February 2012 Moms
Options

I won't allow it

Last week there was a discussion about toys that our children are attached to.  I mentioned I don't allow Timmy to be attached to anything specific.  His comfort items are Pacifiers and Blankets.  Someone remarked it was kinda harsh.   And I thought through my perfect parenting (please read the sarcasm) that we had avoided attachment to a special blanky or toy.   Especially since I read so many of your children have a particular thing they love and need.  

I swear a switch flipped or something because this weekend the kid wanted one certain blanket.  And it was flilthy and gross.   I kept sneaking it away replacing with with a fluffly clean blanket and he would go and search the whole damm house for it.  Then he would find it, he sniffed it out (it stank that bad). We had to take it with us EVERYWHERE this weekend.   

So I snuck it away last night when he fell asleep and washed it.  Didn't get a chance to get it in the dryer.  He woke up this a.m. crying for blanket.  I gave him another blanket but he wanted "Blanket".  So I gave it to him wet thinking he'd reject it.  Oh no, he loved on that damm thing so much.

I was reflecting on everything this morning on my drive to work.  The universe just gave me a big "I won't allow it". I swear just when I think I know what I'm doing the universe goes and says "Nope not yet".   

I WAS WRONG!!  :)   
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I won't allow it

• Options
    I'm sorry, that made me giggle a little bit.
    We had to wash J's Puppy last night, because it was getting nasty. We had to sneak it out of his crib after he was asleep. This morning he woke up a little early, clearly very upset. I went and got Puppy from the dryer and gave it to him. He gave him a big squeeze, laid down, and went back to sleep. Apparently, he was just upset that he'd woken up and Puppy wasn't there anymore.
    Not sure how this happened, he wasn't nearly this attached until he started day care three weeks ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, this made me giggle too!  My mom always told us that when we had kids to never say "Never" or "My kid won't..."  Isn't it funny how life teaches us lessons sometimes.  You better go find more of "that" blanket to have as back up! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup. The universe is always in control.
  • Options
    definitely giggled a bit here, since I was the one who commented on your statement.  If I've learned anything from parenthood it's that you should never say never, and you really should never judge another mother if you haven't been in her shoes!  :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"