Nurseries and Baby Gear

Valco Snap stroller or others like it?

Hi,

Does anyone have a Valco Snap stroller? From my research it appears to be similar to the very popular Britax B-Agile and Baby Jogger City Mini strollers, but lighter and with a few extra features. It looks great, but unfortunately is not carried in any stores near me, so I would not be able to try it before buying it. I'm curious if anyone has used one, and how it compares with other similar, more readily available strollers.

I'm attracted to the idea of a small, lightweight, easy to fold stroller but not necessarily an umbrella stroller (though I haven't ruled them out).  I'm only 5 feet tall and have a small car. This will be my first child, so I'm open to any input/suggestions! Thanks!

Re: Valco Snap stroller or others like it?

• ebp913ebp913 member
    edited August 2013
    I have the Snap Duo (double version) and think it's great.  I would choose it every time over the City Mini or B-Agile.  It's lighter and the basket is way better.  Do know that the fabric is a little slick.  I don't find it to be an issue at all but I wanted to mention it.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • ebp913 said:

I have the Snap Duo (double version) and think it's great.  I would choose it every time over the City Mini or B-Agile.  It's lighter and the basket is way better.  Do know that the fabric is a little slick.  I don't find it to be an issue at all but I wanted to mention it.  

This. I have the double and love it & even the double can be pushed 1 handed. It goes over most terrain too.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the City Mini (3 wheel version) & am seriously considering the Valco Snap4. The Snap4 is supposedly a little smaller & a little lighter. I do really like my City Mini (super easy fold, steers very nicely. My main frustration with it is the length from front to rear tires makes it get stuck in the gutter as go down from the curb into streets. Not sure if it is a length issue vs. tire size issue (maybe larger tires would over ride the bump easier?)

Oh and Bob has come out with a similar stroller as well, however the Snap is still lighter. Am having the same concern about not being able to test it out.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • (oh and I am 5'1" so understand the height thing. The City Mini does take up quite a bit of space in the back of our SUV even though it is "small". The rear wheels are easy to take off/ put on, so can go in the foot well of the passenger area as well.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"