Special Needs

Open Letter Thursday

Assembly_ReqdAssembly_Reqd member
edited August 2013 in Special Needs
Write em!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Open Letter Thursday

• dear babysitter, I know you probably meant it as a compliment when you said you'd like to trade your mouthy NT teenage daughter for my difficult to engage, rather do her own thing and be left alone 2.5 year old, but it I don't think you really mean that. Do you know how we are spending our evening tonight? We will be discussing the possibility of government funding "should" our daughter ever reach a point in her life where she can live semi independently and need assistance. Still want to trade?
  • d.fd.f member
    edited August 2013
    Dear DS,

Transitions suck. I'm sorry. Trying to head-butt Daddy because he's taking you up stairs for some much needed quiet time because you threw a fit is never going to be acceptable behavior. Sorry kid you just lost screen time for the rest of the day and extended quiet time.

Sincerely,

Your Mommy who hopes to any and all dieties and science that this behavior is just the exhaustion of holding it together the first week of school and will end soon.

DS 09/2008

• Loading the player...
  • Dear Self -- 

For God's sake, write stuff down. Sifting through your email to try to figure out if you have a guest for today's webcast today or not is NOT working.

Signed,
    only half an hour more to see if someone contacts me about the webcast or if I didn't actually have anyone scheduled  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Dear DS,

You've been making great strides with your speech this last month, but you still have a ways to go.  Please don't rest on your laurels.  Jargon again with your momma or practice your (few) words.  If you aren't up to that, dancing with me to the music like we did today is ok too ;)  Whenever you engage with us it absolutely makes my day.

Love you,

Mama

ps. It would be really cool if you could not throw your bowl/plate onto the floor at mealtime.  Mmmkay?

Dear EI (well, Early Start in Cali),

Could you please come up with a time that we could get services that isn't smack in the middle of naptime.  Us going in then would defeat the whole purpose.  DS would get nothing out of it bc he'd be either falling asleep on me or falling apart tired.  I'd not be able to give all my attention bc I'd be tending to him. 

Thanks,

Frustrated Mom who was told 2+ weeks ago that services were just days away.  As if.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"