Success after IF
Options

I need some internet hugs (long)......

I've hesitated posting about this, b/c I hate airing my dirty laundry but I am in a bad place and need some support :(  And as you read on you may understand why there arent many people IRL I can talk to about this.....

So, right when I went back to work from Maternity leave - DH took a new job. The job was with a super small company (he was employee number 4).... The two women who own the company all but said ownership to him..... And they approached him about coming to work for them, not the other way around....It was the type of move we both thought would be a game changer for us, the opportunity seemed amazing and therefore, should have known it would be too good to be true.

In part of their discussions DH told them about a state grant program they could apply for - designed for small business and they could be awarded btwn 40 and 80K. However, per their discussions, his position was not contingent on this grant.

So after just a few weeks, these two owners started freaking out about money........in front of my husband none the less. He (in what I consider a HUGE mistake) told them they could hold  his first paycheck buying time for the grant money to come in. Somehow she turned this into the first two checks. He worked  for 2 months before he saw a single paycheck and when he finally got paid on 9/9, it was just one check, with the promise he would be all caught up by the end of the month.

About 3 weeks after he started, one of the owners started totally micro-managing him. She very quickly became very difficult to work for. His job was to do business development and  yet he got reeemed for taking a long lunch with a CEO of a local hospital - and then told he should focus on business that could be done via conference calls.

The kicker came the Friday before Labor day weekend when they called him (b/c they were both home while he was in the office that day in case somehting came up) and told him they were changing his salary effective October 1 to straight commission. As I am sure youc an all imagine, with LO's at home, NOT what you want to hear.... Especially when he hadn't even been there 2 months yet - so obviously was just getting started with building business.

This sent us into panic mode and we are SO SO SO fortunate that he found another job within a week. He actually started that new job this week. But not before she told him last week that she couldn't pay him......AGAIN. 

So, here we sit, 3 months after I went back to work from a partially unpaid leave, down thousands of dollars. We've pretty much killed our nest egg over the past few months since life's other commitments don't stop just b/c of this mess. They told him he would have a check as soon as the grant money came in and that was supposed to be this week. (blah blah blah blah)......He text one of them this morning - no response. Oh and best part - since he stayed in the industry, yesterday this old boss/owner called someone at the new company  and was questioning him on when DH started.... and said "how she fiinds it odd that he found a new job so quickly, and he must have been working it for a while, when she was paying him a salary..." Um - WTF!?!?!? How about you just let it go, be happy he saved you the headache and shut your piehole, since you actually haven't paid him a salary.

So, looks like there is a very good chance this is going to the state labor board. I am dumb founded. These women both have young kids and I dont for the life of me understand how you hire someone knowing you can't pay them. I am angry. I am depressed that my life has come to this and I am stressed to the max on finances. Paying a full time daycare bill is stressful enough in itself, adding this to it is like my worst nightmare. I've been crying all morning....I truly can't believe we're in this position. And the only downside to the new job is it's a small salary plus commission, so it's probably going to be about 2 months before the comissions start coming in, more the reason why we need all of the back wages stat.

UGH. So if anyone has some paycheck vibes they would like to send my way, please feel free. :(

Thanks for letting me vent!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: I need some internet hugs (long)......

• Options
    Ugh!!! That's so stressful. I am sending you lots of hugs and hopes for a quick resolution and a paycheck.
  • Options

I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this!!  I hope it's resolved quickly so you guys can move on.  Worrying about finances is the worst!!  Hugs to you!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh JB, I'm so sorry. That must be so stressful. Stressing about finances is the worst. Especially when there isn't much you can do about it. Sending you lots of hugs and praying things get better for you quickly.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Wow is all I can say to this! So dissapointing on so many levels. Please sue the @hit out of them for backpay he is owed!! Two he was hired under a specific agreement to then turn him to commission is BS! I'm so sorry that is such a stressful situation to be in. I really hope his new job is better. Small business can either be the most understanding, flexable places or the ones that crap on you the most!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Huge hugs. I'm so sorry. 

