2nd Trimester
Options

No desire at all! :(

I'm 12 weeks and I'm very sad and nervous and ashamed because I dont have any sex desire! My husband told me that it was normal on the first weeks but hello!!! I'm at my second semester and I feel nothing! I know he is doing his best waiting for me but I can feel how i crushed the relationship a little bit. I dont know if someone else is at the same boat as me, but I really need your opinion. :(

Re: No desire at all! :(

• Options
    ktpaladinoktpaladino member
    edited October 2013
    My sex drive is in the negative numbers. It was the same with my first pregnancy. Luckily it has never caused any trouble with our relationship. Wait a few more weeks and you might notice at least a slight difference! Hang in there and just be as open and honest with your husband as you can.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Please tell me it gets back after the delivery...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, yes for me, it did slowly. I had an episiotomy and was too sore down below to even think about sex for at least 8 weeks after, and you medically have to abstain for 6 weeks after birth anyhow. But your hormones should eventually regulate and you should be feeling back to your old self shortly afterwards. If not, talk to your OB about it...they may be able to help.

• Options
    You're not alone. I feel the same way. It was much worse in my first trimester though. I feel bad for my hubby :(
  • Options
    It seems to be normal. This is my 3rd pregnancy. My boys are 10 and 14 years old. I dont remember I felt sexually. I am 14 weeks and Im not in the mood like I used to be. I feel bad for my honey because we are very active!!!! Im hoping to gain a little more desire. My honey has been great. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Crushing your relationship? lol if you feel that way then just try to get yourself in the mood. Yes, a dipping libido is very normal. But it can happen at any point during the pregnancy.

You can't have sex for about 6 weeks PP and I honestly haven't felt as good as since I was about as far along as you, so the bigger you get, the worse you may feel. Sounds like your husband is being understanding though, so just try to thank him for that, and maybe do other things for him.
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a sex drive, but don't want my SO to touch me. I wouldn't mind getting myself off, but have NO desire for sex right now!
  • Options

I really didn't have a sex drive throughout my first trimester. I'm now in my second and it's slowly coming back. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Our bodies go through a whirlwind of changes and it seems like he understands.  Just keep loving him and the rest will find it's way back to you. :)

• Options
    I am in the same boat.  With my first son, by the time I hit the second trimester, I was ready to go at anytime, but it's totally different this time around.  The thought of sex or having my husband touching all over me is just a turn off.  Ugh, it is what it is. 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With DD mine came back full force about 17- 18w? But this one has been tougher I've had really bad headaches and heartburn.
    It's come back big time this week 22w. So do t lose hope yet!
    Now the problem is getting Dh in the mods in between my frat boy burps;)

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 15 weeks today, I had a pick-up in drive about the 12th or 13th week but it was short lived. 
  • Options
    I too have very little desire - but my DH even less.  He's got a thing about "hurting the baby" .  I know it won't, but for him it is non-negotiable.
  • Options
    same over here
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
  • Options

With my first I could count on one hand the number of times we actually had sex (or attempted to have sex).  I was extremely nervous having had 2 m/c prior.

This time around I am a bit more relaxed and just about in the second trimester and getting a bit more energy/desire for it.

surprise BFP 7/12/05 = missed m/c and D&C 9/28/05; TTC since 10/06; 1/16/08-D&C to remove bicournate uterus; 4 IUI's = BFN, 2 IVF's = BFFN. 8/5/09 Surprise BFP!! = another missed m/c and d&c 9/28/09 IVF #3 May 2010 = BFP!!!!  Beautiful DD born 1/16/2012.  8/1/13 Surprise BFP!!!  EDD 4/13/14.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"