2nd Trimester
Options

Hot button topic...vaccinations.

13»

Re: Hot button topic...vaccinations.

• Options
    I love how you ignored the ENTIRE center section highlighting only what you wanted to, took them out of context and made a response based upon that. Bravo 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, has anyone wished a deadly disease on anyone else's child in here? If so I've missed it.

I don't want your darn kids to get sick from a preventable disease for a few reasons. One, it's not their fault their vaccinated on a delayed schedule, and two, I don't want it spread around to others who may have not vaccinated for actual medical reasons.

No one wants sick or dead kids. That's kind of why people get so mad when parents choose not to vaccinate for dumbass reasons.

image image
  • Options
    O FFS Vaccines DO NOT, I repeat, do NOT Cause Autism. I work with Autistic children, I have spent the THREE years of my life working with Autistic children. And, being an educator, I will ALWAYS work with autistic children. In my state, in order to even become a teach, we have to have special education classes. You can pick an area of focus for those classes. Guess what, I decided to be the best teacher I can be, I would take more than one special education class. So guess, I also studied Autism for a full university school year. Lastly, my older brother is on the spectrum. GUESS what, yes he was vaccinated, but so where my other 6 (yes, I said 6) siblings. None of the rest of us are on the spectrum. NONE,  NONE, of the parents of ANY  of the parents I have worked with have ever said "Oh I wish I didn't vaccinate my child because now they are autistic"  Furthermore, as many PPs have said, that study was bullshit. It's was a fraud and a fake. So please, please, stop saying that vaccines cause autism. Just F'in stop it now!

Side note: Yes, I have words in all capital letters, and bolded, but they need to be so you can understand just how upsetting your theory is. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    TsengAkeraTsengAkera member
    edited October 2013
    All you guys can do is focus on that, you all ignore everything else said and have since the original post. I made a small mention of it in my original post and stated I wanted to do more research on it before I made a final decision because of what I have seen my entire life. I wasn't going to buy into one source. (science wise)  

Naturally none of the people on here read that they just saw the word "vaccine" and "autism" in a sentence and latched on like a man dying of thirst to a bottle of water and dead set refuse to drop it. 

• Options
    WinnieellaWinnieella member
    edited October 2013
    I guess I am one of the rare people on this website that also plan on spacing them out. Most of them there is no reason for them to be gotten so young. The chicken pox is one I won't give them since the vaccine is only a temporary thing and getting the disease naturally gives you a life long immunity. Yes you can get shingles from chickenpox but it only takes a little bit of research to learn shingles is caused by the virus reawakening in the body which is almost always caused to the weakening of the immune system either due to stress or age (note why most Shingles patients are elderly) I got the chicken pox naturally, my husband got them naturally.. hell both our families have gotten them naturally and now other than possible shingles in our future we don't have to worry about contracting the disease as adults which is many times worse than contracting it as a child. Which with the vaccine you can still contract the disease it's not full proof. 

Hep B, that one can wait a while as the only way to contract hep B is through direct contact with bodily fluid and or blood. I don't plan on my infant having sex or sucking on somebody's bloody finger that has hep B. 

TDaP is about the only one I can really fully agree on being done that early on as I have read the horror stories that come from whooping cough. MMR I am going to do a hell of a lot more research on that one as that is the shot my brother got and not long after started showing signs of Autism. (They claim it doesn't, but I trust big billion dollar government sanctioned pharmaceuticals as far as I can drop kick the white house.) 

Eventually my children will get vaccinated whether it be by natural immunity or medical, i'm just not going to shoot up a infant with every known drug to man. They can be spaced out over time.  
    I reread your OP, guess what, you are linking vaccines to autism. You also don't seem to understand the importance of some vaccines. 

1. After getting the booster for the vaccine, you will have life long immunity.(I know this since I have to get the vaccine because even though I got the Chicken Pox as a child, I found out I'm not immune.) Also, chicken pox can be deadly in adults and infants. Lastly, if someone who hasn't had the vaccine or Chicken pox is by someone with Shingles, they could catch the Chicken Pox.

2. You say you are going to do more research, but what research is there to do. The study was false and it has been proven the MMR vaccine doesn't cause Autism. Also, you say you don't trust the big pharmaceutical companies. So therefore, you are going to be going into your research with a biased opinion. 

ETA: Grammar
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
  • Options

msmerymac said:
    Um, 2 is the age when most people get MMR and 2 is the age when signs of autism usually begin presenting. 
    That's funny, while I might not be the best at math.. 12 months is not two years old. Which anyone that goes onto the CDC website and looks at the recommended charts which is what most doctors follow the first MMR shot is given between 12 and 15 months. 

Even Vaccine.gov states the first MMR is suggested between 12 and 15 months

Which considering the ARI states most symptoms show prior to 18 months, that tends to fit more with the coincidence thing since the MMR is given prior to 18 months if you follow the CDC guidelines.  

Is your brother currently 2? Has he been 2 in the last 5 years? The schedule is changed and updated frequently as new vaccines are introduced. In the early 1980s (when I got the MMR vaccine - at age 2), there were only about 7 diseases children were routinely vaccinated for (measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus and polio), so the spacing of vaccines was different. As there are now about 24 doses, the CDC schedule has changed based on importance and where children are developmentally.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    WinnieellaWinnieella member
    edited October 2013
    msmerymac said:

msmerymac said:
    Um, 2 is the age when most people get MMR and 2 is the age when signs of autism usually begin presenting. 
    That's funny, while I might not be the best at math.. 12 months is not two years old. Which anyone that goes onto the CDC website and looks at the recommended charts which is what most doctors follow the first MMR shot is given between 12 and 15 months. 

Even Vaccine.gov states the first MMR is suggested between 12 and 15 months

Which considering the ARI states most symptoms show prior to 18 months, that tends to fit more with the coincidence thing since the MMR is given prior to 18 months if you follow the CDC guidelines.  

Is your brother currently 2? Has he been 2 in the last 5 years? The schedule is changed and updated frequently as new vaccines are introduced. In the early 1980s (when I got the MMR vaccine - at age 2), there were only about 7 diseases children were routinely vaccinated for (measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus and polio), so the spacing of vaccines was different. As there are now about 24 doses, the CDC schedule has changed based on importance and where children are developmentally.
    I feel the need for this GIF

blogbutton badge!!!
  • Options
    https://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2013/04/11/teens-death-from-chickenpox-highlights-need-for-vaccination-cdc-reports

"THURSDAY, April 11 (HealthDay News) -- The death from chickenpox of an otherwise healthy 15-year-old Ohio girl should remind parents of the importance of vaccination against the disease, U.S. health officials reported Thursday.

The teenager was admitted to the hospital with severe chickenpox, also known as varicella, and died three weeks later because of serious complications, according to a case study provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Varicella can be deadly, even in seemingly normal individuals," said Dr. Kenneth Bromberg, director of the Vaccine Research Center and chairman of pediatrics at the Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York City.

"It is likely that death would have been prevented with prior vaccination," he said."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    All you guys can do is focus on that, you all ignore everything else said and have since the original post. I made a small mention of it in my original post and stated I wanted to do more research on it before I made a final decision because of what I have seen my entire life. I wasn't going to buy into one source. (science wise)  

Naturally none of the people on here read that they just saw the word "vaccine" and "autism" in a sentence and latched on like a man dying of thirst to a bottle of water and dead set refuse to drop it. 
    I'm sorry, we won't let it go? YOU are the one that "latched on like a man dying of thirst to a bottle of water and dead set refuse to drop it." You have held onto this false information your entire life and even though it has been proven wrong you can't let it go and move on. YOU ignore all the real research and cling to what your mother told you. And you did buy into one source, your mother. But, your mother is so much smarter than science, right?
  • Options
    car seat said:
    I got the chicken pox when I was 17, during my final exam period. It was pure hell. I wish very much that it could have been prevented for me through a vaccine. I don't understand why you wouldn't do that for your child.
    @car seat, I was in high school as well, and I had an infant brother that got them from me. MY poor, poor mother.

imageimage
  • Options

(I do love how people on this forum can't read, most people here have said delayed vaccines with most not doing the chicken pox. But yet everyone is screaming they aren't vaccinating them.) 
    With the reasoning that Chicken Pox is no big deal ... which is wrong. It almost put me in the hospital. It killed others. 
    You know, I would just like to point out that I did not say Chicken Pox is no big deal. I said it's no big deal before the age of 10. Like others here, I did a lot of research before making any decisions to delay, and all the research I did said that contracting Chicken Pox naturally as a child gives you better immunity than the vaccine. My pediatrician agreed. By the time my son is ten years old, if he has not had it/developed immunity naturally, I will have him vaccinated. It is a much more dangerous disease as a teenager/adult.

I'm late to the party and I'm sure this has already been said, but I'm going to say it just to make sure.
    Most of the time chicken pox is just miserable for young children. Sometimes, it's deadly. I truly, honest to God almost died from chicken pox when I was about 3. I wasn't just sick, the drs were preparing my family for my death.
    So yes, it absolutely can be a big deal.
  • Options
    Google image "chicken pox death". One of the first horrific images that pops up is a picture of a small child taken after his death from chicken pox. It's a real autopsy photo with a real story behind it. It's awful. Chicken pox is more than just sores on the body. Anyone who would purposely expose their child to a disease is a raging idiot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"