Boston Babies

Looking for a new ob/gyn on the South Shore

I am looking for a new ob/gyn on the South Shore - I found South Shore Women's Health or Crown Colony Ob/Gyn.

Does anyone from this area go to either of these practices?

Re: Looking for a new ob/gyn on the South Shore

• I go to Crown OBGyn and love them!! I would highly recommend them.
  • Hey,

I went to South Shore Women's Health throughout my pregnancy.  The facility is brand new so it is clean and bright and very nice. Wait time is reasonable most days and the staff is very nice.  However, it is a group practice(with the idea that you will get appointments easily and get to know everyone) which is great for some people, but for me I felt like I never really got to know anyone and could never remember which doctor I was seeing or had seen before because there are so many doctors and NPs that you rotate through.  Also, I never felt as though anyone had a clear idea of my history because there was no consistency.  Lastly, I never felt as though anyone had time to hear my questions (with a first pregnancy there are so many!), I would often stop people on the way out the door and say "hey! can I just ask a quick question?!"
      So I hope that is helpful, I am trying to be fair to them, but I finished my pregnancy feeling very frustrated with my experience there.  I don't know anything about Crown.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm currently using the south shore women's health center.  I like that it's all women at the practice, which was important to me.  I've been writing down all the names of the people I've seen so that I remember the ones that I like and the ones that I didn't like.  I do have the same frustration that there isn't any consistency, but I haven't had a problem with asking questions.  I often just email my questions and get an answer the next business day.  In an emergency you can call the office and talk to an ob/gyn (day or night).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"