School-Aged Children

Update: We survived ComicCon!

Actually, we more than just "survived" it.  The weekend was a smash success.  DH, DS, and I helped DD find her friends, then we went off and enjoyed the convention.  There were certainly some strange people there, but also a ton of families with kids.  We left the convention in the afternoon but stayed in the city and had lunch.

Auntie -- we did see some folks who were most likely Furries, but no one was doing anything inappropriate.  Apparently there's an "over 18" zone at Otakon, which is more geared toward gaming and anime than strictly comics.  We have until late next summer before we have to deal with that!  

My DD officially said it was "the best weekend ever" and we are "the best parents ever" for working it out that she could attend and for making her an awesome costume.  She was the only one at the entire convention dressed as her character, and she was getting a lot of compliments.  Not bad coming from a 13 y/o!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade

Re: Update: We survived ComicCon!

• Glad it went so well. I still don't know I I would feel even a month from now dropping her off in a city an hour away for anything even if it was a bible study but I love how you handled it
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"