Dads & Dads-to-be

How do I get GF to forgive me?

I am an idiot and I admit that. My GF has been patient with my issues and got advice from this site on how to deal with issues. I being the idiot that I am was playing video games and talking to her about baby names and I told her we should name our baby Peach for a girl because then if a date comes to get her I could tell them she is at a different castle and if they don't get it then they can't date her. She got mad at me and started to cry so I told her I was joking (which I was) and she started crying more saying I wasn't serious about the baby. I then told her (thinking this would cheer her up) that we should name our son Mario and if we have another boy later down the road we should name him Luigi. She threw the baby book at me and went to her friend's house. I can't buy her flowers because of our cats and my mom says chocolate is bad for a pregnant lady even though I bought her an ice cream last night and a movie she wanted to see from the redbox. Please help I am desperate
Lilypie - (QYVI)
Daisypath - (cbj9)

Re: How do I get GF to forgive me?

• Personally I found the jokes to be pretty funny.  Hormones will reek havoc on women during pregnancy which is probably why she wasn't amused. If you haven't already, my suggestion would be to start doing baby name research on your own, make a list of names you like, and then show it to her so she can see that you are taking it seriously.

And as for chocolate being bad for a pregnant woman, I would say her mother is full of shit.  MW would have cut me if I said no to her chocolate cravings during the pregnancy.

• @futant462 it was my mother who said chocolate is bad for pregnant ladies. She finally called me and said she was sorry for throwing the book at me and being hormonal but her friend wanted her to stay the night. We have a list of our top sixteen names (8 girls, 8 boys) picked out. Thanks for your support
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry @LokiFollower, I read it wrong.  But still, there are no issues with pregnant women eating chocolate.  Seriously, I have no idea where she got that info.

• To start, I love the names.  Baby names not only reflect the personality you hope for your little one, but they reflect on the parents as well.  I wanted thought ln would be a great name for a little girl (Pronounce Ellen, or natural log...a math thing...I thought I was being clever).   It sounds like maybe hormones and stress were messing with her a little.

It is good to hear it sounds like you two have things worked out.

• futant462 said:
    Personally I found the jokes to be pretty funny.  Hormones will reek havoc on women during pregnancy which is probably why she wasn't amused. If you haven't already, my suggestion would be to start doing baby name research on your own, make a list of names you like, and then show it to her so she can see that you are taking it seriously.

And as for chocolate being bad for a pregnant woman, I would say her mother is full of shit.  MW would have cut me if I said no to her chocolate cravings during the pregnancy.
    I think it's fine to joke around, but the issue sounds like you're not following it up with serious, constructive discussion.

I'm going to teach you one of the secrets to being a man and a good husband:

Take the phrases "I don't know" and "I don't care" and turn them into "I'm not sure. What you do you think?"

That phrase has saved my ass so many times. When my wife asks me if her clothes/hair/make-up look ok? "I'm not sure. What you do you think?"

For this specific issue, I think you should brainstorm a list of 3-5 girl and boy names you like. She may hate all of them, and that's fine. It shows you care and are trying.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Maybe she is a SEGA kinda girl?

Take her out to a fancy dinner like Sizzler. Give her your undivided attention. Talk about the baby and your hopes and dreams for it. Perhaps, narrow down the top 8 to the top 5.

Take her out to look at baby clothes afterward then grab a smoothie for a night cap.

When you get home rub her feet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maybe she is a SEGA kinda girl?  
    I love me some Streets of Rage 2

• LokiFollowerLokiFollower member
    edited September 2013
    She actually likes the Mario games it was her who got me stuck on the games and the I'm not sure what do you think only works so many times before it doesn't work. Thank gosh for chocolate though because I went to her friend's house and gave her a box of chocolate. We're gonna go baby shopping now and then out to dinner
    EXTRA: Can you do me a favor and vote on our top ten names (5 girls, 5 boys) please go to this website https://www.babynames.com/namelist/9835882
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Memphis James is bad ass.

I like that one a lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MW didn't like that I was pulling up old Germanic and Gaelic names for our LO.  We ended up agreeing early on about his middle name to pass along my grandfather's name through the middle name like my dad did with my brother.

If we are lucky to have a second one MW knows that I will drag up the olde names again because I think they are cool.  I have a very common name while MW's name is more unique.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Wulfgar: Gaelic names are totally on trend.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Memphis James is bad ass. I like that one a lot.
    That's the one I picked out
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • @Wulfgar my GF has a unique name to while I have a more common one. Which is why we wanted our LO to have a unique name because it will make them stand out more at least that's what I think. I personally like Gaelic names and looked at some but we are happy with our list. Thanks for voting everyone!
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"