May 2012 Moms

LO won't eat

She just wants to play, play, play. She's never been a big eater, but getting her to sit still long enough to eat a meal is nearly impossible lately. It's gotten to the point that I'm letting her eat while wandering around the play room before bed.

I tried to be tough about eating meals at the table for a week, but she will only eat a few bites before screaming to get out of her booster seat and then scream and fight sleep for hours if she's hungry when she goes to bed. She's also only 30th percentile for weight even though she's 80th for height, so I'm extra nervous about making sure she eats enough.

Anyone else dealing with an LO who just doesn't want to stop long enough to eat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO won't eat

• picklesxpicklesx member
    edited August 2013
    Ds is generally a great eater, never too picky or fighting meals, but once in a while we'll have a few days to a week where he has little interest in eating and will just want to continue on playing, or he will eat a lot at one meal but little or nothing at another. This week seems to be no interest in dinner at all, is content after just a cup of milk or milk and a few blueberries for breakfast, and devours lunch. He doesn't eat snacks often and when he does they are very small and simple and he doesnt always show an interest in them so I know that he's not just filling up at the wrong times.

At this age I think it's pretty normal for them to go through periods of not having much interest in eating, partly because of slowing down for a bit before their next big growth spurt and partly because there is so much going on cognitively that they just want to see and touch and hear and do everything else!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"