April 2013 Moms
Options

Good deal or rip off?

So DH and I are trying to decide who will take 6month photos. I want to use the same photographer we used for wedding, maternity, and newborn. I love her style. DH says he thinks she is too expensive. Here's what we'd be getting...you tell me if you think it's too much! She would give us the 6month shoot along with his 1 year shoot for $400. The price includes both photo shoots, and 30-40 photos each time, on a cd. No prints. We have to do the printing ourselves. We pick location, and can include props if we want or a change of outfits. Well?

Re: Good deal or rip off?

• Options
    Sounds reasonable to me.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    Great price, especially when it includes a cd and print release. If you like their style, I say go for it.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ehlerssehlerss member
    edited September 2013
    That seems good to me.  For DD 6 month photos it is $200 and we get 30-40 edited, high resolution pictures, an online viewing gallery (that you are able to download from instead of a CD), and a full print release so that we can print photos at a place of our choosing. So for two shoots that seems pretty standard.
    Kendall Makenna April 4, 2013
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. We paid $400 for DDs newborn photos and another $400 for her 6 mos photos with about 80 photos on a cd per session.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think that price is reasonable, especially since you know you like her work.

We're just doing JCPenney for ours because we can't afford the $200+ right now.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    For two different shoots thats an amazing price actually

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    Reasonable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I think that's a good price if you have the extra $400.
  • Options
    Not a rip off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Angela814 what does JC penny about charge
  • Options
    The girl that does DD's pics is amazing and does the same for a $100 if she goes to a different location, and $75 in her studio. I think $400 is a lot of money.
  • Options

@Angela814 what does JC penny about charge

I just bought a groupon for $25 for 2 photo sheets and 3 images on CD. I've never actually used them.

We used Sears in the past (but they closed their studios). We averaged $50 for the prints we wanted.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    What about spending that money on a really nice camera and taking them (and future pics) yourself?
  • Options
    krnten said:
    What about spending that money on a really nice camera and taking them (and future pics) yourself?

DH and I are planning to be in the pics as well.
  • Options
    cece2682 said:
    Very reasonable! Ours charges 150/200 per session and 400 for cd with images. And that's the cheapest I found! Most want 1000-1500 for cd!!! Insane! I'm in the wrong business!!! Are you in jersey? Lol I want this photographer! Lol

Lol no we are in the Cincinnati area!
  • Options
    Very, very reasonable.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Options
    That is very reasonable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"