August 2012 Moms
Options

albuterol in nebulizer mamas come in please!

I gave Emery a dose of Albuteral this morning in a nebulizer we have from when Joaquin had some seasonal breathing issues that he has since outgrown.

Emery has had one other occurance of breathing issues when he was a few months younger and my nurse suggested we go ahead and use the albuterol at the time even though the meds weren't for Emery.  At that time we were able to successfully treat with steam and benadryl so we didn't have to use the neb.  But it was okay'd by our doc.

SO THE QUESTION:  Holy crap will Emery ever sleep again?  He's skipping his nap even though he must be exhausted after last night and this morning.  Is this normal?  I'd turn to Dr google but you know what a douche he can be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: albuterol in nebulizer mamas come in please!

• Options
    Yea, albuterol is a wicked demon. Cues your baby but never lets them sleep. Eventually he'll st least be still.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been using albuterol in a neb since I was 8. For me, it sends adrenaline through my body and keeps me awake. He'll be okay in a few hours, but don't expect a nap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry! I didn't have this issue with albuterol.... my kid is a freak of nature.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    New to this but normal. Sam went through this last night and one minute he was all over the place and the next he passed out! It makes them hyper but should wear off within a few hours.
  • Options
    He will sleep again! The few times we've needed to use it, I tried to time for when he woke. It took me off guard the first time! I've been using albuterol in nebulizer and inhaler form since I was a kid and it never had that effect on me.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"