January 2013 Moms
Options

Feeling down

So I know I've posted similar before, but I'm really still feeling blah! My baby's amazing, my hubby's pretty great, and my job is wonderful, yet I feel down in the dumps. I actually gave up BFing to go on antidepressants because my dr recommended it, but I swear I feel worse and now guilty bc DS has a cold. Anything anyone does to lift their mood?

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feeling down

• Options

I can't know exactly what you're feeling or going through, but I hope you start feeling better soon. I don't know if you've tried this, but what I do is swing dancing, or just going out once a week with a friend to just get away. Massage maybe or some sort of spa treatment you might enjoy? Read when I have time, or find something to do that's fun and doesn't require much thinking, like playing a puzzle/search game, or just color or make something for LO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    I know how you feel. I think I need to get out more and have some alone time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No brilliant advice, just sending good vibes your way.  Hope you feel like your old self soon.
  • Options
    I feel "down", too. Just icky. I think I should take a class or something. I've been feeling lately like I would actually enjoy math now...because I'm a nerd like that. I'm going to join the local YMCA soon when they have their join-free event.
  • Options
    Yeah not sure how to fix it, I thu k more human interaction would help. There's only so much baby talk a
    Person can handle!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    @Little Dawson
    Just a shout out for swing dancing... yay. I'll go tonight. 
    imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pink253Pink253 member
    edited August 2013
    You shouldn't feel guilty for not breastfeeding and taking care of yourself. You need to feel well in order to be able to take care of your baby. 
    Im sorry your having a rough time.  Have you considered what BC you are on? I had really bad PMDD symptoms after having this baby and have felt much better once I got the Mirena. Maybe something you can talk to your Doc about.
    Meanwhile....as PPs said, deffinetely try and do something for yourself. It can be so natural to get caught up on baby and family stuff that we forget to have a lil fun and smile sometimes. A girls night out is just what i need sometimes :)  GL!
    photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"