MSPI Question — The Bump
Food Allergy

MSPI Question

XP:
Hello, my DS is 3.5 months old and has been diagnosed with MSPI.  For those of you that are going through/have gone through the same thing, how long did it take for your little one's stools to become normal after you eliminated the food(s) he/she was intolerant of?  I have been off of dairy, soy, fish, shellfish, all nuts, wheat, garlic and eggs for a few weeks.  Unfortunately, his stool is still mucousy.  So, I am wondering if this means he is intolerant of yet another food or if it just takes time for the stools to return to normal?  Any feedback is appreciated, this is not fun :(.

Re: MSPI Question

• It can take a few weeks. Are you sure you've been avoiding even hidden sources of dairy, soy, and wheat? Those three are especially sneaky. A Google search can help you find some lists of ingredients to watch out for. Have you thought about any vitamins, supplements, or medications you or LO are taking? Also, was your LO tested for any illnesses that could be causing the mucousy stools? Teething can also cause mucousy stools.
    I post a weekly check-in for MSPI mamas on the Breastfeeding board: http://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12083309/mspi-moms-weekly-check-in?new=1
    And all our posts are archived on our blog: mspimoms.blogspot.com
    HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards