Baby Showers
Options

Who "should" throw/host the baby shower? When (how many weeks before) should it be?

hammysmommyhammysmommy member
edited September 2013 in Baby Showers
Okay, so I'm a FTBM (first time birth mom - stepdaughter is nearly 11), due at the end of February 2014.  I live in western NH, my mom lives in Florida, my sister lives in southern NH and my MIL lives in Massachusetts.  IMO, my mom is off the hook for hosting a shower, but I don't know who should be?  Also, am I supposed to ask them to help me throw/host one, or should they just "know" that they 'should'?  Or do I plan my own?

Next question:  When to have it...   So, we live in New England where the weather is a bit, unpredictable.  As I said, I'm due at the end of February, so when should the shower usually be?  In December we have Christmas so that makes things difficult for some people $-wise so asking them to drive to a shower for me, let alone bring a gift, seems to be asking a lot?

Or am I just over thinking?
formerly skoczera
~s.h.
38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       

Answers

• Options
    Thanks!  H was asking me if he's supposed to ask his mom - and that kinda skeeved me out...  I can't bring myself to remind her that she said she had a birthday card to mail me 4 weeks ago! :-)  Seems too rude.
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Options
    dufferoodufferoo member
    edited September 2013
    Agree with Ps that you shouldn't worry about any of these details, but if you rrrrrrreeeeeeeally want to know who should be throwing you a shower, all family members on both sides are "off the hook." The person who "should" be moved to throw you a shower is your best friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"