May 2012 Moms
Options

Not a fan of nap transition..

Some days its two, some days its one.  I would prefer to phase out the morning nap, but my babysitter puts him down in the morning,  and then in the afternoon he fights the nap, so I end up with a cranky mess that has been up for 8 hours by bed time.

It seems like if we are home all day he still wants two naps, but if he spends half at the babysitter and half at home he won't take the second one. 

What are your LOs doing now? 1 or 2?  I actually like the days that he takes one nap after lunch for about 2 hours.  He just passes out by that time and sleeps really well.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Not a fan of nap transition..

• Options
    LO takes 1 nap a day. Some days, like today, she wont take any nap expect maybe a little 20 minute cat nap. Any mommas still getting two naps in, enjoy it! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    He still flip flops between one or two. He seems to be mostly at just one. But if he gets up early one day and needs a nap early, he may need another one later. Like you mentioned, though, some days he will fight that later nap and then it is just all out meltdown mode by bedtime :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been horrible here. She still gets tired about 3-4 hours after she wakes, but if I put her down for a nap in the morning, she still won't take a second nap and ends up being awake for 7-8 hours before bed, which is awful. I've been stretching her to 5 hours until nap time. I keep hoping she will start to lengthen her nap, but it's still only 75 minutes like her morning nap used to be (you could set a watch by this kid's body clock!). And she still doesn't sleep more than 11 hours at night. I tried moving bedtime a little earlier, but then she just wakes earlier inthe morning, doesn't get any extra sleep. The last few hours before bedtime have become pretty awful. I am losing hope on her ever being a good sleeper.

• Options
    We seem to be settling into a pattern of wake at 8, nap at 11- 1 or 2, bed at 8-9. If he goes down for an earlier nap he will likely take two naps.
  • Options
    We have had a 7 am wake up nap from noon to one and bed at 7 for a little over a month. Seems to be working well
    Tara
  • Options
    One nap from after lunch until 2 ever since he moved to the pre-toddler room at 12.5 months. Same schedule at home too. It works wonderfully for us.
  • Options
    We've been 1 nap since about 11months. It's so nice having both kids on the same schedule!

image   image

• Options
    Lucas is not on a schedule our lives just don't fit one so it depends on the day and has for a long time. I like the flexibility.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    We still NEED 2 naps. Kyler seriously still sleeps 17 hours on an average day.
    12-13 hours overnight, 1.5-2 hours for a morning nap, 2.5-3.5 hours for an afternoon nap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

12-13 hours overnight, 1.5-2 hours for a morning nap, 2.5-3.5 hours for an afternoon nap.

I wish!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    bellelamb said:

I wish!!
    OMG, I am so envious! I'm lucky if DD gets more than 12!

• Options

Wow that must be amazing! :-)

• Options
    Seriously... I'm loving it!!!
    He will literally get cranky when he's tired and will run down the hall to his bedroom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ha!  DS does tell me when he wants a nap to.  Grabs his binky and sippy cup and goes upstairs.  But when I know he needs one and he doesn't want to stop it is more difficult.  Today he was back to two naps with no problem.  I guess its day-by-day. :)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    This is why I love daycare.  She's on one nap, right after lunch.  Wakes up around 6:30, naps 12-2 ish, bedtime at 7:45.  If we go to my parents' on the weekend (1.5hr away), she'll take a short nap in the car in the morning, but still gets about an hour in the afternoon. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    He was taking one at the end of the summer and then when I started school he got used to waking around 6am so on the weekends he will usually take two for me again.  At daycare though they only have him nap in the afternoon.  They say he has awesome days but by the time I get him home he is ready to eat dinner and go to bed!  For LO it seems to depend on how early he wakes in the morning.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"