September 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC: I can't believe I did that!

L8kissieL8kissie member
edited August 2013 in September 2012 Moms
I have one that totally deserves flaming, so I'll start. We were on an Alaskan cruise for the last week and a half with my mom and her husband. The day we were supposed to go to Skagway, the winds were too strong to dock. The captain diverted to Haines, which was super tiny and not touristy (lovely to be honest). Our planned train trip on the historic train was not possible anymore, so we did a tour with Anytime Tours. It was seriously a mom in a minivan. Although a great tour, I rode in the van without a carseat for dd. It was very rural with little traffic, but I deserve a flaming. I'll be back once my NyQuil wears off and it's daytime to take my punishment and to see what y'all have been up to while I was gone.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FFFC: I can't believe I did that!

• Options
    I have been having some major back pain for the past few months (I am seeing a Doc). While it hurts most in the mornings, I have been using it as my excuse all day to get out of crap around the house. Really though, it is just an excuse to get DH more involved. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    @l8kissie did you not ask what the tour involved?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @l8kissie - why didn't you ask ahead of time? Why didn't you turn around once you realized? Bad choice. I'm not usually one to flame, but the risk doesn't seem worth the reward here.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    @l8kissie. I mean, you knew it wasnt safe. but truthfully, what could you have done? You probably didnt even have a carseat with you, did you? Did you ask the tourguide if she had a seat for LO? I mean, I guess someone could have stayed on the boat with her, (which is probably what I would have done) but at least nothing happened and she is ok

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm irrationally jealous of all the moms planning on going to the GTG that have no (or limited) reservations about leaving their LO's. I don't know if I could do it

• Options
    icedcoffeeluvicedcoffeeluv member
    edited August 2013

I'm pretty sure my parents are splitting up for good after about 30+ years of marriage. While I know that in the end it is probably what is best for them I am so sad about it. Like I cried most of the day yesterday at work.

The flameful part of this is that the reasons I am sad are so selfish. I don't want to figure out a new way to handle life and holidays and weekends. My Mom and I are so close and I don't want to have to not spend time with her on these holidays so we can spend time with my Dad. I also want my girls to know them how I have known them my whole life.

Another flameful part is I am so mad that this is happening a week before the girls first birthday. I am going to have a really hard time getting through their party with them both there and the way things are. The girls won't remember it but I will forever have this cloud over their party day.

I feel like at 31 years old I should be able to handle this and not feel this way.

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    I'm irrationally terrified about sending DD to daycare. I don't know why. I went to daycare, all my friends' kids go to daycare, and I know it's perfectly fine. We're going on a tour of one today, and I'm sick to my stomach over it.

• Options
    @icedcoffeeluv my parents split a few years back after 25 years. It sucked and I understand your selfish reasons. If you need to talk you can pm me. Divorcing parents suck even when you are an adult.
                  image     image
  • Options
    I'm irrationally jealous of all the moms planning on going to the GTG that have no (or limited) reservations about leaving their LO's. I don't know if I could do it
    I have yet to leave my LO overnight and I'm with you. Not sure if I could do it either.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AlinnJo said:

I have yet to leave my LO overnight and I'm with you. Not sure if I could do it either.

I havent left colby overnight yet either, I JUST started letting my parents have Keagan overnight this summer at 3.5

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I know in the end it will all work out and probably be for the best. I guess I am just surprised at how much I am feeling about this.  

View Raw Image'>

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    I'm leaving DD with H in a few weeks for a girls weekend in Nashville. I'll really miss her, but I freaking need it.

• Options
    @l8kissie It sounds like you were really backed into a corner...your trip was consisting of boats then trains, so no need for a car seat anytime during the trip, right? I'm not sure what I would have done either. You couldn't go back on the boat (obviously)...I don't know what else you could have done.

I do think this is a good lesson learned to be prepared (if only mentally) for what would happen if you got caught in a situation with no car seat.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    jenmbott said:
    I still own my childhood blankie and sleep with it every night. 

My bun buns (essentially a lovie) is still in my nightstand.

• Options
    auroraloo said:

I sabotage friendships because of fear of them rejecting me.

ditto. the level of insecurity I experience is crippling at times.

I'm surprised by this. You both seem so confident!

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    jenmbott said:
    I still own my childhood blankie and sleep with it every night. 

Me too! DH hates it. He says it is the grossest thing ever.

