September 2012 Moms

FFFC: I can't believe I did that!

Re: FFFC: I can't believe I did that!

• I'm pretty sure my parents are splitting up for good after about 30+ years of marriage. While I know that in the end it is probably what is best for them I am so sad about it. Like I cried most of the day yesterday at work.

The flameful part of this is that the reasons I am sad are so selfish. I don't want to figure out a new way to handle life and holidays and weekends. My Mom and I are so close and I don't want to have to not spend time with her on these holidays so we can spend time with my Dad. I also want my girls to know them how I have known them my whole life.

Another flameful part is I am so mad that this is happening a week before the girls first birthday. I am going to have a really hard time getting through their party with them both there and the way things are. The girls won't remember it but I will forever have this cloud over their party day.

I feel like at 31 years old I should be able to handle this and not feel this way.

I'm sorry your going through this. DH parents split after 37 yrs when I was pregnant with DS1. It certainly over showed events, like my baby shower or visiting the hospital when DS was bored. To this day, FIL won't go to anything where MIL is so he has chosen to miss all birthday parties, Thanksgivings etc. I refuse to give in and have separate events to appease a grown ass man who acts like a child. He's only hurting himself . I love him to bits, but I hate the way he's acted through the whole process (lying to DH and BILs, trying to make them pick sides, asking them to hide things from their mom, etc). I hope your parents can be more civil. On a happy note, MIL met and married a wonderful guy who has been a great addition to the family so there is some positive to it. I've been around for 16 yrs and I've never seen her happier n
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I know in the end it will all work out and probably be for the best. I guess I am just surprised at how much I am feeling about this.  
    I think in some ways divorce is harder on adult children. My parents split after I was out of college a few years, and it tilted everything. Our situation was a little different bc my dad really didn't bother for awhile there, then when he did resurface, after DS was born, it was a delicate balancing act to try to see all the family. To this day, I can't envision putting my parents in the same room (mainly bc of my father's new wife), so he doesn't get invited to any group events. Hang in there. It's hard. You're allowed to feel bad about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've go two this week. We are in the middle of a massive remodel and we HAVE to be done painting before the hardwood floors are installed this weekend. We have been painting at night after the kids go to bed. Tues night, DD would not go to sleep. I put her in a pnp at the end of the room with some toys and painted anyway. The pant is low vol but I still felt bad. Also, DD doesn't use plates AT ALL yet. Se eats everything off her tray. I rinse it after every meal, but I don't clean it with soap every time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just jumped over to Parenting to see how it works and I got scared and ran back here!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Stasi said:
    I just jumped over to Parenting to see how it works and I got scared and ran back here!

For some reason Parenting intimidates the crap out of me.
    imageimageimage

• LuvSD said:

Stasi said:

I just jumped over to Parenting to see how it works and I got scared and ran back here!

Same here. Though I lurk a lot.
                  image     image
  • LuvSD said:
    Stasi said:

I hang out sometimes but they move pretty fast.
  • LuvSD said:
    I would love to go to the GTG but am afraid to ask my husband. Not because I think he will say no but I think he would think I am crazy for wanting to meet up with internet strangers. He has no idea how much time I spend on TB. Whenever he asks me what I am doing on my computer I say I am reading about baby stuff.

My DH definitely thinks it is crazy. He seems to think that everyone here is faking it.
  • I'm pretty sure my parents are splitting up for good after about 30+ years of marriage. While I know that in the end it is probably what is best for them I am so sad about it. Like I cried most of the day yesterday at work.

The flameful part of this is that the reasons I am sad are so selfish. I don't want to figure out a new way to handle life and holidays and weekends. My Mom and I are so close and I don't want to have to not spend time with her on these holidays so we can spend time with my Dad. I also want my girls to know them how I have known them my whole life.

Another flameful part is I am so mad that this is happening a week before the girls first birthday. I am going to have a really hard time getting through their party with them both there and the way things are. The girls won't remember it but I will forever have this cloud over their party day.

I feel like at 31 years old I should be able to handle this and not feel this way.

Aww, this is definitely not flamefull and sounds so difficult.  *hugs*

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • My DH took another part time job without talking to me about it first and without interviewing/ asking some pretty important questions.  So, now he has two part time jobs, and a full time job, and started complaining last night that he is too busy and works too much.  I am annoyed for multiple reasons, but mostly because he can seem to find a job anywhere and at anytime, and I can't find one to save my life.

Also, our finances are in a not so great place right now, but I will totally work my ass off and save/ sell shit so I can go to the GTG, because I NEED some time away from LO and DH.
    I will also be selling some of my crap that's in the basement in order to pull it off, but I will prob still end up on ridiculous flights so that I can get them cheap enough.  Although I would LOVE to meet everyone and do a GTG I'm hesitant to leave the kids :(

• I very rarely get offended.  I also very rarely have anxiety, especially about meeting new people, probably due to my job since I meet new people every single day and do a lot of public speaking. I'm gregarious to a fault at times and try way too hard to get quiet/shy people to come out of their shell.  I constantly have to remind myself that everyone isn't like me.

