Parenting
Options

Big picture time. *whiny FWP*

One stupidly evil assignment in one gen ed class is not going to kill me or ruin my chances at happiness.
Right?
I'm scared.
It's a book reading of at least 600 words or 3 to 5 minutes and your excerpt has to basically cover the plot points of the book and it can't be from an accent you can't speak accurately.
I'm gonna get like a C, tops. If I'm really lucky and he's in a good mood. He's usually not.

Formerly known as KJLx121.

Re: Big picture time. *whiny FWP*

• Options
    Public Speaking - Oral Interpretation. It's public speaking except you're reading good stuff other people have written and you don't have to write it yourself.
    I'm reading John Grisham. He can deal. :P

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KJLx121 said:
    Public Speaking - Oral Interpretation. It's public speaking except you're reading good stuff other people have written and you don't have to write it yourself.
    I'm reading John Grisham. He can deal. :P
    In my experience if you rehearse something four to five times, you will have it down pretty good. Basically you just need to commit it to your subconscious rather than relying to your concious to carry you.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    At least it's not memorization. It's kind of like constant auditions for school plays.

• Options
    Add me to the confused pile.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    I really didn't explain myself well. Shows how nervous I am :P
    Like if I wanted to read from The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak, I shouldn't because it's German people speaking and I do not know how to speak in a German accent. Gone With the Wind, I don't do a very good southern accent either, etc.
    He's very very particular about the lit readings.

• Options
    Ahahhaha is that what I have to look forward to for certification?
    I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that.
    LALALALALA *fingers in my ears*
    THANKS SUNNY.

• Options
    Also, I was down for a C now and again.  I knew I wasn't going to be perfect in some areas, specifically accounting, so I was fine with not receiving the best grade in class.  You'll do just fine. Get off the interwebz and start practicing.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    @missyishere I did practice 2x already for timing purposes :) I'm waiting on food. Then I'll leave the interwebs.

• Options
    Thanks guys. I actually just found out tomorrow is a rehearsal day so I don't have to perform till Wednesday or Friday.
    Thank God.
    Still gonna practice after ice cream.

• Options
    @ginabina11 I'm sorry about your grandma and the sobbing and that performance, that sounds really hard and I couldn't do it. :( Glad you got a good grade though, that's what the love tit was for :)

• Options
    OMG if my teacher had any kind of a sense of humor I actually would try that.
    But he'd probably yell at me and then I would cry.
    Also, @loislayn23 did I tell you I had a dream we were best friends IRL? Which was new since we hardly talk here :P

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'mma just let you two lovefest.

• Options
  • Options
    No, you didn't mention that.

I didn't know professors cared enough to yell. All of mine were just "meh. pass if you want to, or fail. Whatevs."
    I had a prof call a girl stupid and make her cry. He also called one my presentations Mickey Mouse bullshit. Good times.

-----------
    For real? We had the 15 minute rule at least once a week.
    I think it really depends on the school. Mine and the one I went to before the professors are really involved and some of them are really strict and in your face.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"