Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How long do first teeth take to come out once they've broken surface?

LO is almost 8 months, and has his first two lower teeth coming in at the same time. We have already dealt with two months of having a tooth almost break through and then retreat over and over again. Now, it's been over a week that the teeth are through the gum line, but they aren't all the way out! At what point should I worry? How long did your children's teeth take?

Re: How long do first teeth take to come out once they've broken surface?

• Options
    It took about 7-10 days to really come through. Now, almost a month later, they look like they are all the way in. 
    image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Our LO's top center broke through about 10 days ago, and we're just starting to see the tips of them clearly now. From what I remember, the lower ones took a few weeks to fully emerge too - probably close to a month, like PP said.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not that long, maybe a week and a half ish.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm so glad to hear that this is normal!
  • Options
    I agree, about a month between the tip being clearly visible to the entire tooth being in fully.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Oh boy... here I thought it would be a quick process once it finally broke through. I think DD is finally about to get her bottom teeth (she was 8 months on the 18th) but I really hope the fussiness lets up before its fully in then... eek.
    It usually doesn't bother them once it breaks through.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"