We left N overnight in July for a night to go to the horse races in Arlington, IL with my family.  It was really weird.  I also went camping with my girlfriends in July while DH was home with her, which didn't phase me a bit.  I find it really weird that people would have anxiety or stress leaving their kids with their DH/SO.  I get it if it's a sitter, or even a family member that LO doesn't see all the time, but your partner?  Makes me roll my eyes.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I very rarely get offended.  I also very rarely have anxiety, especially about meeting new people, probably due to my job since I meet new people every single day and do a lot of public speaking. I'm gregarious to a fault at times and try way too hard to get quiet/shy people to come out of their shell.  I constantly have to remind myself that everyone isn't like me.

We left N overnight in July for a night to go to the horse races in Arlington, IL with my family.  It was really weird.  I also went camping with my girlfriends in July while DH was home with her, which didn't phase me a bit.  I find it really weird that people would have anxiety or stress leaving their kids with their DH/SO.  I get it if it's a sitter, or even a family member that LO doesn't see all the time, but your partner?  Makes me roll my eyes.

Some people aren't good with infants. My DH is one of them.  Don't get me wrong, he's a great father and does great with my SD and DS1, but he's still trying to figure out Colby.  Its one thing to leave the boys with him for a few hours (which I do when I work) its another to leave them for a whole weekend. 

• LL's post just made me go dig up my birth stories from the boys.  I'm sitting here crying reading them. I'm such a sap

• I have been pretty good about going to the gym but yesterday I just stayed in the car and read a good book!

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

• groupalicious has a $24 iphone breathalyzer on special today.  I think someone should get one and bring to the GTG.  we could have a contest.

@tinyhumantoe, i have never had hummus.  What's it like?  Cream cheese spread or dip?  I know its beans, right?   What does it taste like?  and did you just like eat it with a spoon or dip something in it?

• miss50miss50 member
    edited August 2013
    LuvSD said:
    I would love to go to the GTG but am afraid to ask my husband. Not because I think he will say no but I think he would think I am crazy for wanting to meet up with internet strangers. He has no idea how much time I spend on TB. Whenever he asks me what I am doing on my computer I say I am reading about baby stuff.
    I could have written this myself.  Does he know about the bump?  I call y'all bumpies and when he asks what I am reading, I say, "I'm on my board".  Insert H's eyeroll.   He asked me what I was doing one night during chat and I told him I was chatting with some bumpies.  He thinks I am completely off my rocker.  I'm going to do everything my my power to make the GTG.  I've already thought up scenarios and rationalizations in my head.

• @kbbgg, best of luck today! 

• LuvSD said:
    We are switching our cable from Mediacom to Dish Network. I told my DH that we have to do the package that is a little more a month because it has the Big 10 Network, MLB, and NFL channels. What he doesn't know is I got that package because I wanted to get Bravo.
    With a new contract you get NFL package for FREE!  That's a $300 value!  I'd kill to get that deal again.

Bravo...lol.  You sound like my mom.

• miss50 said:
    LuvSD said:
    I could have written this myself.  Does he know about the bump?  I call y'all bumpies and when he asks what I am reading, I say, "I'm on my board".  Insert H's eyeroll.   He asked me what I was doing one night during chat and I told him I was chatting with some bumpies.  He thinks I am completely off my rocker.  I'm going to do everything my my power to make the GTG.  I've already thought up scenarios and rationalizations in my head.

I told him once about it when I was on chat one night. He proceeded to make fun of it, so now I kind of keep it to myself. It is like my own secret guilty pleasure. I should probably start talking to him about TB more if I want to go to the GTG.
    imageimageimage

• I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't do any research about winter coats and carseats last year. I put dd it all last winter.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • miss50 said:
    LuvSD said:
    Let's hear 'em. I need some ideas
    :)
    imageimageimage

• miss50 said:
    LuvSD said:
    We are switching our cable from Mediacom to Dish Network. I told my DH that we have to do the package that is a little more a month because it has the Big 10 Network, MLB, and NFL channels. What he doesn't know is I got that package because I wanted to get Bravo.
    With a new contract you get NFL package for FREE!  That's a $300 value!  I'd kill to get that deal again.

Bravo...lol.  You sound like my mom.
    I have to have my Real Housewives and Million Dollar Listing
    imageimageimage

• miss50 said:

@kbbgg, best of luck today! 

Aw, thanks dude!

Mom to boy H - born September, 2012 and girl Z - born 2005. Wife to Gorgeous George. Slave to the man.

• I mentioned it to DH yesterday and like @banich4eva 's DH, he thought it was crazy. I may have been able to talk him into it if it was in Gatlinburg (4 hour drive and we've been there) but I don't think WI is going to happen. We'll see what persuasion skills I can come up with...

I think Taylor Swift is getting more and more immature the older she gets, but dangit, I can't help but rock out when her music comes on!

Anniversary

• mathlete said:

kbbgg said:

miss50 said:

@kbbgg, best of luck today! 

Aw, thanks dude!

You'll rock it. Mom jeans and all!
    They're stylish! I swear!

