TTC After a Loss
Options

Throat Punch Time!

Go!
I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
No longer trying to conceive at all.
BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
 BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
 Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
 Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
image image
image image
Follow Me on Pinterest
♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga

Re: Throat Punch Time!

• Options
    This is a message from DH's aunt. In addition to a big TP, can I please get some advice on how to respond her?
    I keep telling myself she has good intentions, but fuck.
    (Sorry, I have to screen shot. Can't get the text to copy on mobile for some reason.)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AnyMax said:
    This is a message from DH's aunt. In addition to a big TP, can I please get some advice on how to respond her? I keep telling myself she has good intentions, but fuck. (Sorry, I have to screen shot. Can't get the text to copy on mobile for some reason.) imageimage
    For just a day???  WTF???  Clearly she means well, but she's really not saying the right things at all.  Sorry you have to deal with that.  I'm not even sure how you should respond.  (((HUGS)))

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #1 1/29/13, EDD 10/9/13 
    MMC discovered at 10 weeks (baby measured 9 weeks) D&C on 3/16/13 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
    BFP #3  8/11/14  EDD 4/22/14
  • Options
    AnyMax said:
    This is a message from DH's aunt. In addition to a big TP, can I please get some advice on how to respond her? I keep telling myself she has good intentions, but fuck. (Sorry, I have to screen shot. Can't get the text to copy on mobile for some reason.) imageimage

Ohhh where to begin. Is this for real? I'm sorry @AnyMax. I would tell her:

I appreciate your concern. Unfortunately, being young does not help me while grieving the loss of my baby. There is also no appropriate time limit to grieving the loss of a child. I actually find it quite offensive for you to suggest I "take a day". You would never say that is your child or family member was lost. Relaxing will also not help me to get pregnant again. While your friend's experiences are wonderful she still struggled for 10 years. Her experiences do not have anything to do with mine. *You have no idea what God's plan for me is. It could be a number of different things. None of us have any idea what the future holds for me and DH. Please do not try and put my situation into a box and tell me how to grieve and continue on. Until you experience a loss like this you have no idea the pain that it creates or the hole which remains in my heart.

*this is tricky to respond to regarding what you believe.

I can't believe she said these things to you. This is a tame reply of course!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Thank you

@Poppy715 Yea, she left that right on my Facebook overnight. I will reply to her in private, of course, but I am letting far too much emotion get in the way of saying what I need to.

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    Thank you @Poppy715 Yea, she left that right on my Facebook overnight. I will reply to her in private, of course, but I am letting far too much emotion get in the way of saying what I need to.

I think it's really really important that you respond. I'd also link an article similar to this one about what not to say in these situations. Unsolicited advice, that comes with the best intentions, is still hurtful.

https://www.griefspeaks.com/id9.html

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    TP AF for showing up 6 days late and making me think that there was another reason for her absence!  
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options

AnyMax said:

This is a message from DH's aunt. In addition to a big TP, can I please get some advice on how to respond her?
    I keep telling myself she has good intentions, but fuck.
    (Sorry, I have to screen shot. Can't get the text to copy on mobile for some reason.)

For just a day???  WTF???  Clearly she means well, but she's really not saying the right things
    at all.  Sorry you have to deal with that.  I'm not even sure how you should respond.  (((HUGS)))

So sorry about this. Although I'm sure she has good intentions, some of the things she said are very hurtful. Hugs to you. If she's someone that you see/are in contact with very offer I would find a polite way to tell her that you appreciate her support, however this is a difficult time for you to hear things like this.

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options
    @Anymax - I am so sorry you have to deal with that ((((HUGS))))!  Sending her a major TP!  It is bad enough to send you a message like that, but to post on Facebook, for all to see is just beyond comprehension.  I think @Poppy715 gave a great response.  I  hope you can get through to her and make her realize how wildly inappropriate her comment was.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options
    @rmpar29 (((hugs))) sorry about AF

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    OMG - I'm sorry!  This would have sent me through the roof if someone said any of this to me. This sort of reminds me of something that my mom would say, which makes me super happy that I didn't even tell her anything!  Let us know how this turns out!  Sorry!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'd like to TP my cervix.  I'm still spotting which means no sex for DH and I until the spotting stops.  This sucks big time because DH has had the last 2 days off and I'm super horny.  Baha! :D

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    I would respond back that I'm very happy for her friend, but until she goes through the loss of a baby she has no right to tell me how I should be dealing with it or for how long.  I was thank her for her message but ask her not to write again since she has no idea what I'm going through and I really don't need to hear about how it will happen when the time is right.  Of course, I'm pissy today, so I might respond differently on another day.  

