December 2012 Moms
Options

Feel bad

minervacullenminervacullen member
edited August 2013 in December 2012 Moms
My grandma was supposed to go to my sister's house this weekend while we are all there for the Holiday. My sister lives in Illinois, so it's a very planned vacation and she had her plane ticket from FL booked for months. She was SOOO excited to meet Milla. She has been calling and asking about her often and has me text her a pic a day. My poor-sweet-pastor's wife Grandma can't come now. She has colitis and she can't control it. She is devastated. I feel horrible. My mom moves down there next week and has been here for a week, at least Grandma will have her. We really can't afford to fly all four of us down and then rent a car, we figured it would be two years until we'd make it down. Well Grandma is so determined to meet DD she offered to pay half of our fare, it's still too much for us. I found an app on google that will figure your cost of gas, it goes by miles, car, gas prices. It would be about 500 or less round trip (not including driving while there). Grandma is excited about that and is going to pay for our gas. She rocks! It's going to be a royal PITA come April when DS has spring break and we go, driving with a 16 month old and a 7 year old that far. But it will be worth it to see my mom and Grandma. My sister is going to and already requested the time off, she's flying of course, my mom can just get her at the airport. I'm SO thankful. I think I'll just ask for Florida money for Christmas, and bath towels. I really need bath towels.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Feel bad

• Options
    That's wonderful!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im glad you'll be able to go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe we'll have something awesome happen and the cost of gas will go down between now and then and you can make it for even cheaper! I'm glad you found a way to get down there!!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    YAY!!! That is awesome! You're right, it will be totally worth it.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"