d-bag father of my child" is a bit extensive. I really fear for the Children of parents who can't even be considerate on a forum. Just don't read it If it doesn't interest you. Heavens forbid your child comes to you with a problem later on in life. You'll probably just scream "MUD" at them and walk away. Lol

Anyhow sweetie, believe me, I know so many women in your situation. Just forget about him, go to court, try to get him on child support, and at the very least you should be able to get some state help. As far as what to tell her, when she's young you can tell her whatever you'd like. I'd personally go with "daddy's playing a really long game of hide and seek meets peek a boo." But you should tell her the truth eventually. Hopefully it'll make.her think twice about who she chooses to reproduce with

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• You'll make it love. You got this. Your welcome to keep in touch for further encouragmennt

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• Thank you so much! God bless you! I've been contacting my mom's lawyer and hopefully we can go to the Attorney General's office soon!
  • You're going to do absolutely fine! I can already tell you are a great momma! Don't be afraid to post a question if you have one, and feel free to PM me if you need any advice or encouragement. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"