Mom to boy H - born September, 2012 and girl Z - born 2005. Wife to Gorgeous George. Slave to the man.

• MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited August 2013
    mathlete said:

LuvSD said:

My DH definitely thinks it is crazy. He seems to think that everyone here is faking it.

My DH has said he is happy I have made some friends.  But last night as I was still on the GTG threads he said I am cheating on him with the bump.  I am sure he meant it as a joke but I felt bad.  So I put the phone down, and then he fell asleep 

This is one of the reasons I have been on less. It's ok for me to do it at work, and I do still text/FB with my friends when I am home...but my Dh has been vocal about the fact that he feels TB cuts into our "us" time. I can't blame him. I have/do use it as an escape. 

MH gives me a ton of shit about it. I ignore him though, because he has his little message board he's a part of.

He does refer to bumping as "henning it up with the board" though. It makes me lol.

---------------------
    DH is always on reddit so I don't let him give me too much flack!

Anniversary

• miss50 said:
    groupalicious has a $24 iphone breathalyzer on special today.  I think someone should get one and bring to the GTG.  we could have a contest.

@tinyhumantoe, i have never had hummus.  What's it like?  Cream cheese spread or dip?  I know its beans, right?   What does it taste like?  and did you just like eat it with a spoon or dip something in it?
    It's made of chickpeas, so it's like a grittier dip. It tastes like chick peas, garlic and sesame. I put it on veggies or pretzels/crackers/pita. It's awesome.

• mathlete said:
    Yeah, the only way I could possibly talk DH into letting me go to a GTG is if it is in Gatlinburg. He has already told me I can forget it. There's no way we could swing it until next year, sadly.

FFFC: I am super sad that I won't be able to participate. Per usual, I care more than I should.
    @mathlete
    @MrsKipper

Perhaps we could do Gatlinburg in January or February for all of the southern ladies who couldn't make it to WI. Of course, anyone could come.

I'm going to work on DH for the WI GTG. I still have some tricks up my sleeve.
  • mathlete said:
    hmp1 said:
    The boys are home today, daycare is closed. DH and I are both working from home. I am ready to open some wine. I don't know how anyone WFH with the kids home.
    I don't either.

I have to grade some discussions for an online class and of course I can't do it until the instructor calls me to discuss something about it. Harper is going to wake up from her nap soon and DH is sick with a migraine, so I will be on Harper duty. Meaning that I won't be able to grade quickly. I have other shit to do today and I am pissed that I can't leave the house until all of this is done. :-L
    I had to do some work at home last night and it took me about 3x as long as it should have. DH would not help. Next time he tries to work at home I'm  just going to sit on the couch and play with the ipad.

Not really... but I want to

• L8kissie said:

I have one that totally deserves flaming, so I'll start. We were on an Alaskan cruise for the last week and a half with my mom and her husband. The day we were supposed to go to Skagway, the winds were too strong to dock. The captain diverted to Haines, which was super tiny and not touristy (lovely to be honest). Our planned train trip on the historic train was not possible anymore, so we did a tour with Anytime Tours. It was seriously a mom in a minivan. Although a great tour, I rode in the van without a carseat for dd. It was very rural with little traffic, but I deserve a flaming. I'll be back once my NyQuil wears off and it's daytime to take my punishment and to see what y'all have been up to while I was gone.

Maybe I don't understand because I've never taken a cruise, but why couldn't you do something else? Why couldn't you at least go back to the boat? I would have turned around when I found out it was just a woman in a van, let alone a van without a carseat. Not smart at all. You're very lucky nothing happened.

Also? I can't believe no one else is making a bigger deal about this. People go nuts if someone turns their kid before 2, but this is no big deal?

That's what I was thinking too.lol

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• And let me add, you couldn't do enough to convince me to ever get in a car and not have my less than one yr old or either kid not in a car seat.

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited August 2013
    L8kissie said:
    I have one that totally deserves flaming, so I'll start. We were on an Alaskan cruise for the last week and a half with my mom and her husband. The day we were supposed to go to Skagway, the winds were too strong to dock. The captain diverted to Haines, which was super tiny and not touristy (lovely to be honest). Our planned train trip on the historic train was not possible anymore, so we did a tour with Anytime Tours. It was seriously a mom in a minivan. Although a great tour, I rode in the van without a carseat for dd. It was very rural with little traffic, but I deserve a flaming. I'll be back once my NyQuil wears off and it's daytime to take my punishment and to see what y'all have been up to while I was gone.
    Maybe I don't understand because I've never taken a cruise, but why couldn't you do something else? Why couldn't you at least go back to the boat? I would have turned around when I found out it was just a woman in a van, let alone a van without a carseat. Not smart at all. You're very lucky nothing happened.

Also? I can't believe no one else is making a bigger deal about this. People go nuts if someone turns their kid before 2, but this is no big deal?
    I think it is a big deal but it was a one time stupid thing to do. Flipping a one year old ff can be changed.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Plus one to Angel & sharkfarts... Yikes.
  • LuvSD said:
    "I'm going on a mommy getaway with a mom's group I've been talking to for 2 years.  I'm so excited!"  YW
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"