August 2011 Moms
Options

So glad I left the girls home...

I made a quick trip to the store for a box of pasta noodles that I forgot when grocery shopping. (I made butternut squash alfredo, yum!)

Well it is crazy windy here, but still really hot. I left the grocery and went over to the gas station to fill up so hubby could sleep ten more min tomorrow morning. Well out of habit I locked the door and got out to pump gas. Well that damn wind blew the fully open car door completely shut. What was all in the car? 

My phone.. wallet.. and the keys. Yay. 

Thankfully the girl at the gas station center let me use her phone to call hubby for help. He had to call my brother in law, my brother in law had to pack up his three kids, go get the spare key from DH and then come bring it to me. 

The "hey I locked the keys in the car" phone call would have totally been a "hey i just smashed the car window" call if I had the girls. In the 30 min it took my BIL to get to me, the car got warm enough to melt a bar of chocolate and melt my sherbet. 
image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So glad I left the girls home...

• Options
    Yikes! Glad you didn't have the girls with you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Very good you didn't have the kids!!!  I always double check doors when getting out to pump when LO is with me..

Would you local police do a car-opening for you?  I know ours does- and if there is no one inside it doens't take too long.. I wonder if you would have called with kids in the car if they would have come fast...

I never thought about that! I am just SO glad DH had the spare key in his wallet, and not me!
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so glad you didn't have the girls!

When our house was for sale I had the boys in the car and the three dogs. We went to my parents (45 minutes away) for the afternoon since it was an open house. I was almost out of gas when I got to their town so I stopped to fill up. While I was pumping the gas the boys were asleep. The wind shut my door and then the little dogs got all excited and stepped on the lock button! Liam could have unlocked it, but he was super asleep. The gas station attendant didn't speak English, so when I told him to call the police, he just shrugged. I ended up using someone else at the gas stations cell phone and the police showed up right away. But, I learned my lesson, if the dogs are in the car, remove the keys from the ignition!!

Sorry, that turned into a novel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was grocery shopping and had just buckled DD in (she was like 10 months?). I threw my keys into the front seat, closed the door amd walked around to the drivers door. Locked. Luckily my DHs BF owns a wrecker service like a mile away. I looked up the wrecker number and called him. As soon as I heard his voice I broke down into ugly tears and he could just make out where I was. He came flying over (lights going and everythin) and unlocked the car. To this day he still teases me about my keys.
  • Options
    Phew! Thank goodness you were alone.

Did I ever tell you how my story with DH really started when I locked myself out of my car?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    No! Do tell!
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"