Nurseries and Baby Gear

Arms reach co sleeper... pad, sheets?

Our friend gave us her arms reach co sleeper (regular size) however, the pad that it brings for some reason looks to me that its too thin for all night sleeping. 

Should I get like a pack n play mattress or another pad?

How about sheets? can normal crib sheets work or get better the ones for the sleeper? Where can I find cheap ones? I will only be using it for the first 3 months or so

TIA!

Re: Arms reach co sleeper... pad, sheets?

• If it's the pad that came with the Arm's Reach then it's going to be pretty much the same thickness/firmness as anything else you buy in that size. The pads aren't really designed to be all that soft because the theory is that baby should be sleeping on a firm surface. Having said that, I did find the pad to seem pretty uncomfortable feeling so I swapped it out for the organic mattress. It's still not super fluffy or anything but instead of being covered in the waterproof plastic it's covered in fabric. 

The sheets are a different size than standard crib sheets but pack n play sheets will fit. That's what we used on ours mostly and they worked great. You can find them in most stores that sell baby products. I probably bought mine on Amazon because that's where I buy everything but Target or Wal Mart will have them. 

I adored our Arm's Reach! DS was in it far too long, we finally moved him when he got big enough to sit up and lean over the rail, but we used it again in play yard mode when we went on vacation and it was great. HTH!

imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Natalie97Natalie97 member
    edited September 2013
    I have the original sized one and it is awesome. My son slept in it for 3 months and it was so nice to reach out to him and make sure his swaddling blanket was on or to check on his breathing. I preferred the pad to the mini cosleeper because the mini one always looked bunched up at the stores. I would place a blanket over the mattress with a waterproof liner above it and then the sheet. Not sure if another mattress would have worked better, button son slept fine.

As for sheets, we bought the Graco pack n play sheets and they fit well.

I loved that it later works well as a play pen so we've gotten a lot of use out of it! Hope you love it too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are also using a borrowed co-sleeper but not attaching it to the bed. Using it like a mini pack n play. It came with sheets but I have been putting down either a sheet saver or changing pad liner for the few times of diaper leaks rather than changing the whole sheet like we did the first night. I see the sheets listed on amazon so you should be able to pick up a few there.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"