1st Trimester
Options

How long after stopping the pill did it take for you to get pregnant?

So I know it's wishful thinking, but I am feeling so many different pregnancy symptoms shortly after stopping the bcp (3 weeks ago). I had a regular menstrual cycle right as I stopped the pill which I have read is a good sign. Just 4 days ago (Aug26th)  I started feeling different symptoms: very sleepy, slight nausea, cramping, thick discharge & dizziness. With my last pregnancy, I didn't notice any symptoms until about 7 weeks along (after I already had a BFP).

Our plan is to not try just go with the flow in order to not stress out about it too much, but that is much easier said than done!!!

I know it's way too early to test, but the wait is driving me crazy! Is it possible I could have O'd this first month or is it more likely that I am just experiencing these symptoms due to stopping the pill? How soon after stopping BC did you guys out there get preggo?

Re: How long after stopping the pill did it take for you to get pregnant?

• Options
    I stopped BCP in March and received my BFP in July.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had one period coming off of Seasonale, then got pregnant that next cycle. I thought it would take a lot longer to regulate my cycle, too. Nope.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stopped in January and got my bfp in july.

• Options
    The month I stopped it, we didn't actually "try" in order to give my body a chance to regulate itself. But we started the next month, and I got pregnant right away. So technically it took 2 months.
  • Options
    Given that people get pregnant ON the pill all the time, it's definitely possible to get pregnant your first cycle off the pill.   
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To add a little more, I have heard that if I am pregnant enough to be getting symptoms, then I am pregnant enough to get a positive test....what are your thoughts on that? Isn't it too early to test still?
  • Options
    laurenann89laurenann89 member
    edited August 2013
    If I'm reading your original post correctly, you had a period right after coming off the pill which was three weeks ago, which means you are at the most 2 weeks and a few days pregnant, depending on how long your period lasted, if you ovulated right after your period. Even if this was the case, you would have just barely implanted, if it even has, and it's only after implantation that you will start to feel any symptoms. Based on your dates, it's pretty unlikely that you would be feeling anything related to pregnancy right now, and you definitely would not test positive on a hpt.
  • Options
    I stopped in March 2013 and I was pregnant in June 2013 so it can definitely happen pretty quickly.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

10 months and crazy long irregular cycles after I got off BCP and finally got pg with DS.

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's definitely possible.  With DS, I stopped taking birth control, had a period and then come pregnant the next cycle.  With this one, I stopped taking birth control before I started trying, so I stopped, had a period in April, May, tried in June and got pregnant in July.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    26 days. Seriously.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I could only be so lucky!

I guess I am basically trying to figure out what type of experiences people have had with both getting preggo and the feelings once they stopped bcp. These are all new experiences (symptoms) I am having which I know could very well be effects from stopping the pill. I have been on it for so long that I do not remember experiencing this last time which was 11 years ago.
    Thanks to everyone for sharing!! :-)
  • Options
    I stopped in march and got a bfp on mother's day
  • Options
    I stopped in Nov. 2013, had a chem. pregnancy in March and now pregnant just this month. So a total of 10 months from stopping bc to having a successful BFP.
  • Options
    With DD it took 11 months from stopping Seasonique (the 4 periods a year pill) to BFP. With this one it was the first cycle after stopping the mini pill (POP). I had no period in between this time.
  • Options
    It was my first cycle off.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Options
    Off BC for a couple months, we but still were "safe" about it, first time we decided not to be safe (and I knew I should be ovulating) we got pregnant. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I stopped my bc June first and got my bfp July 16
  • Options
    I stopped the pill in December '12. I got pregnant exactly five minutes later. 

Well, not that soon, but it was maybe a couple of weeks. Maybe. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I stopped taking BC the end of March. We started trying to conceive in June, and we got our BFP in August. So a total of 5 months.

• Options
    I stopped my pill in May. We didn't start trying (really we were NTNP) until 3 weeks ago.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Both times it only took like two weeks. With my daughter I finished a pack in early feb and was pregnant by the end of the month. This time I stopped at the beginning of July and was pregnant by the end of the month. We seem to get very, very lucky!
  • Options
    I got off the pill in September 2011 and got my BFP at the end of March 2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Options
    Almost two years.  We had been actively TTC for 13+ months.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    The first time, it took a month. The second one took two months, which ended in a chemical pregnancy.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    2nd cycle, 3 months. Both cycles were long (45 days+) coming off bc but still ended up with the bfp.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    13 months but I have PCOS and high prolactin
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I stopped taking the pill in December when my prescription ran out. We used other forms of BC until mid-March when we started "not preventing". Got my positive test in June.

• Options
    Stopped BC at the end if January 2013. 1st BFP July 4, 2013. Miscarriage July 9, 2013. 2nd BFP Sept. 10, 2013. Currently about 7 1/2 weeks pregnant! :)

• Options
    Took out Nuva Ring July 25th, 2013... Had positive test August 26th,2013!
    Mommy to Maveric Von 10-28-2005
    Wife to John 08-17-2013
    Mommy Round 2 to Baby H as of 08-26-2013 (date of positive test :) )

• Options
    2.5 years not counting when I had to take it for ivf.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    I stopped my BCP July 23 and received my BFP August 27.  It's very easy if you watch your ovulation =]
  • Options
    My doctor put me on the pill because I didn't get a period for 2 years without it. I stopped taking the pill mid July and got my BFP early August, which means I got pregnant 2 weeks off the pill, even with having crazy cycles. So it's definitely possible!

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    I got pregnant on the pill. Anything is possible.
  • Options
    @nicoleee89 we are so close!!
    Mommy to Maveric Von 10-28-2005
    Wife to John 08-17-2013
    Mommy Round 2 to Baby H as of 08-26-2013 (date of positive test :) )

• Options
    I believe everyone is different! How long did it take for your cycle to become regular..? That's your answer

• Options
    I got pregnant on my third cycle after stopping BC.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Bfp first month off bcp
  • Options
    I stopped the pill in March and just got my BFP, so 5 months/4 cycles.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I took my last pill on May 5 and started trying right away. I got my BFP on August 19, so it took about 3-4 months for me.

BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"