Infertility
Options

trigger injection question

I was told tonight that  the HCG injection needs to be done at a specific time (could be middle of the night, at work, etc.).
For those of you who have been down this road already- what have you done if it falls during your work hours? Do you do it yourself?
My husband travels for work and wont be here for almost the whole month.  I have a friend who will give me my injections.  but I do not know what to do about this one!!
  • Iui 1: bfn
  • IUI 2with clomid: bfn
  • Iui 3 & 4 with clomid (same cycle) :BFP! but turned into an ectopic pregnancy. Bled for 3 months 
  • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
  • October- IVF with ICSI  ER 10/27, 7 retrieved, 5 mature, 5 fertlized
    ET  11/1 transferred 2 froze 2
    BFP!!!!! on 11/11

Re: trigger injection question

• Options
    Is it possible to go to the RE office and let them do it? I have heard of some girls on here being able to do it themselves, but I think, personally, I would have to have someone else do it.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Ashris13 said:
    Is it possible to go to the RE office and let them do it? I have heard of some girls on here being able to do it themselves, but I think, personally, I would have to have someone else do it.
    No way i will be able to do it myself, not a chance
    • Iui 3 & 4 with clomid (same cycle) :BFP! but turned into an ectopic pregnancy. Bled for 3 months 
    • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
      BFP!!!!! on 11/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The hcg shot is 36 hours before retrieval so that is typically between 6pm - 4am if your RE does them that late. I know mine only does them between 6 and 10 am. If you work nights you will know ahead of time and have some idea in advance to plan and maybe have a friend meet you at work or stay over.
    Good luck
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• Options
    Since my trigger was 35.5 hours before my retrieval, I had to trigger at 1:00am. My clinic does ER during the day, so triggers are usually in the evening or middle of the night.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    poohniki said:
    The hcg shot is 36 hours before retrieval so that is typically between 6pm - 4am if your RE does them that late. I know mine only does them between 6 and 10 am. If you work nights you will know ahead of time and have some idea in advance to plan and maybe have a friend meet you at work or stay over. Good luck
    Thanks.  That info helps.  Now I wont have to worry about work hours (8-4) but i will have to worry if its in the middle of the night.  Ill have to go knocking at a friedns door at 3 am!
    • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
      BFP!!!!! on 11/11

• Options
    Maybe a friend could stay over, instead of you having to go in the middle of the night!  Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Smals said:
    Ashris13 said:
    No way i will be able to do it myself, not a chance
    I felt the same way, thought that there was no way that I would be able to give myself the shot. However, when the time came and I had to do it, because DH was at work, I was able to give myself the shot & realized it was not as bad as I had built it up to be. Good luck! You can do it! :) 
    TTC #1 since 8/2011
    Dx: Endometriosis(2000) & Uterine Fibroids
    Sept 2012-March 2013: TTA for surgery & recovery; surgery removed: neuroendocrine tumor & 30% of pancreas, 
    endo on diaphragm & in abdomen, & uterine septum
    April 2013: 5mg Femera - IUI cancelled
    May 2013: Cycle cancelled; CD3 estradiol levels too high
    June 2013: Cycle cancelled; umbilical hernia found; surgery to repair
    July 2013: IUI #1.2 - 5mg Femera + trigger = BFN
    Aug 2013: IUI #2 - 5mg Femera + trigger = BFN
    Nov 2013: surgery to remove 8cm fibroid from uterus & clean up endo
    March 2014: IVF #1 - Gonal F & Menopur; retrieved 12 eggs; 6 fertilized; 0 made it to blast
    moving on to DE
    July 2014: FET #1 w/ DE; cancelled due to clots in uterus; hysteroscopy to remove fibroid.
    Hopefully beginning FET #1.2 in late August/early Sept.

• Options
    If the shot is sub-q (in the belly) it really is easy. You could do it yourself. IM shots are more tricky but those can be done by yourself as well. You can do it!

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • Options
    I think my hcg was sub q. I have been doing my stomach shots this cycle and its not so bad... and might I add that I was terrified of needles. If you know you cant do it, perhaps you can give your friend a heads up and plan accordingly. :) good luck.
  • Options
    putyou can do the tigger also in your upper outer thigh as well (where saddlebags-at least mine-are) it hurts less and seems to bruise less for me. just do it quickly, shouldn't be a prob. squeeze the "fat" and houold needle like a dart and put in as quickly as possible and push plunger quickly. You prob wont feel a thing. I give myself the IM shots-POI although no fun, its actually easier for me to do it mentally than to not know the exact moment needle is coming when someone else does it. I think I feel better because I have control over the situation. GL!

Me:: 32 DH: 37

TTC since 2008

8+ IUI's

IVF June 2013 fresh 2 grade 1 embryos-BFN

IVF frozen transfer Aug 16 2013- 3 embryos=SUCCESS!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've never done a trigger shot after 10pm (maaaaybe 11) with either of my REs. And if it comes down to it, you might just have to give it to yourself. I never thought I'd be able to do it either but IF forces us down many paths we might not have otherwise expected.
    I suck at getting pregnant
    I really suck at staying pregnant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"