June 2013 Moms
Options

Hey baby, can I see that IUD?

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited September 2013 in June 2013 Moms
Did you know they used to use a similar device in camels? Fun fact.

(That last choice should read "nether" not "neither". Damn you autocorrect.)

Hey baby, can I see that IUD? 153 votes

I have an IUD and I love it.
10% 16 votes
I have an IUD and I'm indifferent about it.
7% 12 votes
I have an IUD and I hate it.
0% 1 vote
I had an IUD and had it removed.
3% 6 votes
I'm planning on getting an IUD.
7% 11 votes
I have no interest, I have a different contraceptive method.
37% 57 votes
I'm scared of IUDs.
23% 36 votes
No, Grace, I won't let you inspect my neither ya-ya.
8% 13 votes

Re: Hey baby, can I see that IUD?

• Options
    I love it. It just doesn't love me :)
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    The first couple of weeks that I had it, I hated it and contemplated getting it removed. I'm glad that I didn't because I love it now!!
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one for 4 years before getting pregnant and I loved it.  Once my OB clears me for it, I'm getting another one.  
  • Options
    Unfortunately I had a horrible experience with the mirena iud. First, insertion was worst than giving birth. Second the "cramping" and pain I was having was the iud going through my uterus and into my pelvic area. I dealt wih the pain for two weeks before calling the nurse line for them to tell me it is probably just getting used to being there and the pain could last a month. So I dealt with it for a month, went to my check up and what do you know? The dr couldn't find the strings, then he couldn't find it on ultrasound, so off to xray and there it was OUTSIDE my uterus. 4 days later I had surgery to remove it... i realize not everyone has this experience because I asked alot of my friends that have recently had babies and had zero problems! ...sorry its long, just my luck with iud (or lack thereof)
  • Options
    I'm one of the "scared" votes. After having to rush someone to the doctor's office because of a serious issue, I'm too chicken to get one.

• Options
    Anyone have paragard IUD or do you all have mirena? I've had paragard for one month, and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It's fine most of the time, but my period was horrible. I usually have pretty manageable periods, but for two days, I was going through a tampon almost every hour and using a pad for backup. They said this could happen, but I'm hoping it gets better....anyone else have this and have their periods get better?
  • Options
    I voted that you can't inspect my yaya. I've contemplated getting one and I'm also a scaredy cat. So yeah. I haven't made a move either way.

I didn't know you could have severe bleeding or pain with insertion!! Yikes! That makes me nervous.... And not want one.
  • Options
    hannahmp said:
    Anyone have paragard IUD or do you all have mirena? I've had paragard for one month, and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. It's fine most of the time, but my period was horrible. I usually have pretty manageable periods, but for two days, I was going through a tampon almost every hour and using a pad for backup. They said this could happen, but I'm hoping it gets better....anyone else have this and have their periods get better?
    I have the paragard and like you, I've only had it one month...my first period I just had more cramping and slightly heavier bleeding. For some it gets better but I hear heavier periods are the norm.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SS: I have considered an IUD, but I am not really too sure what I want to do yet. We have been using condoms in the meantime. Even if I get an IUD, we will still use condoms. I have heard too many stories about IUDs failing, so I would want extra insurance! We really don't want another kid for four years or so for a couple of reasons:

1) Having had a C section, my doctor recommends waiting a while to avoid complications due to getting pregnant too soon. I can't remember exactly how long, but I want to say at least 12-18 months.

2) Daycare is crazy expensive. If LO is 4 when we start trying again, he will be in elementary school by the time we have the baby, and we won't have to pay for two full-time daycare tuitions.
  • Options
    MissDei said:

hannahmp said:

I have the paragard and like you, I've only had it one month...my first period I just had more cramping and slightly heavier bleeding. For some it gets better but I hear heavier periods are the norm.

I have Paragaurd also. I've had it almost 3 months. My periods are heavier but I used to have super light periods. The first day or two sick but then it evens out. Meh, I'm ok with it since hormonal BC makes me crazy.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    If I hadn't read the responses first I would have chosen No Interest, but since I did I chose Skeered!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had a Mirena between DDs 1&2 but ended up with terrible insomnia but no periods. Thankfully I started sleeping normally within 3days of removal.

I have a Paragard now and like it so far. My period hasn't returned yet though.
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would never have an IUD as that was the form of BC my mom was using when she got pg with me. We used condoms and sleep deprivation as BC between our DS1 and DS2. We opted for a tubal during delivery with DS2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"