So question, do you have an attorney in the family or a close friend IRL? I worked for a small company that withheld my commission when I left (honestly, they couldn't afford to pay me). DHs grandmother is an attorney and wrote a letter giving them a payment plan over three months. Luckily they complied and we didn't have to pursue action, but me asking wasn't enough. is this something you could do? She doesn't even do this type of law, but just the attorney letterhead was enough to scare them. Also send the letter certified mail where they will have to sign receipt. I would avoid paying a lot for legal services since it doesn't sound like you can afford it and it may be a no-win situation. Collect all your documentation and have it ready. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Options
    Giant hugs to you! That is really crappy :(. I would be looking into legal action ASAP.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Oh gosh! That is crazy! I am so sorry your dh got screwed by these ladies. What are horrible thing to do to someone, especially someone who just had a new baby. I hope he gets paid soon hon. Sending tons of good vibes your way! (((((Hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Huge hugs. I'm so sorry. 

So question, do you have an attorney in the family or a close friend IRL? I worked for a small company that withheld my commission when I left (honestly, they couldn't afford to pay me). DHs grandmother is an attorney and wrote a letter giving them a payment plan over three months. Luckily they complied and we didn't have to pursue action, but me asking wasn't enough. is this something you could do? She doesn't even do this type of law, but just the attorney letterhead was enough to scare them. Also send the letter certified mail where they will have to sign receipt. I would avoid paying a lot for legal services since it doesn't sound like you can afford it and it may be a no-win situation. Collect all your documentation and have it ready. 

Yes, we actually do.

THe thing is - he did make them all of these offers and they just kept saying they couldn't afford to pay him. The sickest part - they say it matter of factly..... Not even like it's wrong. And not once have they apologized.

THe letter head is a good idea. He did tell them he wouldn't hesitate to go to the state labor board, but now he's waivering too much for my liking in an attempt to save face. Why bother? I actually know the answer to that - b/c he met them through a local organization that he is president of, and he knows there paths are going to keep crossing, but who cares, these girls deserve to be dragged through the mud and made to look horrendous.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• Options
    That's awful. It's crazy the kinds of ppl who can start a business who have no clue (and clearly no moral compass if they're ok with holding pay from a man who needs to support his family). So sorry. Praying things look up VERY quickly!
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm really sorry. I suggest your DH consult a labor lawyer.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Sending lots of hugs. Hope you can find a good resolution.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. I thought I would feel so much better after venting this out, but nope, still feel like crap :( DH has a connection with the state who did some digging today and found out the grant money is still probably 3 weeks away. Ugh. So we have decided to come up with a plan of action over the weekend. Frankly we can't wait 3 weeks to get paid for work he did in August (nor should we have to.) still, I feel like we are stuck against a wall and not very hopeful that we will get anywhere :( I am just so angry and know that I won't be able to relax until the money is deposited into our account. And I need this to happen so we can all move on. Tension is at an all time high around here and it's not fair. Lastly I am really hurt because my mom is the onky person in my family who knows all of this and she hasn't offered to help at all. I realize I am an adult and its NO ONE else's responsibility to help me out of this mess, but my god, just the offer would give me some relief. Instead I'm falling apart big time and she's apparently ok with watching and not even worried :(

• Options
    Oh, man!  That sucks!!!  Definitely take this to the labor board or the workforce commission and get the money that is owed you.  I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope it gets resolved sooner than later. Hugs!
    Me: 30, DH: 30
    ~*~Married 8/31/08~*~

DX: MFI due to Chemo/Stem Cell Transplant for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. RE said IVF is best option with DH's frozen boys.
    IVF #1 April 2012: Menopur and Bravelle; 1 egg retrieved, 0 fertilized. Boo.
    IVF #2 August 2012: Gonal-F 300, Menopur 300. Beta #1 9/6: 382... BFPx2!

Our boys couldn't wait to meet us! Colin and Kieran arrived March 26, 2013 at 33w1d.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"