View Raw Image'>

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    I weighed myself this morning, and my weight was the lowest it's been since having Hannah. I don't even feel great about it because it still feels like I'll never hit my pre-pg weight.

• Options

I have left Maya overnight, but only when Ethan was in the hospital.  DH was home with her.  We have never both been gone from the kids overnight at the same time.  The whole time we were talking about the GTG yesterday, I was excited, but I started to feel that anxiety about being away overnight on my way home when I was away from the computer.  I think I could do it though.

FFFC:  I would pay someone a million dollars to potty-train my kid. 

• Options
    @mroxy0628 I think I have a cardigan addiction as well. I want to buy them all! Fall is the best because there are so many cardigans in the stores.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    I am still paying for weight watchers but haven't tracked my weight in over a month. I have been eating anything an everything. It sucks because it's not as if I am ok or happy with the way I look. I absolutely hate this about myself. And it is all me.
  • Options
    I've been drinking 2 beers a night. I'm gaining weight because of it. Y'all will be able to call me Frank The Tank for two reasons!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

T spends one Saturday a month at my mom's house. He's going there this weekend and I cannot wait to reconnect with DH. We have had one thing go wrong after the other the past few weeks and cannot seem to catch a break. I think it will be nice to go out to dinner and run errands by ourselves.

I spend way too much time every 3 months worrying about what we are all going to wear for our photo sessions. The next one is Sept 10 and I am having anxiety over it. I feel like I have chosen tops that are way too loose in the past sessions and I still look pregnant. I am so tired of being insecure.

• Options
    I've been drinking 2 beers a night. I'm gaining weight because of it. Y'all will be able to call me Frank The Tank for two reasons!
    I do this too... must stop.

• Options
    FFFC/TMI

I put out last night in hopes that DH would be in a better mood for when I talked to him about WI. He said that it was crazy. Not a no... but I'm going to have to work on it.
  • Options
    @l8kissie I got stuck in a pinch and my SIL/niece and I/LO had to do a van ride without car seats. It was a tough decision and I would make the same decision again ::gasp::

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

I'm pretty sure my parents are splitting up for good after about 30+ years of marriage. While I know that in the end it is probably what is best for them I am so sad about it. Like I cried most of the day yesterday at work.

The flameful part of this is that the reasons I am sad are so selfish. I don't want to figure out a new way to handle life and holidays and weekends. My Mom and I are so close and I don't want to have to not spend time with her on these holidays so we can spend time with my Dad. I also want my girls to know them how I have known them my whole life.

Another flameful part is I am so mad that this is happening a week before the girls first birthday. I am going to have a really hard time getting through their party with them both there and the way things are. The girls won't remember it but I will forever have this cloud over their party day.

I feel like at 31 years old I should be able to handle this and not feel this way.

I am sorry. This really stinks. Divorce is always hard. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Par13 said:
    I sabotage friendships because of fear of them rejecting me.
    ditto. the level of insecurity I experience is crippling at times.
    I'm surprised by this. You both seem so confident!

This surprises me also. I want to be IRL friends with some bumpies, but I am too shy to reach out to anyone. I relate to so many of you... outside of having a babe the same age. I don't post too much and I worry people would think I am a weirdo. My IRL friends would die if they knew I said I was shy, but I am at first and always feel like I make people uncomfortable.  

• Options
    My inlaws are coming in today for DS's party tomorrow and even though I should've expected it, I'm annoyed that I'll have to entertain early. So my passive aggressive response is to not clean my house until tomorrow. It's not all that dirty but not party-ready. Take that!
    (Formerly MamaBearKendy)
  • Options
    I don't ask bumpies to be friends on FB for fear of them saying no.
    I don't think you have to worry about that, who wouldn't like you! But I understand I do not ask to "friend" people on FB or instagram for that reason. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I made a healthy carrot cake for Elliot's birthday. She loved it and so did I.
                  image     image
  • Options
    If anyone cries at the GTG I will probably take my drink and go outside. I'm thinking most people wouldn't expect this from me :D

• Options
    My DH took another part time job without talking to me about it first and without interviewing/ asking some pretty important questions.  So, now he has two part time jobs, and a full time job, and started complaining last night that he is too busy and works too much.  I am annoyed for multiple reasons, but mostly because he can seem to find a job anywhere and at anytime, and I can't find one to save my life.

Also, our finances are in a not so great place right now, but I will totally work my ass off and save/ sell shit so I can go to the GTG, because I NEED some time away from LO and DH.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"