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this!  ((HUGS))
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    Thank you Poppy715 Yea, she left that right on my Facebook overnight. I will reply to her in private, of course, but I am letting far too much emotion get in the way of saying what I need to.
    She put that crap on Facebook???  

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    ksyknelvr73ksyknelvr73 member
    edited August 2013

@AnyMax, I am so sorry about that. I have to vent a little - and in relation to what you posted (and what I have been experiencing from "well meaning" people as well):

Since when did it become ROCKET SCIENCE to figure out what to say to a person who has had a miscarriage/pregnancy loss? This is NOT HARD, people. Just say something like "I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know you must be hurting so much right now and I wish I could take that pain away. I will be thinking of you and praying with all my heart that you are able to have a healthy pregnancy. I love you and I am here for you.". Wouldn't that be nice??

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    Thank you Poppy715 Yea, she left that right on my Facebook overnight. I will reply to her in private, of course, but I am letting far too much emotion get in the way of saying what I need to.
    I'm thinking it was probably a private message.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Poppy715 said:

AnyMax said:

I'm sorry, I had to step away. No, it is posted on my wall.
    I am going to reply with something very similar to what you said, Poppy, and include the link.

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    AnyMax said:
    I'm sorry, I had to step away. No, it is posted on my wall. I am going to reply with something very similar to what you said, Poppy, and include the link.
    WHAT? This is posted on your wall?? My first response to your original post was WTF? A day to grieve? I think Poppy's response was very nice but now that you are saying it is posted on your wall, I would not be so nice. I would definitely call her out for putting your business for all to see.  That is so disrespectful it's not even funny.  At that point, I don't think I would have any nice words for her.  I'm so sorry. ((Hugs))

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    AnyMax said:
    I'm sorry, I had to step away. No, it is posted on my wall. I am going to reply with something very similar to what you said, Poppy, and include the link.
    SHUT UP! NO WAY. I would start with how inappropriate this is to post on someone's public wall! I would find one that is a baby loss/m/c link so she doesn't say well that's for other circumstances. Just to be sure. Wow I am so pissed for you!.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    @AnyMax she deserves so much more than a TP she deserves the Twatwaffeldouchecanoecuntpunch award! I am appalled!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options

I'm with everyone else @anymax.  That was horrible for her to do.  I'm so sorry that you are going through this.  TP to her and big ((HUGS)) to you.

>:D<

BFP#1 4/17/2013 EDD 12/25/2013, MC 5/17/2013 8 weeks 3 days D&C 5/18/2013

BFP#2 1/20/2014 EDD 9/28/2014, Baby Evie born on 9/23/2014 at 8:50pm.  6 lbs 15 oz!

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    AnyMax said:
    I can't even believe she posted that on your wall.  I got that sense when you said you would respond privately, but I'm still shocked.  I think Poppy's response is perfect, and I might even respond right on your wall so other people know that is not okay.  So many (((HUGS))).

My Ovulation Chart
    TTC since March 2012 
    BFP #2  CP on 3/31/14
  • Options
    @anymax OMFG!!!!  I cannot believe anyone would be so insensitive to post this crap publicly!  I can't even think of any response that is appropriate to be posted here because it includes a lot of variations of the f word!  

((HUGS)) to you!!!  
    6/2010

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    For just a day???  WTF???  Clearly she means well, but she's really not saying the right things at all.  Sorry you have to deal with that.  I'm not even sure how you should respond.  (((HUGS)))
    I can't reply because my vision just went red. dsfsa98yu98oijf
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Options
    AnyMax said:

@Anymax. Oh FFS, she just says every single wrong thing... She clearly is trying to comfort you, but holy hell, I am so sorry. (Hugs)

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Options
    I'm really sorry for hijacking the TP thread. But thank you all for the support. DH will be handling it with me tomorrow. Thank you again

• Options
    @AnyMax, I am SO sorry that she did that to you. It would be bad enough if she sent it privately but posting it on fb for all to see is just awful. I hope you are direct enough so she backs off! (((Hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image  image

TTC #1 since January 2013

BFP #1: April 5, 2013; EDD December 11, 2013; Missed M/C May 15, 2013

BFP #2: February 17, 2014; EDD October 30, 2014; M/C March 15, 2014

BFP #3: August 1, 2014; EDD April 14, 2015 - Praying for our RAINBOW!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"