Working Moms
Options

Intro and any advice?

Hi! I have been lurking the board for a few months and since I will be returning to work in a few weeks, thought this would be a good time to intro myself.

My LO was born Aug 31 and I'm completely smitten!  I just can't believe how fast the last 4 weeks have flown by! DH and I have been married 2.5 years and met in high school, ended up at the same college and have been together ever since (7 years!). Currently I am working on my PhD in biomedical engineering and have 2 or 3 years left. My biggest challenge with this is that DH and I moved an hour away from campus for his new job 1 week after my BFP, and I am (overly) stressed about being an hour away from LO's daycare. Especially since both DH and my dad could be there in 20 minutes if needed. That's all I can think of about me!

Now for a question (because I don't really like intro posts with no purpose)...

Every once in a while, there have been posts that give tons of really useful advice for moms about to return to work. I never remember to save these, so any advice you wonderful ladies have for when LO starts daycare? Also, if you do/did BF, how many bottles did you send to start with (for a 6 week old)? Our daycare requires that you send premade bottles and won't reoffer bottles if they don't drink it all. I'm worried that they will waste a ton a milk if I prep bottles with too much milk in them, but don't want to send too little either, and they won't keep frozen milk on hand as back-up.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Re: Intro and any advice?

• Options
    Is that the ONLY daycare that you can put your LO in?  Being an EBF, that would have been a deal breaker for me.  I think it's dumb to waste a bottle if they don't drink it.  It can be re-refrigerated for that day.  Not keeping frozen milk is weird also for me..but I've never had to deal with that. Being that young, I would think that 3-4 oz bottles, 4x (depending on how long he/she is in their care) would be sufficient.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

First, welcome and congrats on your baby! Some daycares, while they can't "reoffer" a bottle, they can send home what the baby doesn't drink. It might be worth asking if they can do that for you for use at home. I was also going to suggest sending 2 oz bottles. For that age, depending on how long you are gone, you could maybe plan on sending around 12 oz or so at first.

photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! My advice: pack and prepare as much as you can the night before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"